PDA

View Full Version : Manuel...

RKMeibalane
09-08-2002, 12:41 AM
...for the love of God, stop tinkering! You've admitted most of your moves don't work, so why do you keep screwing around with the lineup? Geez! Is it possible for you to show that you have a set of balls and to tell Ken Williams to stand in the middle of the Dan Ryan expressway during rush hour? Arrghhh!

Tragg
09-08-2002, 08:26 AM
Thing is, this is the time of the year to tinker.
How about tinkering with Borchard in the lineup, Kenny Manuel?

rmusacch
09-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...for the love of God, stop tinkering! You've admitted most of your moves don't work, so why do you keep screwing around with the lineup? Geez! Is it possible for you to show that you have a set of balls and to tell Ken Williams to stand in the middle of the Dan Ryan expressway during rush hour? Arrghhh!

Would you tell your boss that? I didn't think so.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Would you tell your boss that? I didn't think so.

I agree. This is Williams' work. Manuel is his puppet to be putting together these crazy lineups.

Just yesterday, Manuel said he could live with a weak-hitting catcher, but not without offensive production from the other spots. He specifically named Clayton and Thomas as the source of problems this year, then added that he was confident Thomas would be fine recovering from surgery.

Given that statement, how do you justify making Willie Harris the new "choice" at the bottom of the lineup? Holy cow--even Josh Paul and Mark Johnson are batting ahead of him!

The longer this b.s. goes on, the more I'm convinced Manuel is being set up for the fall. Williams manipulating Manuel perfectly explains why Manuel says one thing, and does another.

The Sox GM is an incompetent boob. How long before Reinsdorf pulls the plug on this idiot? I'm guessing not less than five years.

:ohno
"That would be about par for the course for this outfit."