PDA

View Full Version : Would Kenny Manuel please explain....

Tragg
09-07-2002, 07:33 AM
why Osuna remains ahead of foulke in the bullpen depth chart?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-07-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

Foulke is in the official "White Sox Doghouse" where few if any ballplayers ever emerge. They don't know what to do with him so they don't do anything at all.

They'll trade him, if they can. They'll let him go for peanuts, if they can't. See Durham, Ray.

SI1020
09-07-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Foulke is in the official "White Sox Doghouse" where few if any ballplayers ever emerge. They don't know what to do with him so they don't do anything at all.

They'll trade him, if they can. They'll let him go for peanuts, if they can't. See Durham, Ray. I agree with you and I think that Foulke can be an effective closer again. His number of blown saves wasn't that high but they seemed to come in really gut wrenching games. Then after Nardi tried to "fix" him the poor guy was really lost. However his ERA is now down to 3.43. If they get rid of him ala Ray that would be another bitter pill to swallow. It's hard to keep the faith with the Reinsdorf/Kenny Sox.

RKMeibalane
09-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by SI1020
I agree with you and I think that Foulke can be an effective closer again. His number of blown saves wasn't that high but they seemed to come in really gut wrenching games. Then after Nardi tried to "fix" him the poor guy was really lost. However his ERA is now down to 3.43. If they get rid of him ala Ray that would be another bitter pill to swallow. It's hard to keep the faith with the Reinsdorf/Kenny Sox.

Foulke has pitched well since Nardi was reassigned. I think Keith's working with Nardi was one of the reasons he had so many problems in the first place. I too am beginning to wonder if there is any hope for this team as long as Williams and Reinsdorf continue running things.

Jjav829
09-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

I don't know but I sure the hell hope he gets a save today. One of my fantasy teams needs him! :smile:

RKMeibalane
09-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I don't know but I sure the hell hope he gets a save today. One of my fantasy teams needs him! :smile:

Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel probably won't use him today. I think we'll see Marte instead.

duke of dorwood
09-07-2002, 03:36 PM
With Sean Lowe gone, they needed a new player to make some sort of example of . It appears there will be one every year of the Williams regime. Its will probably always be someome KW did not obtain.

Foulke You
09-07-2002, 05:39 PM
Foulke's fate was sealed the moment he held out for more money and won his arbitration case with the Sox earlier in the year. He hit Reinsdorf right where it hurts, the wallet. All he was asking was for fair market value for a closer of his calibur. As usual, the Sox tried to lowball him. He turned down the offer and went to arbitration hearings and won. I'm sure KW and Reinsy immediately put him on a short leash and just used his early season struggles as a means to ditch his hefty salary in the near future. That way they can save face by saying "See! We're doing something about our struggling team!! I'm making changes!" When in reality all they are doing is dumping one of the game's top notch closers (not to mention, the remaining jewel of the White Flag Surrender Trade) for peanuts.

The drafting of a closer Royce Ring as the 1st pick in the draft the Sox had this year started sounding the death toll bell for Foulke. It's unfortunate that I'll have to watch my favorite player Foulke pitch in Yankee Pinstripes or some other serious contender we're sure to bestow a good player upon.

:keith
"I'm getting the shaft. Big time."