PDA

View Full Version : Rauch also recalled

HawkDJ
09-02-2002, 01:51 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20020902&content_id=119483&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

They say Rauch will throw out of the bullpen. Why not give him some starts instead of Rocky?

BuehrleACE56
09-02-2002, 02:03 PM
i agree. we pretty much know what kind of stuff rocky has as a starter. plus he's still not all the way recovered from his surgery. I think we should give rauch a couple of starts before season's end. why not? we've got nothing to lose and as near as i can tell he was getting it together at AAA. he's showed some signs of good stuff before. give the kid a shot.

RedPinStripes
09-02-2002, 02:07 PM
He's gonna be a starter, give him some starts.

Jjav829
09-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He's gonna be a starter, give him some starts.

Nah, makes too much sense.

Jerry_Manuel
09-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Todd Ritchie is on the comeback trail as well!

He'll be coming out of the pen once he gets back.

hold2dibber
09-03-2002, 08:33 AM
I don't mind giving Rauch a start here and there, but I don't think I'd do it at Biddle's expense. Biddle's future also is as a starter and he deserves a shot at a few starts before the end of the year as much as Rauch does. I'd probably stick Rauch in Glover's spot for a start or two.

RedPinStripes
09-03-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I don't mind giving Rauch a start here and there, but I don't think I'd do it at Biddle's expense. Biddle's future also is as a starter and he deserves a shot at a few starts before the end of the year as much as Rauch does. I'd probably stick Rauch in Glover's spot for a start or two.

i wouldn't take Glover out now. He's just built up the arm stregnth to go more then 4 innings. he's looked pretty impressive as a starter as of late.

hold2dibber
09-03-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
i wouldn't take Glover out now. He's just built up the arm stregnth to go more then 4 innings. he's looked pretty impressive as a starter as of late.

Actually, I agree. I take back my last post. I would just pitch Rauch out of the bullpen. The guys who are (apparently) in the rotation now (Buehrle, Garland, Wright, Biddle and Glover) should get the remainder of the starts. Let the other guys take their shots in ST next year. Plus, Rauch could use some confidence building. I think Manuel is pretty good at bringing along pitchers via the bullpen by using them in situations in which they can succeed; thereby building up confidence. That's what he should do with Rauch (and his 9.60 MLB ERA this year).

voodoochile
09-03-2002, 12:55 PM
I think they should allow Rauch to throw against guys he has an advantage over (like with Garland and Buehrle early in their careers). Let him build up some confidence and then try a start or two...

RichH55
09-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Let him throw out of the bullpen...its a good way to break in a starter and it tends to work better for us then just throwing him into the fire....there will be plenty of games for him to start in the future