Paul C
Harris 2b

:jerry
"AL Player of the week huh? I'll show him Good!"

:crede
"Sonava..."

Jerry_Manuel
09-05-2002, 07:33 PM
I've seen about all I need to see out of Jeff Liefer.

I'd rather see Crede at 1st base this evening than Liefer.

They should just sit Valentin.

Daver
09-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I've seen about all I need to see out of Jeff Liefer.

I'd rather see Crede at 1st base this evening than Liefer.

They should just sit Valentin.

Valentin has been the hot bat lately,why sit him?

Sit Jiminez or Harris.

Jerry_Manuel
09-05-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by daver

Sit Jiminez or Harris.

I don't care about winning these games.

I just want to see what they can do.

Chisox_cali
09-05-2002, 07:43 PM
I don't care about winning these games.

You freakin Flubs Fan!!!!!!

spanishwhite
09-05-2002, 07:46 PM
Sox are undefeated when Jimenez plays :smile:

Sit Harris.

DrCrawdad
09-05-2002, 07:53 PM

Sit Jiminez or Harris.

Valentin is playing SS (listed above as MANOS).

Jerry said that he sat Crede because he turned his ankle yesterday.

Kilroy
09-05-2002, 07:54 PM

Cuz the Sox more than likely won't keep him. Might as well let the guys you expect will be here next year play...

spanishwhite
09-05-2002, 07:55 PM
im an ass

we are 6-1 with him in the lineup

still good though

Jimenez is a keeper :gulp:

Daver
09-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Cuz the Sox more than likely won't keep him. Might as well let the guys you expect will be here next year play...

Valentin is under contract for next year.........

RedPinStripes
09-05-2002, 07:58 PM
That's the worst lineup he's put out there yet. What the **** is he thinking!!!!!!!

Tell me about it!

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-05-2002, 08:03 PM
yea, this is just argh, both of the guys i had for ptc today aren't even playing -_- :whiner:

Jjav829
09-05-2002, 08:18 PM
:LTP
"Well looks like Im on the bench again. Hmm...I think today I'll figure out how many more days until I can walk away from here. Lets see 365 + 365 + 365 ....."

"Here let me help out. I already figured out how many more games I will have to play here before I can walk away."

Chisoxfn
09-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Valentin is under contract for next year.........

Who cares, he shouldn't be our future. Let the kids play, they are whats working and they are who should be playing. Manos is a bum as is Royce. Its time to give the future infielders of the Sox their time to produce.

Jimenez is awesome, he should be playing everyday as should Crede.

Rowand should be in the 2 hole with D'angelo leading off and Harris in the 9 slot, it should be like that everyday. Manos can sit on the bench and wait till the Sox deal him in the offseason.

BuehrleACE56
09-05-2002, 08:31 PM
jose has a hot bat. so play him until he goes cold again. but seriously, he's not gonna be around much longer. he's a good leader and a veteran, but overall he's old and i would rather see him sit and have the kids play.

BuehrleACE56
09-05-2002, 09:01 PM
with crede a lock at third next season, what's the point of playing jiminez or even jose over there? let joe get as much playing time and as many at-bats as possible. the more the better. why play "see what they can do" at third if they probably won't be playing there. Jeff liefer hasn't impressed me in all of his playing time lately. things seem about the same from him as always. almost anonymous at times.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-05-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
with crede a lock at third next season, what's the point of playing jiminez or even jose over there? let joe get as much playing time and as many at-bats as possible. the more the better. why play "see what they can do" at third if they probably won't be playing there. Jeff liefer hasn't impressed me in all of his playing time lately. things seem about the same from him as always. almost anonymous at times.

EXACTLY! This lineup from the Tinkerer makes no sense because Jimenez has no future playing third base for the Sox. Hell, if Crede is truly hurt too much to play (I find this hard to believe), I would move Valentin to third and let Jimenez play SS.

Harris isn't going to amount to squat. If he's lucky he'll become the next Tony Graffanino off the bench. Ideally, I would just stick Jimenez as 2B for the next 4 weeks and see what happens.

This b.s. Manuel does changing lineups every night leaves everybody clueless what the best combinations truly are. Besides that, the players get confused. They don't know what to expect.

What the hell is going through Jimenez's mind tonight?

RKMeibalane
09-05-2002, 11:05 PM
I wonder if Manuel will continue making lineup cards when the season is over.

October 31, 2002:

2B- Harris
CF- Rowand
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
1B- Konerko
LF- Lee
3B- Crede
SS- Clayton
C- Paul

November 28, 2002:

CF- Rowand
SS- Valentin
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
1B- Konerko
LF- Borchard
3B- Crede
C- Johnson
2B- Harris

December 25, 2002:

CF- Harris
2B- Graffanino
LF- Lee
1B- Konerko
DH- Thomas
SS- Valentin
RF- Borchard
3B- Crede
C- Paul

PaleHoseGeorge
09-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I wonder if Manuel will continue making lineup cards when the season is over.

That's the key for 2003, RK. Manuel needs to stay in shape through the off-season, filling out those lineup cards straight through the winter.

We can't afford another slow start by our manager like the one this past April when all he could do is run the same lineup out there everyday and we had the best record in the league.

"White Sox Baseball: You better bring your #2 pencil."

voodoochile
09-05-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
"White Sox Baseball: You better bring your #2 pencil."

And a whole lot of erasers...

Jerry_Manuel
09-05-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
And a whole lot of erasers...

I don't think that will be the case next season.

Clayton won't be here, so you won't have that mess at SS. The catching situation is crap until Olivo gets here anyway, that's not going to change.

Crede will be the guy at 3rd, Jose at SS, and D'Ang at 2nd I would guess. You'll still have your Sunday afternoon game tinkering with Tony playing somewhere though.

RedPinStripes
09-06-2002, 12:05 AM
I don't think that will be the case next season.

Clayton won't be here, so you won't have that mess at SS. The catching situation is crap until Olivo gets here anyway, that's not going to change.

Crede will be the guy at 3rd, Jose at SS, and D'Ang at 2nd I would guess. You'll still have your Sunday afternoon game tinkering with Tony playing somewhere though.

As long as there's 25 men on the roster, jerry will tinker. Just imagine if Lee is not dealt. Harris will be what they couldn't make ray do. Play cf and 2b. Then he'll have to find somewhere for Borchard to play .

:LTP
I can smell the bull**** already.

ChiSoxBobette
09-06-2002, 10:26 AM
Thats been our problem all year Manuel never sticks with a set lineup I think he thinks he's managing the diamondbacks they seem to do that a lot, but then again I would bet that right now that team is going with a set lineup most of the time now.I hope when J.R re-evaluates everyone as he said(I hope he means everyone)he will see how changing our lineup everyday disrupts any kind of momentum our players start to get into, just because we lost the last game vs. the bluejays is no reason to start changing the lineup, D'Angelo at 3B if Crede is our 3rd baseman for the next several years let him play. Why not let D'Angelo play ss , Crede at 3B , Harris at 2B and DH Valentine especially against Righthanded pitchers. I still think we need to get a real manager and coaches on this team if we are going to turn things around on the twinkies next year
:angry: :angry: