PDA

View Full Version : KWilliams on FOX broadcst, and why it sucks to be a Sox fan

captain54
09-07-2002, 04:32 PM
We have to be the laughingstock of MLB....

For some reason, they had KW esposing his inane, rambling thoughts on what lies ahead for the Sox, and his take on it was that we shouldn't be too worried about the team offensively seeing that we are one of the top offensive teams in the league..

then the team proceeds to come up with a pathetic offensive performance leading to a 4-2 loss to the suck ass Indians....

No, Kenny....this team looks like it could be the next Tigers/Royals/Blue Jays/Rangers, and all you did on the Fox broadcast was try to put a postive spin on things to bail your ass out of a disastrous season orchestrated by yourself....

the Sox are in the top three in homers in the AL...that's it....big deal...

you suck, reinsdorf sucks and good luck getting season ticket money out of me next year....

PaleHoseGeorge
09-07-2002, 04:41 PM
I missed this. Please don't tell me he did his "unappreciated genius" routine in front of a national TV audience? The guy thinks he deserves a medal for acquiring Damaso Marte.

What a dolt.

duke of dorwood
09-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Its a new nightmare everytime he opens his mouth. The final score is where we were October 2000, and where we are now.

Jjav829
09-07-2002, 04:50 PM
As someone said on The Score the other day (Julie Swieca, I think)...

If acquiring Damaso Marte is what you lean on to prove yourself as a GM, your in trouble. (or something to that effect)

Foulke You
09-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Positive things that KW has done in his tenure:

1. Damaso Marte

Negative things KW has done:

Said Hello to:
:gun :hitless :weewillie

Screwed over/tinkered with:
:keith :manos

Said Adios to:
:kipper :JB :milk :walk :sean

Facts are facts KW. The criticism is deserved.

CubKilla
09-07-2002, 07:43 PM
Man this guy is a jerk! I can't wait for September 30th when all of this will be over (at least for 2002). And this may be premature, but I hope this moron has the guts to show up at SoxFest this year. I wasn't gonna go. Quite frankly, I wasn't too impressed with it last year and thought it was a waste of money. But I plan on getting my money's worth this year if this retard has the guts to show his face to a pack of rabid, PO'ed Sox fans..... myself included. I fully plan on being ejected from the premises. But there won't be one Sox fan in the room that will disagree with me..... except maybe Farmer, Hawk, and JM (who will probably stick up for Lenny afraid that they'll be replaced with Darryl Boston if they don't).

GASHWOUND
09-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Its a new nightmare everytime he opens his mouth. The final score is where we were October 2000, and where we are now.

While I was flicking back and forth through channels I saw DJ and that other guy interviewing him..2 seconds later I was outa there..Him sitting there, leaning back on that chair lookin like King George..I just know whatever comes out of his mouth is a meaningless waste of breath, an airborne toxic event.

Although later in the game when Thomas came up to bat DJ asked that other guy that he asked KW abot Thomas..twice but KW ignored it completely..
I'm SHOCKED!

What a dumbass

MikeKreevich
09-07-2002, 09:50 PM
You know what's sad? Next year Manuel might be gone but Williams will still be here.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-07-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
You know what's sad? Next year Manuel might be gone but Williams will still be here.

That's exactly what will happen--assuming anybody goes at all. And once Manuel is gone, you know Lenny is going to fill the job with another of his lackeys!

:garyward :garypettis
"Hey boss, guess what we heard Keith Foulke say to Kelly Wunsch at breakfast this morning?"

Nellie_Fox
09-08-2002, 01:38 AM
I just loved it when they asked KW to name his greatest accomplishment as GM, and he said it would be tough to name just one. Yeah, I bet it would be.

captain54
09-08-2002, 02:13 AM
I don't know if anyone caught it, when asked to comment on some of the questionable deals he has made, he brought up the Todd Ritchie deal and said "WE thought WE would bring Todd in here and WE thought he would be real successful"....

Be a man, you little weasel, and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for this mess, rather than try to pass off the blame on whoever else...

Your the GM, dumb ass, you're supposed to oversee and mold this team into your conception of a winner....

He also mentioned he has been in professional sports all his life and he knows what makes up good chemistry in the clubhouse, and what kinds of personalities it takes to make up a winning ballclub....

Kenny, kiss my gleaming white ass on that one.....boy, those Sox teams of the mid 80's gave you a lot of exposure to a winning atmosphere.....

There was so much more to that interview I could hammer home, but I'm afraid I'm going to be ill.....After he was done, I turned off the game in disgust and was in a bad mood the rest of the day....

Pete Ward
09-08-2002, 08:11 AM
Im sorry but....

This team is a failed bit!

I'd start with the GM and fire the management team down to the coaching staff and start again.

We need an Owner committed to winning in a Major Market.

We need a GM with a clue.

We need a Manager and coaching staff.

2000 must have been "pure luck".

This team went from Overachieving to Underachieving quicker than a NY second.

Tinker - Tinker Mr Williams

This team went from having one of the best (supposed) farm systems to arm injury DL heaven.

I guess its frustration and years of incompetence that build up this cynical view of the Sox. Even when we do well (2000) its tough to think that it will last with our history.

Its tough being a SOX FAN!

SI1020
09-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Maybe I'm trying to play Sigmund Freud without a license but he appeared very defensive. Oh, for sure he was trying to sound authoratitive and confident but when the camera was on him he had the defensive posture (arms folded), and his voice was more of a monotone than usual. He knows what a complete (fill in the blank) he is. The announcers were lobbing him softballs, but again I could feel that he was definitely uncomfortable. Again this is the toughest time in 45 years for me to keep the faith.

Dan H
09-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Just as bad or worse than this nonsense from KW is the Chicago sports media fawning all over Jerry Reinsdorf and giving him credit for the recent seven game winning streak. If Reinsdorf was really decisive, he would have fired Williams and Manuel after that horrible streak in July when the Sox struggled against every weak team in the league. The fact that Williams and Manuel are still here is an insult to all of us. This team actually has some potential but won't improve with the totally inept leadership it has now. I guess we are supposed to be happy with 43 years without a World Series and 85 with a World Series championship. Do they think we are as stupid as Cub fans? The Cubs are already advertising for their stupid convention. They certainly aren't printing playoff tickets.

soxtalker
09-08-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
Just as bad or worse than this nonsense from KW is the Chicago sports media fawning all over Jerry Reinsdorf and giving him credit for the recent seven game winning streak. If Reinsdorf was really decisive, he would have fired Williams and Manuel after that horrible streak in July when the Sox struggled against every weak team in the league. The fact that Williams and Manuel are still here is an insult to all of us.

A couple of thoughts here:

I haven't noticed the fawning over JR as much, but I haven't been paying quite as close attention since the trading/strike deadline passed at the end of August. What I have noticed is that the media seems to give KW more of a pass than most fans are willing to give him. I don't understand this. As a fan, I can at least go and focus on some other aspects of my life. A sportswriter is forced to spend time with this debacle.

Regarding firing KW and JR -- well, I could see that they might fire a manager in the middle of a season, but don't most GM replacements occur in the off-season? (Unfortunately, virtually all reports from the media indicate that we won't have such a replacement this off-season.)

PaleHoseGeorge
09-08-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I just loved it when they asked KW to name his greatest accomplishment as GM, and he said it would be tough to name just one. Yeah, I bet it would be.

Hey, that's an easy one to answer. His greatest accomplishment was getting offered the position over Dan Evans. It's been all downhill for everyone concerned ever since then--with the possible exception of Evans, of course.

:KW
"My greatest accomplishment? That's easy, Joe. Back in 2000, I convinced Jerry Reinsdorf I had a clue what I was doing, was the genius behind the alleged strength of our minor league system, and fully capable of becoming a big league GM."

:reinsy
"And besides that, he works cheap!"