PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6/15/16 Tim Anderson is a Beast Postgamer

gobears1987
06-15-2016, 10:25 PM
3/4 so far tonight. I'm loving him in the lead-off spot. This is only game 6 of his career, but we may have our first successful drafted and developed position player since Crash.

wxkid23
06-15-2016, 10:53 PM
A bit fast. He's not a leadoff hitter for one

XplodingScorbord
06-15-2016, 10:59 PM
Tim Anderson looked good. Sale was Sale, except for that third inning. Sox take the series. All is right with the world.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2016, 11:03 PM
A bit fast. He's not a leadoff hitter for one

Very small sample size, of course, but if he keeps hitting like this he can keep leading off.

tstrike2000
06-15-2016, 11:05 PM
When the top of the order gets on base, good things happen.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2016, 11:07 PM
If we could just get Abreu hitting for more power and Frazier getting more hits, period, this lineup could be acceptable.

Mohoney
06-15-2016, 11:07 PM
I didn't think the solution to the #2 spot in the order would be a new leadoff man, but riding this lineup configuration until Anderson goes cold looks like the best possible idea.

Get one more legitimate power hitter, and the broken lineup looks completely revamped.

BigKlu59
06-15-2016, 11:08 PM
:bandance::bandance: won a series :bandance::bandance: yaaaaaaaaaay!!!

BK59

Crooked Number
06-15-2016, 11:10 PM
Positives (refreshing to post about positives)

Anderson is looking like the highly touted prospect who will produce right out of the gate. He has certainly done that so far. I really hope he continues to flourish. The Sox have waited so, so...SO long for a prospect to do well it almost seems surreal.

Anderson and Eaton is a really nice combo off the top. Exciting to watch them in tandem.

Sale has been hit hard his last 4 starts, but he continues to grind out wins and has become a pitcher more than relying on his heat to blow people away.

Bullpen has really bounced back nicely since the lost weekend in KC.

That's it. Keeping it positive :cool:

voodoochile
06-15-2016, 11:11 PM
When the top of the order gets on base, good things happen.

If Anderson can reliably lead off the new top of the lineup could really work. Good LR balance and protection.

Railsplitter
06-15-2016, 11:11 PM
Series win vs Kitties!
:bandance:

Mohoney
06-15-2016, 11:14 PM
Garfein brought up a good point about the first 4 Sox RBI all coming on outs. Fundamental baseball, for crying out loud!

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2016, 11:15 PM
I didn't think the solution to the #2 spot in the order would be a new leadoff man, but riding this lineup configuration until Anderson goes cold looks like the best possible idea.

Get one more legitimate power hitter, and the broken lineup looks completely revamped.

Long term, if Anderson develops into the type of hitter suggested by his minor league results, he might be a good #2 hitter to hit behind Eaton. Specifically, Eaton is not a huge base stealer, so patience in the #2 hole isn't super important. But some Eaton's OBP ahead of Anderson's propensity to put the ball in play would score runs and/or get RISP for the heart of our order.

It would be great to have a LH power hitting outfielder - who could DH - to hit between Abreu and Frazier, with Melky then hitting 6th. Once Jackson returns to health, this is a decent lineup:

Eaton
Anderson
Abreu
LH hitter OF/DH
Frazier
Melky
Lawrie
Avila/Navarro
Jackson

Mohoney
06-15-2016, 11:17 PM
If Anderson can reliably lead off the new top of the lineup could really work. Good LR balance and protection.

And the possibility of creating some extra runs with a really dynamic baserunner leading off.

Mohoney
06-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Long term, if Anderson develops into the type of hitter suggested by his minor league results, he might be a good #2 hitter to hit behind Eaton. Specifically, Eaton is not a huge base stealer, so patience in the #2 hole isn't super important. But some Eaton's OBP ahead of Anderson's propensity to put the ball in play would score runs and/or get RISP for the heart of our order.

It would be great to have a LH power hitting outfielder - who could DH - to hit between Abreu and Frazier, with Melky then hitting 6th. Once Jackson returns to health, this is a decent lineup:

Eaton
Anderson
Abreu
LH hitter OF/DH
Frazier
Melky
Lawrie
Avila/Navarro
Jackson

The nice thing about Anderson leading off and Eaton hitting #2 is Eaton would have the huge hole between 1st and 2nd when Anderson is on 1st.

Lip Man 1
06-15-2016, 11:50 PM
A win is a win.

Anderson was impressive tonight hasn't looked overmatched yet in the short time he's been up.

And now for the weird stat of the night. Can't recall seeing this from the Sox before:

Went 23-10 in their first 33 games.
Went 10-23 in their next 33 games.

Lip

soxnut67
06-16-2016, 01:07 AM
Has anyone really paid attention to Anderson's swing? See those quick hands? Beautiful! Good hitter long time.......:smile:

JB98
06-16-2016, 03:07 AM
Has anyone really paid attention to Anderson's swing? See those quick hands? Beautiful! Good hitter long time.......:smile:

He can hit a fastball. He's got bat speed. That's a good place to start for any hitter.

The Sox didn't get any hits with RISP tonight, but they hit a couple sacrifice flies and picked up the easy RBIs with a man at third and less than two out. Just doing that more consistently would improve the offensive production.

guillensdisciple
06-16-2016, 06:00 AM
A win is a win.

Anderson was impressive tonight hasn't looked overmatched yet in the short time he's been up.

And now for the weird stat of the night. Can't recall seeing this from the Sox before:

Lip

Brand new start?

I swear I wouldn't care this much if we weren't 2.5 freaking games back in a horrid division.

LITTLE NELL
06-16-2016, 06:19 AM
The nice thing about Anderson leading off and Eaton hitting #2 is Eaton would have the huge hole between 1st and 2nd when Anderson is on 1st.

Thats why Aparicio and Fox were so good, Nellie could put the ball in play anywhere, one of the best hit and run combo's also.

BTW, I bought the MLB TV single team package last night with the Fathers Day special, only 39.99 for the rest of the year. Like to think I brought them good luck. First time Ive really listened to Benneti, he's got a great announcer voice and calls a very good game but he and Stone have to get away from the silly stuff. they do seem to get along much better than when Hawk teams up with Stone.

spongyfungy
06-16-2016, 07:21 AM
A win is a win.

Lip

Another weird stat last week : when they were 30-30, they were 14-14 at home and 16-16 on the road with a run differential of 0, scoring 241 while giving up 241.

Now they are .500 17-17 at home and 16-16 on the road with a run differential of -3 so we have a few runs to make up. :D:

As for the game, Shuck's laser throw to home to nail McCann (http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/video/v818797783/detcws-shuck-throws-out-mccann-with-laser-throw/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU) proves Avi should not play outfield

Eaton in the 2 hole is where he is most comfortable and it is showing in his hitting.

white sox bill
06-16-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm liking Anderson, could it be possible we could actually develop a stud for a position player? Then again....

WSox597
06-16-2016, 08:49 AM
A series win against a central division opponent is always good to see.
Anderson is playing very well, I like seeing that. Looks like he may stick in "the show". Very good. He doesn't look overmatched at bat, and looks pretty good in the field. Good speed, too.

Sale now 11-2, not too shabby. Abreu seems to have found himself, at least for average and RBIs.

Great play by J.B. Shuck throwing that runner out at home. You don't see that too often. He might be better than some have thought. At least a 4th outfielder for the future.

No doubt about this division being there for the taking. Sox are in 3rd place but only 2.5 games out. If they figure it out, there is no reason they can't win the division.

Hitmen77
06-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Brand new start?

I swear I wouldn't care this much if we weren't 2.5 freaking games back in a horrid division.

On the other hand, they've played putrid baseball for the last month (.313) winning pct and they're still only 2.5 games back. It really annoys me that they blew that 6 game lead, but at least they still are within striking distance of first.

Thats why Aparicio and Fox were so good, Nellie could put the ball in play anywhere, one of the best hit and run combo's also.

BTW, I bought the MLB TV single team package last night with the Fathers Day special, only 39.99 for the rest of the year. Like to think I brought them good luck. First time Ive really listened to Benneti, he's got a great announcer voice and calls a very good game but he and Stone have to get away from the silly stuff. they do seem to get along much better than when Hawk teams up with Stone.

FYI for others out there, the MLB.TV premium package, which covers all out-of-market games is on sale for only another $10 more (49.99).

Dan H
06-16-2016, 10:06 AM
I'm liking Anderson, could it be possible we could actually develop a stud for a position player? Then again....

One thing Anderson has proven is that he deserves a real shot. He will have his rough times, but now that he is in the lineup, he should stay in the lineup. At least for now, he gives this team a shot in the arm. The Sox need it. He actually makes them look alive.

beasly213
06-16-2016, 10:10 AM
Big series this weekend vs. the Toons. Let's sweep them!

fungo bat
06-16-2016, 10:43 AM
Nice to finally win a series, especially against a division opponent. Only 2 1/2 games back with a lot of baseball left.

Anderson has very quick hands and a live bat. You can't teach these things. So far he looks the part of a complete major league ballplayer.

Wahoos up next. This looks like it could be a four-team dogfight right into September. No team looks good enough to pull away from the pack.

Frater Perdurabo
06-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Nice to finally win a series, especially against a division opponent. Only 2 1/2 games back with a lot of baseball left.

Anderson has very quick hands and a live bat. You can't teach these things. So far he looks the part of a complete major league ballplayer.

Wahoos up next. This looks like it could be a four-team dogfight right into September. No team looks good enough to pull away from the pack.

This is where an OF/DH who can hit, and a reliever, could make a tremendous amount of difference in the pennant race.

Harry Chappas
06-16-2016, 11:08 AM
I knew Anderson was fast but he's a blur. That puts a huge amount of pressure on the defense as any chopper or slow roller is probably a hit and even routine grounders become close plays. If he gets on, suddenly the pitcher, middle infield, and catcher are all keeping an eye on him which will greatly benefit Eaton.

Now if they could somehow fill the void that Jackson has left and upgrade DH, I think this is a team that could at least make things interesting. But a team featuring Shuck and Avi in the starting lineup is probably not going anywhere. And the back of the rotation is scary too so another SP is necessary.

Rocky Soprano
06-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Brand new start?

Being in a horrid division is what makes this free fall so frustrating. The Sox could easily be 10+ games up.

Frater Perdurabo
06-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Being in a horrid division is what makes this free fall so frustrating. The Sox could easily be 10+ games up.

It's hurts double that so many of our losses since the Texas trip have been to division rivals.

kittle42
06-16-2016, 11:55 AM

But building a team barely competent enough to compete in a horrid division is exactly this organization's master plan over the past 5+ years.

"The Tigers just put themselves in a better position to compete with us," after all.

WhiteSox5187
06-16-2016, 01:39 PM
But building a team barely competent enough to compete in a horrid division is exactly this organization's master plan over the past 5+ years.

"The Tigers just put themselves in a better position to compete with us," after all.

I don't know why, but my brother and I were talking about that trade and how the White Sox almost got Cabrera, but apparently Kenny wasn't willing to part with Josh Fields, which was the breaking point. If that was the case, it was not one of Kenny's finer moments.

JB98
06-16-2016, 01:46 PM
It's hurts double that so many of our losses since the Texas trip have been to division rivals.

No kidding. Protect a four-run lead in the seventh and a six-run lead in the ninth in Kansas City and the Sox would be ahead of the Royals in the standings right now.

Those are two-game swings.

SI1020
06-16-2016, 02:06 PM

BTW, I bought the MLB TV single team package last night with the Fathers Day special, only 39.99 for the rest of the year. Like to think I brought them good luck. First time Ive really listened to Benneti, he's got a great announcer voice and calls a very good game but he and Stone have to get away from the silly stuff. they do seem to get along much better than when Hawk teams up with Stone. I'm glad he and Stone get along so well but I often find the campy humor unlistenable and I'm one guy who really loves to laugh at just about anything. Including and especially myself.

Lip Man 1
06-16-2016, 02:09 PM
I don't know why, but my brother and I were talking about that trade and how the White Sox almost got Cabrera, but apparently Kenny wasn't willing to part with Josh Fields, which was the breaking point. If that was the case, it was not one of Kenny's finer moments.

I may be wrong but I thought the reason the trade went nowhere was because the Sox were not willing to take on Dontrell Willis' contract as the Marlins were insisting on dumping him.

Lip

fungo bat
06-16-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm glad he and Stone get along so well but I often find the campy humor unlistenable and I'm one guy who really loves to laugh at just about anything. Including and especially myself.

Their is obviously good chemistry between the two, much better than the ruffled relationship between Stone and Hawk. However, the off-beat humor and sophomoric comments can be a little annoying, IMO.

Foulke You
06-16-2016, 03:27 PM
I may be wrong but I thought the reason the trade went nowhere was because the Sox were not willing to take on Dontrell Willis' contract as the Marlins were insisting on dumping him.

Lip
You are correct. It had nothing to do with prospects but rather the Sox didn't want to take on Dontrelle's contract. They only wanted Cabrera. Apparently, there was a lot of advanced dialogue between the teams but once the Marlins insisted on including Willis in the package, the Sox bowed out. Willis was indeed finished as a productive pitcher as Kenny correctly predicted. That entire contract was dead money. However, the price of that dead money could have yielded Miggy.

WhiteSox5187
06-16-2016, 04:06 PM
You are correct. It had nothing to do with prospects but rather the Sox didn't want to take on Dontrelle's contract. They only wanted Cabrera. Apparently, there was a lot of advanced dialogue between the teams but once the Marlins insisted on including Willis in the package, the Sox bowed out. Willis was indeed finished as a productive pitcher as Kenny correctly predicted. That entire contract was dead money. However, the price of that dead money could have yielded Miggy.

You're right.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/12/tigers-getting.html

I could have sworn my brother quoted some national writer though who said that Fields was the piece the Sox didn't want to give up. Oh well.

slavko
06-16-2016, 04:27 PM
A series win against a central division opponent is always good to see.
Anderson is playing very well, I like seeing that. Looks like he may stick in "the show". Very good. He doesn't look overmatched at bat, and looks pretty good in the field. Good speed, too.

Sale now 11-2, not too shabby. Abreu seems to have found himself, at least for average and RBIs.

Great play by J.B. Shuck throwing that runner out at home. You don't see that too often. He might be better than some have thought. At least a 4th outfielder for the future.

No doubt about this division being there for the taking. Sox are in 3rd place but only 2.5 games out. If they figure it out, there is no reason they can't win the division.

Navarro's Size 13 planted in front of home plate had a lot to do with the runner missing the plate with his lead foot.