PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6/19/16 Swept Yet Again Postgamer

thomas35forever
06-19-2016, 04:25 PM
We should just forfeit all our road divisional series for the rest of the season. It would certainly save us the humiliation of going out there and getting our teeth kicked in every game.

DaveIsHere
06-19-2016, 04:26 PM
Will Ventura finally be gone?

gobears1987
06-19-2016, 04:26 PM
**** this.

All of the *******s in the organization responsible for this **** have nothing to worry about.

This entire 3 game set sucked. In fact every series vs. non-Minnesota teams tends to suck.

thomas35forever
06-19-2016, 04:27 PM
No.

Hartman
06-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Man Uribe is swinging the ball well at his age. :rolleyes:

DaveIsHere
06-19-2016, 04:28 PM
No.

Then I will not go to anymore games this season nor watch them on TV. They need some type of change......:angry:

cards press box
06-19-2016, 04:28 PM

This was my first thought when the grounder got by Abreu.

There has to be a tipping point where the Sox finally make a change at manager.

Hitmen77
06-19-2016, 04:29 PM

Nope.

LITTLE NELL
06-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Now we have to face the Red Sox at Fenway, this team and season are toast.

Hartman
06-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Hopefully that 2 outfielder BS was symbolic of Robin's last ditch effort to save his job.

Frater Perdurabo
06-19-2016, 04:30 PM
I don't have a problem firing Ventura.

But would any manager be able to coax more hits - particularly extra base hits - from these hitters?

DrCrawdad
06-19-2016, 04:32 PM
More than runs is for fascists

JB98
06-19-2016, 04:32 PM
The White Sox are now a combined 0-9 in games at Kansas City, Cleveland and Detroit this year. That is not something that legitimate contenders do. Legitimate contenders also do not lose 26 out of 36 games. I do not believe this club has hit bottom yet. This losing streak will continue. We are looking at 1-6 or 0-7 on this road trip, IMO. Maybe Sale will win his game in Boston.

One player the Sox need to trade this year is David Robertson. He has value, but he's not what he used to be. His contract is not an albatross right now, but it will be in another year's time. You can see the stuff starting to slip a little bit. This trade deadline is the time to shop him. I doubt the Sox will recognize that, though. They have difficulty making an honest assessment of where they are.

EdHerman12
06-19-2016, 04:33 PM
It's a darned shame that fans who love this franchise have to be subjected to this garbage because of the Owner's undying loyalty to a former player...Not one more dime outta my pocket goes into the coffers until that happens....which means I'll probably have a lot of dough to spend on other things....:angry:

DaveIsHere
06-19-2016, 04:33 PM

But would any manager be able to coax more hits - particularly extra base hits - from these hitters?

You need to do something..... At least make it look like you are trying. We all know Venture is not the long term solution anyway...... this summer suckss and mybkids have finally taken an interest in the Sox and thy horrible....

SoxSpeed22
06-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Hard to win when the 5-9 hitters don't get a single hit.
At least Rodon looked decent. I am so disgusted with this team, I didn't bother getting a ticket to Fenway this week.

Jerko

Idk maybe maybe the 2 hitter would have gotten a hit in the first inning if he didn't have to bunt after a leadoff double. We'll never know.

Crooked Number
Rock bottom not yet reached, we are still near .500 at this point. Easy to see us at 7-10 under very soon and competing with the twins for the cellar.

Of course this wacky season could out of nowhere go the other way too and all the sudden win 7 of 10 & get right back in it. Does this team have another 23-10 run in them?

One can surmise that with RV at the helm that it won't. We don't have the lights out pen and over performing starters like we did in April. We also have had a complete disappearance of our once fun 7,8,9 late inning offense.

This is going to get worse I'm afraid. Also we cannot trust the current regime to handle a tear down rebuild or be sellers and get a decent return. We are in a very tough spot, with seemingly little to be hopeful for. Without front office changes we have no reason to suspect anything different.

white sox bill
I hope I'm not the only one in these parts willing to go on extended losing streak just to get some managerial changes. Step backwards to go forward.

I was following on ESPN website, saw the score tied in the 9th and already know the outcome. Doesnt take a fortune reader to predict this

Now on to Boston. Arggggghhhhh

JB98
06-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Idk maybe maybe the 2 hitter would have gotten a hit in the first inning if he didn't have to bunt after a leadoff double. We'll never know.

Yeah, they played for one run and got one run. And that lead was gone about 10 minutes later.

Stupid, nonaggressive play.

gobears1987
06-19-2016, 04:41 PM
Yeah, they played for one run and got one run. And that lead was gone about 10 minutes later.

Stupid, nonaggressive play.

Bunting in any situation other than 9th or extras in a tied game is inexcusable

DaveIsHere
06-19-2016, 04:42 PM
I hope I'm not the only one in these parts willing to go on extended losing streak just to get some managerial changes. Step backwards to go forward.

I was following on ESPN website, saw the score tied in the 9th and already know the outcome. Doesnt take a fortune reader to predict this

This historic nose dive should be enough, we shouldn't need even more losing......

JB98
06-19-2016, 04:42 PM

Yes, the White Sox never trailed in today's game until the final swing was made in the bottom of the 10th and the ball bounced past Abreu. But I was certain all afternoon of the outcome.

Confidence level in the team is at absolute zero. Confidence level in the manager and coaching staff is at absolute zero. Confidence level in the front office is at absolute zero.

Every single day, I get up believing the Sox are gonna lose. They wonder why they have no fans left. I'm a diehard, so I will go down with the ship. Others who don't love baseball as much as I do are moving on to other things. There's nothing to see here, unless you enjoy a good train wreck.

LITTLE NELL
06-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Yes, the White Sox never trailed in today's game until the final swing was made in the bottom of the 10th and the ball bounced past Abreu. But I was certain all afternoon of the outcome.

Confidence level in the team is at absolute zero. Confidence level in the manager and coaching staff is at absolute zero. Confidence level in the front office is at absolute zero.

Every single day, I get up believing the Sox are gonna lose. They wonder why they have no fans left. I'm a diehard, so I will go down with the ship. Others who don't love baseball as much as I do are moving on to other things. There's nothing to see here, unless you enjoy a good train wreck.

I'm a die hard also and will continue to watch every game the rest of the year suffering as I watch but hoping for some kind of silver lining in the dark clouds.

Lip Man 1
06-19-2016, 04:48 PM
One player the Sox need to trade this year is David Robertson. He has value, but he's not what he used to be. His contract is not an albatross right now, but it will be in another year's time. You can see the stuff starting to slip a little bit. This trade deadline is the time to shop him. I doubt the Sox will recognize that, though. They have difficulty making an honest assessment of where they are.

I think Robin leaving him in the game at Kansas City to get his brains beat out has ****ed him mentally. He's not the same pitcher since then, confidence is shot to hell.

I agree, an 0-7 road trip is entirely possible and should be the death knell for Robin and the season. It probably won't be for Robin though.

Lip

DaveIsHere
06-19-2016, 04:50 PM
I think Robin leaving him in the game at Kansas City to get his brains beat out has ****ed him mentally. He's not the same pitcher since then, confidence is shot to hell.

I agree, an 0-7 road trip is entirely possible and should be the death knell for Robin and the season. It probably won't be for Robin though.

Lip

We can't wait to suffer through the rest of the road trip without making a change, unless they are dedicated to throwing this season away.....

slavko
06-19-2016, 04:54 PM
Hopefully that 2 outfielder BS was symbolic of Robin's last ditch effort to save his job.

He might have read my comment in the WSI gamethread that Ausmus should have done it when we beat the Tigers on Eaton's ground ball up the middle. All the smart managers read WSI, don'tcha know?

Dan H
06-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Offense was nowhere today. Someone please tell Steve Stone that we or at least I don't care about his All-Star appearance in 1980. I know it is important to him, but he wasn't even with the Sox then. I am glad I had the TV muted because I didn't want to hear about this game or Hawk whining at the end of the frustrating loss.

Brian26
06-19-2016, 05:00 PM

You're joking? Tell me that didn't happen.

Spent the afternoon mowing the lawn, trimming bushes, playing baseball and soccer in the backyard, getting ready to eat some delicious ribs. No need to get upset over the fourth year in a row of this garbage.

gobears1987
06-19-2016, 05:01 PM
You're joking? Tell me that didn't happen.

Spent the afternoon mowing the lawn, trimming bushes, playing baseball and soccer in the backyard, getting ready to eat some delicious ribs. No need to get upset over the fourth year in a row of this garbage.
It happened, no shock Robin is clueless

WSox597
06-19-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm also a diehard Sox fan. If they're not playing, I'm not watching baseball. This is hard to watch, though.

Luckily for us, this game was on WGN, which is involved with a dispute with Dish Network. So even if we wanted to watch, we couldn't have.

I had to cut the grass anyway, and probably had a much better time doing that. How sad is that? :D:

You run out of things to say, or somebody else says something you were going to say. It's only a game, only a pastime of little actual importance in the grand scheme of things.

But it is annoying and embarrassing to watch the team you followed your whole life devolve into this clown act.

2005 seems like a lifetime ago.

Did they send up white smoke when Ventura got the job? Does he have a job for life like the Pope?

Brian26
06-19-2016, 05:05 PM
It happened, no shock Robin is clueless

That's unbelievable. Top of the first inning, leadoff double, and the 2nd batter of the game sac bunts him to 3rd? There are no words...

gobears1987
06-19-2016, 05:07 PM
That's unbelievable. Top of the first inning, leadoff double, and the 2nd batter of the game sac bunts him to 3rd? There are no words...

Even worse, Abreu doubled in the next AB so had Eaton been on, it would have scored 2.

white sox bill
06-19-2016, 05:10 PM

Lip

:reinsy "At least we didn't go 0-8!"

gobears1987
06-19-2016, 05:11 PM
:reinsy "At least we didn't go 0-8!"

:dollarbill: You have learned well

white sox bill
06-19-2016, 05:16 PM

"OK we're distant cousins, cant you tell"

kittle42
06-19-2016, 05:22 PM

Exactly.

Noneck
06-19-2016, 06:06 PM
One player the Sox need to trade this year is David Robertson. He has value, but he's not what he used to be. His contract is not an albatross right now, but it will be in another year's time.

As far as I can see, he is currently the highest paid closer in MLB. He has 2 1/2 more years on his contract. I think the Sox could only get slim pickens for him. (not the actor)

tstrike2000
06-19-2016, 06:06 PM
I fell asleep in the top of the 10th after only watching a few innings. Subconsciously, my body knew what was going to happen.

tstrike2000
06-19-2016, 06:09 PM
As far as I can see, he is currently the highest paid closer in MLB. He has 2 1/2 more years on his contract. I think the Sox could only get slim pickens for him. (not the actor)

Maybe they'd be better off trading for the actor, even though Pickens passed away in 1983.

JB98
06-19-2016, 06:11 PM

That's fine. I'm not worried about what players they get in return. I'm just saying it's time to move that contract. Trade him for salary relief.

Noneck
06-19-2016, 06:48 PM
That's fine. I'm not worried about what players they get in return. I'm just saying it's time to move that contract. Trade him for salary relief.

The more I think about it, 30mm may make it so he is not even dumpable.

JB98
06-19-2016, 06:54 PM
The more I think about it, 30mm may make it so he is not even dumpable.

He is still a useful reliever, still getting saves. They can unload him as long as that is the case. I'm just saying, a year from now he might no longer be useful. When that happens, the Sox will be stuck.

They need some foresight right now. Unfortunately, that is in short supply. They probably still foolishly believe they are a contender.

This weekend has separated the men from the boys in the division. Cleveland and KC showed they are contenders. Detroit and the Sox showed they are not.

Noneck
06-19-2016, 06:57 PM
He is still a useful reliever, still getting saves. They can unload him as long as that is the case. I'm just saying, a year from now he might no longer be useful. When that happens, the Sox will be stuck.

They need some foresight right now. Unfortunately, that is in short supply. They probably still foolishly believe they are a contender.

This weekend has separated the men from the boys in the division. Cleveland and KC showed they are contenders. Detroit and the Sox showed they are not.

Maybe after the trade deadline teams will get bold and snatch him off the wavier wire and the Sox just let him go. Hope so, sooner the better in my eyes if a suitor arrives.

KingXerxes
06-19-2016, 08:28 PM
IMO the cost of freight is too high for Robertson to get picked off the waiver wire. The best bet for the White Sox is to do what San Diego did with Shields, find a sucker, eat some of the salary and pick up a couple of prospects. The only problem with this scenario is that the White Sox may end up trading Robertson to themselves.

soxfanreggie
06-19-2016, 08:28 PM
Bunting in any situation other than 9th or extras in a tied game is inexcusable

I can see 1st and 2nd, no outs and a horrible 9-hitter or inter league game with a pitcher. However, we aren't a team right now where we can hold a 1-run lead.

Dick Allen
06-19-2016, 08:59 PM
With each passing day, I feel like this organization is continually flipping us the bird. I have been a die-hard fan since 1960, and I can honestly say that I've never been more embarrassed to be a Sox fan. I can no longer tolerate what has become of this franchise. As others have said on here, time to spend my free time on other endeavors.

Boondock Saint
06-19-2016, 09:14 PM
With each passing day, I feel like this organization is continually flipping us the bird. I have been a die-hard fan since 1960, and I can honestly say that I've never been more embarrassed to be a Sox fan. I can no longer tolerate what has become of this franchise. As others have said on here, time to spend my free time on other endeavors.

I don't know if it's flipping us the bird as much as it feels like they're doing math. As fans, we want wins and entertaining baseball, that's what we get out of fandom. I feel like the Sox are just working out "If we put X amount of dollars into a free agent and marketing him, we can keep x amount of fans in the stands, which will translate to x amount of dollars when factoring in merchandising and concessions". It doesn't feel like their priorities are at all aligned with what the fans actually want.

I don't know, I could be completely off on this one (and probably am), I just know it's not any fun to watch these guys, and am trying to figure out what the hell the problem is.

Railsplitter
06-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Disgusting.

guillensdisciple
06-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Alright, I know I say this all the freaking time, but this is serious at this point. What is going on? I am concerned and confused about the lack of action in this organization. I have had my fun complaining about Ventura, hitting, etc. Now, this is just borderline ridiculous. The fact that they are trotting this same management game after game is the equivalent of them laughing at our faces. They know the fans are not pleased. They know we want a change, but they are continuing to do the EXACT same thing.

We are fans. We are not baseball smart. I get it. I don't own or know how to manage a baseball team. However, I think we do deserve a little bit of respect for putting up with this. This is abysmal. You can't laugh at the people who live and die by the team. That's disloyalty. There are many people here who continue to follow the team even through the hardest moments. At this moment, you are taking away hope. At least there might be hope in difficult times. This franchise is at such a point that there is none.

That's not right. That's disloyal. That's not caring about the people you work for. The people you want to please. I don't think White Sox fans ask for that much. Hell, many of us would have been disappointed with a season that didn't have us in the playoffs after the start we had. Still, we would have cooled off and called it an improvement if we just played above average baseball.

We are horrid. At this point, we will be the same or worse off than prior years. Why? What's the damn excuse? Why carry this argument of "sox pride"? What pride? We are not the tough ragged under dogs that you made us out to be. Now, we are a dying breed left outside in the rain. There is no luster, there is no identity, there is no pride.

What I used to love about being a sox fan was the fact that we WERE a proud franchise and a proud fan base. I could talk to any Sox fan and we were assured that we were fans of a great franchise. Maybe we didn't have the titles, but we were damn proud to root for the Sox and to watch them play. I don't have that anymore. The fans at the stadium don't have that anymore. It is gone.

The entire point of being a sox fan- the entire reason for loving this incredible franchise is being destroyed by this kind of management. This lack of caring.

I don't dream of winning every world series every year. What I do dream of is coming home and being excited to watch a team that plays for ME. That plays for my city. That plays for my neighbors. That plays for the people that have pride. That plays for people that don't need the best but just want the freaking effort to be as great as they can be.

When I moved to America, I had a choice. I had the Cubs. All the glamour. All the fans. All the "pretty" people. I had the Sox. The bruisers. The Frank Thomas big shoulders ball club. A team that had something about it every damn day they stepped on the field. I chose the Sox. I chose the team that made me feel like they were fighting not just to win ball games, but also to make their fans proud. We had passion.

I know that was meatballish, but that has always been the White Sox to me. Every Cubs fan could try and dismantle my opinion of my team. They could compare attendance. Deep down, I always knew what we had. I always knew the greatness that was this organization.

I don't think that argument exists anymore.

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Alright, I know I say this all the freaking time, but this is serious at this point. What is going on? I am concerned and confused about the lack of action in this organization. I have had my fun complaining about Ventura, hitting, etc. Now, this is just borderline ridiculous. The fact that they are trotting this same management game after game is the equivalent of them laughing at our faces. They know the fans are not pleased. They know we want a change, but they are continuing to do the EXACT same thing.

We are fans. We are not baseball smart. I get it. I don't own or know how to manage a baseball team. However, I think we do deserve a little bit of respect for putting up with this. This is abysmal. You can't laugh at the people who live and die by the team. That's disloyalty. There are many people here who continue to follow the team even through the hardest moments. At this moment, you are taking away hope. At least there might be hope in difficult times. This franchise is at such a point that there is none.

That's not right. That's disloyal. That's not caring about the people you work for. The people you want to please. I don't think White Sox fans ask for that much. Hell, many of us would have been disappointed with a season that didn't have us in the playoffs after the start we had. Still, we would have cooled off and called it an improvement if we just played above average baseball.

We are horrid. At this point, we will be the same or worse off than prior years. Why? What's the damn excuse? Why carry this argument of "sox pride"? What pride? We are not the tough ragged under dogs that you made us out to be. Now, we are a dying breed left outside in the rain. There is no luster, there is no identity, there is no pride.

What I used to love about being a sox fan was the fact that we WERE a proud franchise and a proud fan base. I could talk to any Sox fan and we were assured that we were fans of a great franchise. Maybe we didn't have the titles, but we were damn proud to root for the Sox and to watch them play. I don't have that anymore. The fans at the stadium don't have that anymore. It is gone.

The entire point of being a sox fan- the entire reason for loving this incredible franchise is being destroyed by this kind of management. This lack of caring.

I don't dream of winning every world series every year. What I do dream of is coming home and being excited to watch a team that plays for ME. That plays for my city. That plays for my neighbors. That plays for the people that have pride. That plays for people that don't need the best but just want the freaking effort to be as great as they can be.

When I moved to America, I had a choice. I had the Cubs. All the glamour. All the fans. All the "pretty" people. I had the Sox. The bruisers. The Frank Thomas big shoulders ball club. A team that had something about it every damn day they stepped on the field. I chose the Sox. I chose the team that made me feel like they were fighting not just to win ball games, but also to make their fans proud. We had passion.

I know that was meatballish, but that has always been the White Sox to me. Every Cubs fan could try and dismantle my opinion of my team. They could compare attendance. Deep down, I always knew what we had. I always knew the greatness that was this organization.

Well said.

Noneck
06-20-2016, 10:01 AM

Maybe I talk to different people than you but Ive never heard that the Sox were a great franchise for many many years.

guillensdisciple
06-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Maybe I talk to different people than you but Ive never heard that the Sox were a great franchise for many many years.

I moved here in 1996. Until about 2014, I have always been extremely proud of watching this franchise. Like I said, we are not the greatest baseball franchise, but I always felt that we did stand up to the "Pride and Passion" slogan that our marketing team advertised. My point is that we don't anymore.

BigKlu59
06-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Great post... I feel everything you said. Old timer here who has suffered and celebrated this team since I could swing a bat and throw and catch a ball.

Watched them go through some hellacious times, but still they competed and lost by a couple so the faith in them was still there.

This season I don't know where this black cloud came from of total ineptitude. When they lose, they lose in an ugly pathetic way. I've never seen them get blown out on such a consistent manner.

I don't know why the bottom fell out. Same guys that ran off a fantastic April.

Hopefully they've hit the wall and can rebound from this tailspin. All I ask at this point is they are competitive and hopefully some of the bounces and freak plays will go their way for a change. I don't expect them to tear it up on the road. What I do expect is a quality effort at home for those who show up to support them thru this crazy ass season.

BK59

Noneck
06-20-2016, 10:09 AM
I moved here in 1996. Until about 2014, I have always been extremely proud of watching this franchise. Like I said, we are not the greatest baseball franchise, but I always felt that we did stand up to the "Pride and Passion" slogan that our marketing team advertised. My point is that we don't anymore.

I dont pay much attention to the marketing gimmicks but if the Pride and Passion applies to the fans I will agree, to some of the players, I can agree to that also but beyond that I cant agree at all.

guillensdisciple
06-20-2016, 10:13 AM
I dont pay much attention to the marketing gimmicks but if the Pride and Passion applies to the fans I will agree, to some of the players, I can agree to that also but beyond that I cant agree at all.

That's basically what I meant. Apologies if it wasn't clear in writing. I think we, as fans, had pride in this ball club. The past few years have stripped that away from us.

I am not asking for this team to set the world on fire and win 10 titles. That would be nice. At the very least, I am asking to restore the pride I had in being a White Sox fan.

Noneck
06-20-2016, 10:17 AM
That's basically what I meant. Apologies if it wasn't clear in writing. I think we, as fans, had pride in this ball club. The past few years have stripped that away from us.

I am not asking for this team to set the world on fire and win 10 titles. That would be nice. At the very least, I am asking to restore the pride I had in being a White Sox fan.

You are a young man, just stay the course, it will happen again.

EdHerman12
06-20-2016, 10:26 AM
I think they need to can those Chance the Rapper step......up commercials...it's all a bunch of malarkey especially with this ownership and management team anyway...:angry:

smac38
06-20-2016, 11:37 AM
Didn't watch a single minute of this ****show team this weekend. It was a nice weekend.

DeadMoney
06-20-2016, 12:33 PM
Didn't watch a single minute of this ****show team this weekend. It was a nice weekend.

You and me both. I even won some money betting against them on Saturday (I must admit - I've had a good month even with just occasionally gambling against them). :bandance:

SI1020
06-20-2016, 01:43 PM

I don't think that argument exists anymore. I can't buy you one but have a nice cold one for me.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2016, 04:11 PM

Bravo! VERY well said.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
06-21-2016, 02:16 AM
You and me both. I even won some money betting against them on Saturday (I must admit - I've had a good month even with just occasionally gambling against them). :bandance:I could NEVER bet against the Sox. Never. I'm horrified by the thought of it.

kittle42
06-21-2016, 11:30 AM
I could NEVER bet against the Sox. Never. I'm horrified by the thought of it.

I look at it as a win/win - lessens the suffering of a loss if I get a few bucks!

SI1020
06-21-2016, 12:51 PM
I could never root against them. Even in the hopes of getting that coveted high draft choice. I want the Sox to win every game they play. Even most gamblers I have known tend to bet on their favorite teams, regardless of the odds.

Nellie_Fox
06-22-2016, 02:01 AM
I look at it as a win/win - lessens the suffering of a loss if I get a few bucks!I'd feel tremendously disloyal if were to bet against the Sox, and I certainly don't want to benefit from it.

kittle42
06-22-2016, 10:49 AM
I'd feel tremendously disloyal if were to bet against the Sox, and I certainly don't want to benefit from it.

I definitely can see that, but I bet small amounts mostly just for fun. I tend not to bet against my own teams (Sox/Northwestern/Hawks) unless the odds look very good.

I will say I could never bet against my team for any significant amount.

DeadMoney
06-22-2016, 11:28 AM
I definitely can see that, but I bet small amounts mostly just for fun. I tend not to bet against my own teams (Sox/Northwestern/Hawks) unless the odds look very good.

I will say I could never bet against my team for any significant amount.

I'm the same way (just a few different teams) and I also look at it like a win/win - especially when the team is playing as poorly as they are.

kittle42
06-22-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm the same way (just a few different teams) and I also look at it like a win/win - especially when the team is playing as poorly as they are.

For the record, I just put my usual one unit bet on the White Sox at +116 tonight.

Hitmen77
06-22-2016, 05:33 PM

Post of the Week.