PDA

View Full Version : Borchard era arriving soon

balboner
09-01-2002, 06:38 PM
Borchard got taken out in the 4th inning of the DH today, and rumor at the park is that he was called up to the big leagues. It would be great to see how he can do in the pros, as he might be the type of player who would do the same if he's in AA, AAA, or MLB.

Chisox_cali
09-01-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Borchard got taken out in the 4th inning of the DH today, and rumor at the park is that he was called up to the big leagues. It would be great to see how he can do in the pros, as he might be the type of player who would do the same if he's in AA, AAA, or MLB.

Cool. I havent heard any news on White Sox call-ups on any sites. Now this is just a theory on my part but charlotte played a double head today, and Jon Adkins pitched game one, usually Rauch pitches the day before adkins but he didn't pitch yesterday, so maybe he's on his way up too.

Jerry_Manuel
09-01-2002, 06:57 PM
Oh goodie, more lineup tinkering and more strike outs.

doublem23
09-01-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Not too mention rushing prospects waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before they're ready to be in the bigs.

Joy!

Chisox_cali
09-01-2002, 07:15 PM

What do you mean more strikeouts? A lot of K's really hasn't been much of a problem this year.

Jerry_Manuel
09-01-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
What do you mean more strikeouts? A lot of K's really hasn't been much of a problem this year.

Borchard will strike out a lot.

I saw all of Borchard I needed to see at Futures game.

Chisox_cali
09-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Borchard will strike out a lot.

I saw all of Borchard I needed to see at Futures game.

Oh yeah I knew that, I mean as a team right now we don't have a major strikeout problem.

rmusacch
09-01-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Not too mention rushing prospects waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before they're ready to be in the bigs.

Joy!

What is the harm in bringing him up for September for a trial to see how he does? I think it was in his contract that he was going to be called up in September.

voodoochile
09-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
What is the harm in bringing him up for September for a trial to see how he does? I think it was in his contract that he was going to be called up in September.

Totally agree. Let the kid take some swings at the big leaguers. It won't do anthing to harm him in the long run and may show him what he has to work on next year when he starts the year in AAA.

RedPinStripes
09-02-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Totally agree. Let the kid take some swings at the big leaguers. It won't do anthing to harm him in the long run and may show him what he has to work on next year when he starts the year in AAA.

If he jits decent up here, I doubt they'll send him down after ST. 2003. That's just how the Sox work when 5 mill was given to a player.

rmusacch
09-02-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
If he jits decent up here, I doubt they'll send him down after ST. 2003. That's just how the Sox work when 5 mill was given to a player.

I don't know what jits means :) but I do not see a problem if he shows that he is decent keeping him up here. It is not like he is an 18 year old kid.