PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Biggest Problem


ChiSoxBobette
09-06-2002, 11:09 AM
When is J.R. going to see that our teams biggest problem is JERRY MANUEL , last night we should have won that game but NOOOOOOOOOOO, Jerry has this idea that Jose Valentine is our S.S. , the guys got a good bat with power but not at that position last nights error cost us a win and what do you hear from manuel Oh well. Thats been his reaction to everything thats happened this season. J. D'Angelo at s.s. or even god forbid should I say it Yes I WIll- Royce Clayton we probably win a game. I would love to see where our team would be if our genius manager was gone and we had someone on this team thats a MAJOR LEAGUE MANAGER, that knew who should play where and would stop tinkering with our lineup.!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Procol Harum
09-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I would love to see where our team would be if our genius manager was gone and we had someone on this team thats a MAJOR LEAGUE MANAGER, that knew who should play where and would stop tinkering with our lineup.!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

I'd love to see where our team might be if our genius owner, his staff, and general manager were gone and we had actual Major League quality ownership, administration, public relations, and player evaluation on the South Side....

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
I'd love to see where our team might be if our genius owner, his staff, and general manager were gone and we had actual Major League quality ownership, administration, public relations, and player evaluation on the South Side....

Absolutely. The Sox are the only team to get themselves a publicly-financed brand-new ballpark, 100+ Diamond Suites, TV and radio revenue commensurate with being in the #3 media market in America--and still have the stones to tell their fans they can't compete.

Changing the manager fixes none of this.

Iwritecode
09-06-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
last nights error cost us a win

No it didn't. Take away the grand slam that happened after the error and the Sox still lose 7 - 6...

ChiSoxBobette
09-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Yeah sure you can say that but being down by one run & 5 runs means more to team trying to come back!!!!!! :angry:

soxrme
09-06-2002, 12:54 PM
JOSE IS NOT THE ANSWER AT SHORT. HE WILL ALWAYS BE PRONE TO ERRORS. GET HIM OUT OF THERE. WHY DIDN'T JIMENEZ PLAY SHORT LAST NIGHT. HE LOOKS IMPRESSIVE. TO DAVE WILLS IF YOU READ ****GIVE THE DAMN SCORE**** :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Yeah sure you can say that but being down by one run & 5 runs means more to team trying to come back!!!!!! :angry:

Well I knew somebody would post the ol' psychological argument about unearned runs. We've covered this ground a thousand times. Basically, we're to believe these runs costs far more than simply what appears in the run column. At the same time, the positive psychological effect of Valentin homering three times and driving in four runs the previous three games is nil.

None of this is proveable. Please just give it up.

For the love of God, GIVE IT UP!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
JOSE IS NOT THE ANSWER AT SHORT. HE WILL ALWAYS BE PRONE TO ERRORS. GET HIM OUT OF THERE. WHY DIDN'T JIMENEZ PLAY SHORT LAST NIGHT. HE LOOKS IMPRESSIVE. TO DAVE WILLS IF YOU READ ****GIVE THE DAMN SCORE**** :angry:

Have you tried stress tabs for this condition?

Jerry_Manuel
09-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Well I knew somebody would post the ol' psychological argument about unearned runs.

None of this is proveable. Please just give it up.

For the love of God, GIVE IT UP!

I just don't understand why people care about the results of these games.

Iwritecode
09-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I just don't understand why people care about the results of these games.

Cause we still have a shot to catch Minnesota! C'mon Jerry, get with the program. Geez...

Actually, the only games I really want them to win are the 3 at home vs. Minnesota. Unless they've already clinched, then it really doesn't matter. Let them clinch somewhere else. Just not here.

duke of dorwood
09-06-2002, 01:28 PM
It does appear that Willie Harris era as the Ray-apparent may be over already as far as the manager goes. And this cant make KW very happy.

Iwritecode
09-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Yeah sure you can say that but being down by one run & 5 runs means more to team trying to come back!!!!!! :angry:

You're talking about the same team that was 1-30 when trailing after 8 innings or some horrible stat like that. Some nights 1 run seems like 5 runs. Especially when you've got guys like Parque on the hill...

hold2dibber
09-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
When is J.R. going to see that our teams biggest problem is JERRY MANUEL , last night we should have won that game but NOOOOOOOOOOO, Jerry has this idea that Jose Valentine is our S.S. , the guys got a good bat with power but not at that position last nights error cost us a win and what do you hear from manuel Oh well. Thats been his reaction to everything thats happened this season. J. D'Angelo at s.s. or even god forbid should I say it Yes I WIll- Royce Clayton we probably win a game. I would love to see where our team would be if our genius manager was gone and we had someone on this team thats a MAJOR LEAGUE MANAGER, that knew who should play where and would stop tinkering with our lineup.!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

This rant is a perfect example of unfair 20/20 hindsight. Jose was at SS during the last few games of the Blue Jays series and he was knocking home runs out of the park left and right. No one complained then that he should be sitting on the bench with D'Ang at SS then.

voodoochile
09-06-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
This rant is a perfect example of unfair 20/20 hindsight. Jose was at SS during the last few games of the Blue Jays series and he was knocking home runs out of the park left and right. No one complained then that he should be sitting on the bench with D'Ang at SS then.

That's Bob for you, just don't go asking him what he thinks of Garland...

Oh to be young and idealistic again when every loss cut like a knife and every mistake felt like my chest was getting ripped open. No wait, I don't know that I ever felt that way...

:D:

CubKilla
09-06-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
This rant is a perfect example of unfair 20/20 hindsight. Jose was at SS during the last few games of the Blue Jays series and he was knocking home runs out of the park left and right. No one complained then that he should be sitting on the bench with D'Ang at SS then.

The most sense anyone has made in this post besides PHG and IWC. Remember though, Royce is in the upper echelon of MLB SS's defensively. <YAWN>

WinningUgly!
09-06-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That's Bob for you, just don't go asking him what he thinks of Garland...

:D:

Yeah, when I saw the thread title "White Sox Biggest Problem" with ChiSoxBob's name as the topic starter, I thought for sure Jon Garland's name would soon follow. :D:

sox_fan_forever
09-06-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Yeah, when I saw the thread title "White Sox Biggest Problem" with ChiSoxBob's name as the topic starter, I thought for sure Jon Garland's name would soon follow. :D:

LOL, I thought the same thing.



Stephanie

Tragg
09-07-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
When is J.R. going to see that our teams biggest problem is JERRY MANUEL , last night we should have won that game but NOOOOOOOOOOO, Jerry has this idea that Jose Valentine is our S.S. ,

The only thing more ludicrous than the notion that Valentine should be our SS next year is the notion that Clayton is anything close to a major league player. Mauel's given that slug more playing time over the last 2 years than he possibly deserves. We need a SS; but I'll take Valentine any day over clayton.

harwar
09-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Absolutely. The Sox are the only team to get themselves a publicly-financed brand-new ballpark, 100+ Diamond Suites, TV and radio revenue commensurate with being in the #3 media market in America--and still have the stones to tell their fans they can't compete.

Changing the manager fixes none of this.

Yea,it starts right at the top with Reinsdorf.He may have made millions doing what he does best in the business world,but he shouldn't own a baseball team.I've been so angry at him for so long that he is personally responsible for one of my ulcers.Also,i was living in dallas when they built the "ballpark at arlington" and not only did our fearless leader(George W. Bush) get that new park by public funds(even though it was voted down in a referendum)but after a few years(10 i think)the total ownership of the park reverts to George W. himself.Pretty good scam.Hes' using the same tactics in Fla. to help his brother Jeb get re-elected.Nepotism,ya gotta love it.

RKMeibalane
09-07-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
The most sense anyone has made in this post besides PHG and IWC. Remember though, Royce is in the upper echelon of MLB SS's defensively. <YAWN>

Agreed. I think it's unfair to pin the Thursday loss on Jose Valentin. Too many other things went wrong for the Sox, and they wouldn't have won with Clayton or Jimenez at SS. It looks as though people are just trying to find anything they can to complain about.

Also, regarding the statement about Manuel, I don't think replacing him would be answer, either. Let's face it. If Manuel is fired, KW will replace him with one of his goons. I don't want to see Darryl Boston in that dugout next season. Things will only get worse if JM is canned.