PDA

View Full Version : State Of Baseball, In A Picture

VeeckAsInWreck
08-30-2002, 01:30 AM
Don't bother to make your pick to click, because there will be no game!

Owners and MLBPA, prove me wrong! please!

:kermit

Kermit=Baseball
Helpless stuffed animal=fans

:(: I truly am sad with what has been done to my favorite sport

WinningUgly!
08-30-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck

:(: I truly am sad with what has been done to my favorite sport

Just think how Twinkie fans feel...watching a great season get pissed away & their team might not exist next year.

nut_stock
08-30-2002, 02:18 AM
or just think back to '94 and how heartbreaking that was to Sox fans.

RedPinStripes
08-30-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Just think how Twinkie fans feel...watching a great season get pissed away & their team might not exist next year.

I'd be more pissed off as an Angels fan. I think the last time they even went to the playoffs was around 84, now they're getting screwd.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-30-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

I saw Danny Hocking getting interviewed on the field after yesterday's Twins game. He was pouting over how disappointing it was for there to be a strike, to miss the playoffs, and how they [the Twins] had picked the wrong year to put it all together... and I just laughed my ass off.

The Twins aren't even close to having the best record in the league, as the Sox did in '94. As horse**** as Carl Pohlad is, he hasn't been the ringleader for hardline owners to shut down the game Reinsdorf was back in '94, and still is.

And finally, unlike the Sox in 1994, Twins fans HAVE NOT supported their team the previous seasons--unless you want to count ten years back to the early-90's when they won a world championship. The Sox pulled the rug right out from under their fans, and as a result have never recovered since then. The very survival of the franchise probably depends on booting that spiteful hateful jerk Reinsdorf from the chairman's seat.

Boo hoo for the Minnesota Twins and their fans.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-30-2002, 10:40 PM
I was proven wrong and I couldn't be happier! :)

guillen4life13
08-31-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I saw Danny Hocking getting interviewed on the field after yesterday's Twins game. He was pouting over how disappointing it was for there to be a strike, to miss the playoffs, and how they [the Twins] had picked the wrong year to put it all together... and I just laughed my ass off.

The Twins aren't even close to having the best record in the league, as the Sox did in '94. As horse**** as Carl Pohlad is, he hasn't been the ringleader for hardline owners to shut down the game Reinsdorf was back in '94, and still is.

And finally, unlike the Sox in 1994, Twins fans HAVE NOT supported their team the previous seasons--unless you want to count ten years back to the early-90's when they won a world championship. The Sox pulled the rug right out from under their fans, and as a result have never recovered since then. The very survival of the franchise probably depends on booting that spiteful hateful jerk Reinsdorf from the chairman's seat.

Boo hoo for the Minnesota Twins and their fans.

my brother told me that the yankees had a better record than the sox by the time of the strike, but everyone agreed that the sox were gonna make it to the series, and probably win it.