PDA

View Full Version : Someone's getting fired IMO


RedPinStripes
08-31-2002, 05:45 AM
Something seems goofy here. Wonder if JM will be fired or if he'll quit?

Disfunctional Family (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug311.html)

LongDistanceFan
08-31-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Something seems goofy here. Wonder if JM will be fired or if he'll quit?

Disfunctional Family (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug311.html)

i think jm will refrain from a lot of finger pointing and i wish that he wouldn't. i bet kw has his fingers in a lot of what happened on the field this past season.

the article is a joke, this team is about to explode from he said and so forth, on the management level. kw is as you said the perfect lap dog. talking about trying to save his job.

the last section about kw begging for some credit on some of the trade that he panned out. jeeze that is soooo pathetic.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-31-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Something seems goofy here. Wonder if JM will be fired or if he'll quit?

Disfunctional Family (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug311.html)

It had better be Manuel! If anything could end this miserable season on a high note besides the play of Crede it would be to see Jerry get the AXE!

CubKilla
08-31-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND


It had better be Manuel! If anything could end this miserable season on a high note besides the play of Crede it would be to see Jerry get the AXE!

Or KW. Even better..... BOTH! Then JR sells the team to somebody that cares about acquiring quality players to build a contender instead of relying on an unproven pool of youth.

Jjav829
08-31-2002, 12:03 PM
REVOLVING CREDIT: General manager Ken Williams said he understands getting ripped on things like the deal that brought Todd Ritchie to the Sox, but he wouldn't mind getting some credit for other deals that appear to benefit the team.

While the Ritchie deal was admittedly higher profile, deals that brought over reliever Damaso Marte (3.25 ERA, seven saves) and infielder D'Angelo Jimenez (.333 in his first four games) have been overlooked.

''You wish people would talk about the good stuff,'' said Williams, who wasn't begging for credit, just answering a question on negative fan and media response to the job he has done.

''But the fact of the matter is, the things that have impacted us the most are some of the errors, so to speak, that have been made. Not to say that when it's all said and done, this won't turn out to be a positive. I think that Todd, once he's healthy, will certainly be part of the 2003 equation.''

Wait, he wants credit because Jimenez is hitting .333 in a lousy 4 games? HA! I'll give him credit that right now the Marte deal looks good, but time will tell.

Jjav829
08-31-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla


Or KW. Even better..... BOTH! Then JR sells the team to somebody that cares about acquiring quality players to build a contender instead of relying on an unproven pool of youth.

I had a dream last night, that is was announced that Reinsdorf was selling the team. Damn, too bad it was only a dream.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829


I had a dream last night, that is was announced that Reinsdorf was selling the team. Damn, too bad it was only a dream.

Thats the impossible dream. I think he and Dollar Bill Wirtz will b around forever to torture Chicago sports fans.