PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else notice

Chisox_cali
09-02-2002, 04:57 PM
That we have 3 young pitchers with double digit wins? Granted Buehrle is way ahead of Wright and Garland, but still, I didn't think that we would have that statistic. Let's hope the Sox can finish above .500 and maybe get Jon and Danny to finish with +.500 records as well.

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2002, 05:02 PM
:KW

And thanks to my meddling, we're not going to have a 20-game loser finishing the season on our roster!

Man I'm a good GM!

34 Inch Stick
09-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Take a look at the ERA's for Wright and Garland. Don't fool yourself into thinking that this double digit win total means they pitched well. I am still hopeful for Garland's future. I don't think Wright is a MLB starter.

hold2dibber
09-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Take a look at the ERA's for Wright and Garland. Don't fool yourself into thinking that this double digit win total means they pitched well. I am still hopeful for Garland's future. I don't think Wright is a MLB starter.

I don't know for sure (obviously) whether Wright will be a good MLB starter, but I think he will be. He has shown flashes of brilliance and has even had several outings where he didn't have his best stuff but gave the team a good start anyway. As has been well chronicled, his problem has been an inability to avoid the monster inning. That seems to me to be an issue of focus and maturity. If he can start turning the 6 run innings into 2 run innings, he will be a good starting pitcher. That is, however, a big if.

bc2k
09-03-2002, 12:51 PM
And don't forget about a fourth potential double-digit winning starter in Gary Glover. He has 7 wins, and his 6 losses make him a better than .500 pitcher.