PDA

View Full Version : Hairston Dad And Son record?

Lip Man 1
09-04-2002, 04:06 PM
I don't know if this has ever happened before in baseball history. It might be worth checking on.....

Jerry Hairston Senior broke up a no hitter being thrown by the Tigers Milt Wilcox with a single in the 9th inning back on April 15, 1983 at Old Comiskey Park.

Jerry Hairston Junior broke up a no hitter being thrown by the Texas Rangers staff with a single in the 9th inning last night September 3, 2002 at Oriole Park At Camden Yards.

I wonder if a father / son combo has even broken up no hitters before???

Lip

kermittheefrog
09-04-2002, 04:25 PM
If you like little factoids like that and discussion about them you should join SABR and become a part of their listserv.

DrCrawdad
09-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Then there was Jerry Sr's father - Sam Hairston. I don't know if Sam broke up any NO-NO's.

Jerry Jr's brother Justin was selected by the D'Backs in last year's draft. So I guess now there is a chance that Jerry, Jerry & Justin could break up a NO-NO.

kermittheefrog
09-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Then there was Jerry Sr's father - Sam Hairston. I don't know if Sam broke up any NO-NO's.

Jerry Jr's brother Justin was selected by the D'Backs in last year's draft. So I guess now there is a chance that Jerry, Jerry & Justin could break up a NO-NO.

Are you sure you don't mean Scott Hairston? Or is there another brother named Justin also in the D-Backs system?

DrCrawdad
09-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Are you sure you don't mean Scott Hairston? Or is there another brother named Justin also in the D-Backs system?

You're right Scott is the Hairston son who was drafted last year. Jerry Sr. does though have a son named Justin, for the record. To complete the Hairston family photo, Jerry has two daughters - Stacie and Ann Marie.