PDA

View Full Version : Borchard?


rmusacch
08-30-2002, 12:21 PM
I assume this means that we will now see LTP up in Chicago in short order. If not today, by Sunday.

duke of dorwood
08-30-2002, 12:26 PM
:LTP

Here I come

:jerry

I gotta find out if Valentin can play center first

Jerry_Manuel
08-30-2002, 12:43 PM
I hope they don't bring him up here now.

I'll be excitied to happy to see him play, but I'm not expecting anything good from him.

Iwritecode
08-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I hope they don't bring him up here now.

I'll be excitied to happy to see him play, but I'm not expecting anything good from him.

Don't the minor league season's end in the next few days anyway? What else is he going to do? He's going to have to face major league pitching sooner or later. Might as well do it now and see what he can do.

Jerry_Manuel
08-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Don't the minor league season's end in the next few days anyway? What else is he going to do? He's going to have to face major league pitching sooner or later. Might as well do it now and see what he can do.

I understand that.

People are going to get all pumped up to see him, just like Rauch and he'll be bad.

Iwritecode
08-30-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I understand that.

People are going to get all pumped up to see him, just like Rauch and he'll be bad.

Yea, everyone will just have to understand that he is going to have to take his lumps. Same thing happened/is still happening with Rauch, Garland, Wells, Harris, Crede...

Although Crede isn't doing real bad.

Iguana775
08-30-2002, 01:11 PM
speaking of Big Jon Rauch, think we will see him up here??

RedPinStripes
08-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
speaking of Big Jon Rauch, think we will see him up here??

i think he's on teh list to come up before Borchard.

Iguana775
08-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


i think he's on teh list to come up before Borchard.

hopefully, they boot butter. he sux.

LongDistanceFan
08-30-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775


hopefully, they boot butter. he sux.

and good-bye to royce.

hold2dibber
08-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
speaking of Big Jon Rauch, think we will see him up here??

With Rauch coming off of surgery, I might just give him the rest of the year off to rest and regain that arm strength (depending, I suppose, on the number of innings he's pitched so far this year).

rmusacch
08-30-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775


hopefully, they boot butter. he sux.

Well the rosters expand to 40 on Sunday. We probably would have seen Borchard up here sooner if not for the possibility of the strike and we do have three slots open on the 40 man.

RKMeibalane
08-30-2002, 05:00 PM
I'd love to see Borchard called up. The Sox have nothing to play for this season, so they might as well try to make things interesting by allowing more of the younger players to get some experience. The only negative aspect of this scenario is that Jerry Manuel has one more player to use when he "tinkers" with the lineup.

:jerry

"I wonder where Borchard will hit. Hmmm... Tonight, he will bat seventh. Tomorrow, he'll lead off. Next week, I won't start him, but I will use him as a defensive replacement."

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*