PDA

View Full Version : Another Nardi Failure

Paulwny
08-30-2002, 10:07 AM
{We (Foulke and former pitching coach Nardi Contreras) tried to make adjustments, and they probably hurt me more than they helped," Foulke said. "Right before the All-Star break, I went back to the arm slot I used to throw from and shortened things back up in my delivery. I went back to what I used to do."}

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/301sd3.htm

cheeses_h_rice
08-30-2002, 10:08 AM
:nardi

I'm not a pitching coach, really....but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

kermittheefrog
08-30-2002, 10:40 AM
Are there still plans for Foulke to make some starts in September?

RedPinStripes
08-30-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Are there still plans for Foulke to make some starts in September?

:jerry
September is the time to tinker baby!

SI1020
08-30-2002, 11:53 AM
Closers get in slumps. In recent years I've seen guys like Trevor Hoffman, Billy Wagner and even the great Mariano Rivera go through bad times. I'd hate to see the Sox give up on Foulke because I think he can be effective again. He also seems to more of the type that needs kid glove treatment rather than the guy that needs the proverbial kick in the pants. I was going to say kick in the --- but didn't know if it would be censored out. Of course here is one more shining example of the genius that was Nardi. Our players just have to overcome everything. Bad management, scouting, managing and coaching, except for Nossek and hopefully Cooper too.

duke of dorwood
08-30-2002, 12:03 PM

If you are going to be bad, might as well be the worst

Iguana775
08-30-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I'm not a pitching coach, really....but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

LMAO

RKMeibalane
08-30-2002, 04:56 PM

"You're right. I did fail. Keith Foulke never suffered a serious arm injury."

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-30-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

POST OF THE WEEK!

*****!!!!!

Iguana775
08-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

POST OF THE WEEK!

*****!!!!!

second that!!

sox_fan_forever
08-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

second that!!

I third that! LOL!

:)

WhiteSox = Life
08-31-2002, 04:17 AM
Just a quick question, but does POTW really matter? Last time I checked the Post of the Week it was Kilroy (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/PostoftheWeek.htm) talking about "juvenile dick jokes."

So is the POTW recorded, or is it just mentioned and that person forever lives in infamy? Not unlike receiving a No-Prize... Some will get it, some won't. :smile:

And, is there any chance that PHG will bring the feature back? Just wondering, because I've come close once or twice, I believe, and wouldn't mind reaching the summit of WSI Boards Posting by accepting such a tremendous honor.

Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

POST OF THE WEEK!

BTW, I agree.