Why is it looking more and more like

:weewillie equals :hitless ?

Here's my best guess...

:KW
"I acquired them, and dammit they are going to play!!!"

:jerry
"And I'm the fall guy when they fail."

:reinsy
"And I'm the guy with all the REAL authority. Did you hear about my clubhouse tirade?"

:keith
"Sean Lowe was lucky to get the hell outta here."

Foulke You
09-07-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
SS- Jimenez
CF- Rowand
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
1B- Konerko
LF- Lee
3B- Crede
C- Paul
2B- Harris

:manos
"I can't get in a groove if I don't play. I guess those HRs I hit recently caused this benching. Hey Keith, I see you're getting the shaft too?"

:keith
"Why yes, Jose. Jerry likes his "closer by commitee" strategy."

HawkDJ
09-07-2002, 04:26 PM
So now you people are complaining that Jose ISN'T playing? This is amazing. I don't think anything the Sox do would make all of you happy. Last I checked we wanted to let the young players play???? oh well.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-07-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
So now you people are complaining that Jose ISN'T playing? This is amazing. I don't think anything the Sox do would make all of you happy. Last I checked we wanted to let the young players play???? oh well.

Willie Harris is batting .217. Manuel gave up on him weeks ago, but still keeps him in the lineup while Jimenez, a bonafide secondbasemen, is being ping-ponged all over the infield by The Tinkerer just to find him some playing time. Is that what you think makes sense?

Sure, play the kids. But who should be getting regular playing time at second base? Are we suppose to screw up this chance for Jimenez just so KW can prove the genius of his trading Chris Singleton for Willie Harris?

Foulke You
09-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

I've ALWAYS been complaining that Jose shouldn't be out of the lineup. This isn't a new thing. I'm all for playing the kids like Crede, Borchard, and Jimenez but not at the expense of Valentin's playing time. I FINALLY got my wish of Valentin moving back to SS but now Jerry "the tinkering titan" Manuel moves everyone around the diamond. I swear I think he has a lotto ball machine in his office and that is how he fills out the lineup card. Jimenez has played well enough to play at 2B every day. He isn't going to get comfortable if you keep changing his position. Also, Valentin plays one day, then sits, plays two days, then sits. Everyday should be everyday, Jerry. Not just platoon against right handed pitchers.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-07-2002, 07:37 PM
I'm rather indifferent whether Valentin plays a lot of shortstop this month. The season is over.

However I do get pissed when I see Jimenez getting his chain pulled almost every night. First he plays second base, then shortstop, then he's benched, then it's third base, then back to the bench... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT???

Jimenez is a natural secondbasemen. Play him there, and see what he can do. The final score of these games are meaningless. At least find out what the guy can do.

If a better shortstop comes along, trade or bench Valentin. However, the Sox have nobody better on the team and nobody in the minors who figures to step up in 2003 either. We're probably stuck with Manos' iron glove and steel bat. Whether we like it or not, Reinsdorf ain't spending money to get another shortstop.

As for third base, it's Crede. Leave him alone. I can live with an infield of Crede, Valentin, Jimenez, and Konerko next year.

What I can't live with is this incessant tinkering. And for the first time, I'm beginning to believe Kenny Williams is the biggest cause of it.

:jerry
"I didn't tinker anything like this when Schueler was GM."

:KW
"And all the screwy personnel moves involve guys I traded for."