PDA

View Full Version : Friday's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2002, 10:40 PM
I wonder if Mark Buehrle is turning over buffet tables and calling his teammates female dogs?

"If he is, he learned it at our GM's feet." :hurt

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=1904)

Yeah they suck, but what are you going to do--get a lobotomy and become a Flubs fan?

voodoochile
09-06-2002, 10:50 PM
That can't be Frank's picture up there...

Doesn't he suck now?

Jerry_Manuel
09-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Doesn't he suck now?

Garbage time. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
09-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Garbage time. :smile: Or maybe "finally coming back from a major injury" time?

sox_fan_forever
09-07-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Or maybe "finally coming back from a major injury" time?

That's what I'm saying.

Stephanie

Jjav829
09-07-2002, 11:53 AM

Doesn't he suck now?

Yeah I know!!! I mean that was the first thing I thought of when I saw he won PTC!! I mean winning like your 5th PTC of the entire season means that your great! And especially hitting a meaningless 3 run homer off that dominating David Riske with his tremendously low 6.25 ERA. Frank's back baby! YES!! YES!! I love when a player has one good game against a great Indians pitching staff! I just go crazy with excitement because it means that player is so good!

RKMeibalane
09-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Yeah I know!!! I mean that was the first thing I thought of when I saw he won PTC!! I mean winning like your 5th PTC of the entire season means that your great! And especially hitting a meaningless 3 run homer off that dominating David Riske with his tremendously low 6.25 ERA. Frank's back baby! YES!! YES!! I love when a player has one good game against a great Indians pitching staff! I just go crazy with excitement because it means that player is so good!

It's nice to see so many people rooting for Frank. It really is. Nowhere else have I seen a group of fans rally around a player more than the likes of bc2k have rallied around Frank Thomas.

voodoochile
09-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

Just for the record, according to a recent tribune article (Thursday?), Frank has reached base in 35 straight games, so including today the streak is now at 36

Where in my post did you see that I was screaming that Frank is back? I was merely pointing out that with all the negativity towards Frank, it was nice to see him win a PTC. Of course the EOBH really can't stand it when the big guy does well and prefer to continue to dwell on his bad season to date rather than cheer for the greatest player in Sox history to come back strong. They'd rather be right than root for Frank...

Jjav829
09-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Just for the record, according to a recent tribune article (Thursday?), Frank has reached base in 35 straight games, so including today the streak is now at 36

Where in my post did you see that I was screaming that Frank is back? I was merely pointing out that with all the negativity towards Frank, it was nice to see him win a PTC. Of course the EOBH really can't stand it when the big guy does well and prefer to continue to dwell on his bad season to date rather than cheer for the greatest player in Sox history to come back strong. They'd rather be right than root for Frank...

That's great to see. Hopefully he'll turn it around.

You didn't scream that he is back. What you did is take one simple good game that he had, and try to point that to support your case about Frank, rather than simply admit that hes having a bad season. O but when it comes to someone like Clayton you'll be all over him rather than rooting for him to turn it around and play better. Hmm...I wonder why that is. Seems like there is a lot of hypocriscy there. And when did I say that I don't root for Frank. I have nothing against Frank. I hope he is with the Sox next season, produces well, and is a good team player. Have I ever stated that I don't like Frank or that I want him off of this team? The only thing I ever did was say that I support the fans who want to boo Frank. I said I feel they have the right to boo or voice their opinion in whatever way possible once they have paid their way into the park. But I think we've been through that before.

Once again. I have NOTHING against Franks play this year. I do wonder how much of what guys like Konerko said is true about Frank. What I dislike is all the Frank apologists who run around talking about how Frank is just having bad luck, etc. (You want a great example, see ChiSox361 on the troll boards). It seems like some people can't seem to admit that maybe their favorite player isn't as good as they think he is. For instance, I'll use Carlos Lee. Not my favorite player, but I used his picture in my sig for a while just to show support for keeping him. Does that mean that I think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread? No. I realize all of his weaknesses. I still support him but when he does something stupid, do I sit here and make up excuses as to why he is such a dumbass? No. I know he is a terrible baserunner. His defense has improved but is he a good defensive outfielder? No. I think he has shown improvements by taking more pitches and learning not to expand his strike zone. But if the Sox can get a good pitcher for him in the offseason, then they should do it. That said I don't want to see them trade him for Todd Ritchie II.