PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Cheeses, about the Cubs......

DVG
09-06-2002, 07:24 AM
Ever since that great post about our Cubbies needing to go 25-0
to finish above .500, they haven't lost a game.Gee, ya think maybe...?

:moron

Go, my Cubbies!!!!!! the A's won twenty straight!!!!! You are the
most glamorous, wonderful thing in all creation!!!! So blessed that God saw fit to send His son to play for you!!!! You can do it!!

DVG
09-06-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by DVG

:moron

So blessed that God saw fit to send His son to play for you!!!!

:shammy

Yeah. What he said.

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by DVG
Ever since that great post about our Cubbies needing to go 25-0
to finish above .500, they haven't lost a game.Gee, ya think maybe...?

Yes, I certainly seem to have lit a real inferno underneath their collective butts.

But seriously, check who they've been amassing their latest victories over -- the even lowlier Milwaukee Brewers. Reality check time will come into play this weekend vs. the Redbirds, trust me.

:payrod

And hey, Sham-ME, how does it feel to be just the 2nd best slugger in all of baseball!!! 50 zingers for me -- read it and weep!!!

cheeses_h_rice
09-06-2002, 11:17 PM
It is with great sadness that I must report that it will be another 2 years at least before the Flubbies can achieve back-to-back winning seasons.

*POUNDED* 11-2 tonight by the Cards (a/k/a A Real Baseball Team). Sham-ME with 3 Ks, too.

Takes a bit of the sting off tonight's cruddy loss; I'm still biting my tongue on that ump's call with Paulie's slide -- his foot clearly crossed the plate before the tag was applied.

DVG
09-06-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
It is with great sadness that I must report that it will be another 2 years at least before the Flubbies can achieve back-to-back winning seasons.

I'm heartbroken.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-07-2002, 12:40 AM
You know, at one point back in July I was honestly concerned they would finish with a better record than our team.

What a fool I was!

Never underestimate the incompetence of the Flubbies and their Cubune corporate parent.

:gulp:

sox_fan_forever
09-07-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Never underestimate the incompetence of the Flubbies and their Cubune corporate parent.

LOL, that's for sure.

Stephanie

Foulke You
09-07-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

*POUNDED* 11-2 tonight by the Cards (a/k/a A Real Baseball Team). Sham-ME with 3 Ks, too.

Takes a bit of the sting off tonight's cruddy loss; I'm still biting my tongue on that ump's call with Paulie's slide -- his foot clearly crossed the plate before the tag was applied.

Remember Baylor's confident boasting prediction of breaking the back to back winning season's jinx back in Spring Training? What a pathetic thing to "strive" for. Good teams call it a failure when you don't make the playoffs. Great teams call it a failure when you don't win the World Series. The Cubs call it a failure when they don't finish over .500.

WhiteSox = Life
09-07-2002, 05:34 PM
And Cubs fans call it a failure when Sham-Me doesn't go yard for them! Regardless of the final score.

:shammy
"Uh... right. All my homeruns are for my berry loving fans."