PDA

View Full Version : JM diagree's with JR

Chisox_cali
08-31-2002, 12:06 AM
Here are the snippets from the trib article

Before the Sox beat Detroit 4-3 at Comerica Park, manager Jerry Manuel disputed much of the criticism made by team Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf in his players-only meeting Wednesday. Minutes later, general manager Ken Williams defended Reinsdorf, suggesting the players deserved more abuse than they got.

"Jerry [Reinsdorf] and I have had discussions prior to his meetings with the players," Williams said. "All I will say is I'm very much in agreement with everything he said, and more. He probably went as far as he wanted to go. I could've probably gone further."

As for Reinsdorf's directive to turn spring training into "boot camp" and make the regulars work longer hours, Manuel said stars like Gary Sheffield and Devon White took it easy in spring training with Florida in 1997 but still led the Marlins to the World Series championship. Williams declined to discuss the issue.

"I would have preferred that [Reinsdorf's] meeting stayed in the clubhouse and we made our adjustments internally," Williams said. "I'm not going to sit here and give more life to this. What I envision is already starting to happen—people wondering and speculating on every single item that may be different.

"I can see it now. I show up at spring training and [reporters are] looking at every little thing and comparing notes of what's different. 'Last year the bus was parked on this corner down the street. Does that mean [Williams] wants them to walk more?'"

RedPinStripes
08-31-2002, 12:30 AM
Sounds like teh beginning of the end for JM. KW is such a lap dog. makes me sick.

MrX
08-31-2002, 01:50 AM
"Jerry [Reinsdorf] and I have had discussions prior to his meetings with the players," Williams said. "All I will say is I'm very much in agreement with everything he said, and more. He probably went as far as he wanted to go. I could've probably gone further."

I almost threw up all over my keyboard when I read that. I think the sad part about this whole thing is KW is so stupid he actually believes this garbage and absolves him self from all the blame of this mess. This team has been dead for most of the season, and considering he's to blame for most of this roster, if their is anyone who should keep their mouth shut about this season it's that moron. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

RedPinStripes
08-31-2002, 01:54 AM
What does that say for a GM and mgt. when the chairman closes the door on you and talks to the players? Someone thinks he's not doing the job?

:KW
"You tell em daddy!"

:reinsy
Little do you know i told them you were an idiot and you're headed back to scouting.

MrX
08-31-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
What does that say for a GM and mgt. when the chairman closes the door on you and talks to the players? Someone thinks he's not doing the job?

I don't think his talking to the players had anything to do with KW. I think this was more of a I'm yelling at you because your going on strike thing and he had to get his shots in then. As long as KW does what he's told, spout the company propaganda of it's the fans fault and keep the payroll down, his job is safe.

cheeses_h_rice
08-31-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Here are the snippets from the trib article

Yeah, I would have overturned a buffet table and called the entire team "motherf***ers" and "b***hes!"

PaleHoseGeorge
08-31-2002, 01:16 PM
It's pretty obvious Jerry Manuel is officially off the Sox reservation.

:hawk
"You know something Fiesty, Jerry just hasn't had a very good year."

:garypettis
"They don't listen to me when I tell them how to run bases."

:garyward
"Why blame me for all the runners left on base? I'm only the hitting coach."

"That's right guys. It's not your fault. The players aren't motivated."

:reinsy
"What we need is to kick everybody in the tail next spring!"

:jerry
"Help! I'm surrounded by idiots!"

:von
"I'm glad I'm not around anymore!"

:ohno
"Not many of us are left either."

RKMeibalane
09-01-2002, 10:56 AM
This isn't the least bit surprising. KW is such an ass-kisser. Good grief! He built this team, and now he's blaming the players for their poor performance. I know the team hasn't been playing well, but most of that is KW's fault. He was the one who accquired stiffs like Ritchie and Clayton. He was the also the one who forced Manuel to give The Choice playing time when he was struggling, which delayed the arrival of Joe Crede.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-01-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
This isn't the least bit surprising. KW is such an ass-kisser. Good grief! He built this team, and now he's blaming the players for their poor performance. I know the team hasn't been playing well, but most of that is KW's fault. He was the one who accquired stiffs like Ritchie and Clayton. He was the also the one who forced Manuel to give The Choice playing time when he was struggling, which delayed the arrival of Joe Crede.

Has anyone else been amused with KW crying to the media how nobody is giving him credit for acquiring Damaso Marte? LOL! This guy is priceless.

I suppose if he had traded away three serviceable pitchers for Damaso Marte, like he did for Todd Ritchie, that would make up for being a lousy GM in every other way?

Kenny Williams has been DEAD WRONG on every major player move he has attempted. He was even saved from himself by Selig in the shouldergate trade. Now he expects props for the minor deals that went right? Gimme a break!

If Reinsdorf lets this dope run his team another year, we Sox Fans are completely screwed.

RKMeibalane
09-02-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Has anyone else been amused with KW crying to the media how nobody is giving him credit for acquiring Damaso Marte? LOL! This guy is priceless.

You have got to be kidding me. Williams wants people to praise him for accquiring Marte. I suppose that was all part of his master-plan. Ritchie was just a throw-in. Right.

How much longer is this crap going to continue? JR needs to get his head out of his rear end and fire KW before this team is completely ruined. I will never understand why Reinsdorf hired Williams.

KW must not have been a good scout, because it's obvious that he is a poor evaluator of talent at both the Major and Minor-League levels. Every trade he's made has somehow come back to haunt the Sox. If Ken Williams worked for any other organization in the MLB, he would have been fired for the Todd Ritchie deal alone. No other owner would have put up with this.

Jerry Reinsdorf, get the HELL OUT!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
You have got to be kidding me. Williams wants people to praise him for accquiring Marte. I suppose that was all part of his master-plan. Ritchie was just a throw-in. Right.

He was whining to Farmer in the pre-game show last week, and he was whining in the newspapers, too. He honestly believes he isn't getting credit for "the good stuff" that has gone right.

What would that be? A team that dropped 12 games in the standings last year and another this year that stands to drop another five on top of that?

Holy ****! With thinking like that, is it any wonder Reinsdorf has accomplished 3 pathetic playoff wins in his entire 22 years owning the team? This is a bad joke.

RKMeibalane
09-02-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
He was whining to Farmer in the pre-game show last week, and he was whining in the newspapers, too. He honestly believes he isn't getting credit for "the good stuff" that has gone right.

What would that be? A team that dropped 12 games in the standings last year and another this year that stands to drop another five on top of that?

Holy ****! With thinking like that, is it any wonder Reinsdorf has accomplished 3 pathetic playoff wins in his entire 22 years owning the team? This is a bad joke.

This is pathetic. Reinsdorf probably blames the fans for this mess. He won't do anything to rectifty the situation until attendance improves. Never have I seen an owner less devoted to winning than Jerry Reinsdorf. The only person I can think of who comes close is George Shinn.