PDA

View Full Version : Now that the season will play out, why am I watching?

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2002, 12:06 AM
Here's why I will continue to watch White Sox baseball the rest of this year: to lock up a higher finish than the Cubs, and maybe get back above .500 before the end. That's it, but I'll hang in there for that.

Chisox_cali
08-31-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Here's why I will continue to watch White Sox baseball the rest of this year: to lock up a higher finish than the Cubs, and maybe get back above .500 before the end. That's it, but I'll hang in there for that.

What about the young guys? Your Harris' and Crede's and such

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
What about the young guys? Your Harris' and Crede's and such If they do well and the Sox lose, that does nothing for me. That's like being happy that Sammy hit a homer in a Cubs loss.

I'm glad they're getting some MLB experience, but I'm looking for something the interest me in the team.

Chisox_cali
08-31-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
If they do well and the Sox lose, that does nothing for me. That's like being happy that Sammy hit a homer in a Cubs loss.

I'm glad they're getting some MLB experience, but I'm looking for something the interest me in the team.

Well they are on the team ain't they? :)

I meant them as a part of this team, making the other guys play better and giving everyone a spark.

RedPinStripes
08-31-2002, 12:32 AM
I'm just glad there was baseball with no strike.

I am anxious to see the kids with the arrival of borchard and rauch too.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-31-2002, 06:48 AM
Watching the young guys play is about all the season is good for anymore. Still, this is garbage time. I don't think any of the stats count for much. They are simply gaining some experience. Welcome to pre-spring training.

Next April is all that really interests me. Sigh...

RedPinStripes
08-31-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Watching the young guys play is about all the season is good for anymore. Still, this is garbage time. I don't think any of the stats count for much. They are simply gaining some experience. Welcome to pre-spring training.

Next April is all that really interests me. Sigh...

And Manuel still won't have a set line up next year.

Jjav829
08-31-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

And Manuel still won't have a set line up next year.

I doubt hes going to have to worry about filling out a lineup card for the White Sox next year.

Tragg
08-31-2002, 11:13 PM
I've always enjoyed September baseball, no matter what the record. It's laid back and I use it to try to envision what the team will look like the next year (even though it's often foolsgold). August is a drag when the team does't content, but September marks the beginning of the next year to me.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-31-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I've always enjoyed September baseball, no matter what the record. It's laid back and I use it to try to envision what the team will look like the next year (even though it's often foolsgold). August is a drag when the team does't content, but September marks the beginning of the next year to me.

You've been a Sox Fan a long time, haven't you Tragg?

:)

Tragg
09-01-2002, 08:47 AM
LOL. 35 years George, since I was 10 years old, all of them in Louisiana where I could watch from afar and enjoy numerous years of September baseball. Hopefully 35 more.

RKMeibalane
09-01-2002, 11:00 AM
I can see it now. Manuel will continue making out lineup cards once the the season ends.

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*