PDA

View Full Version : Angels' fans are idiots.

MarkEdward
08-30-2002, 12:57 AM
That is all.

Chisox_cali
08-30-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
That is all.

I agree for other reasons, but did I miss something else?

VeeckAsInWreck
08-30-2002, 01:22 AM
Is it because of the rally monkey? :?:

Chisox_cali
08-30-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Is it because of the rally monkey? :?:

I also hate the rally monkey :angry:

CubKilla
08-30-2002, 01:32 AM
I'll take the Rally Monkey over Ronnie "Woo-Woo" Wickers anyday though :D:

kermittheefrog
08-30-2002, 01:44 AM
Towards the end of what was the last game before the strike was set to begin they constantly threw foul balls and back into the field and everytime someone did that there were big cheers. Someone also threw a roll of toleit paper onto the field at Ben Grieve. I turned the game off becase it was so ignorant.

WinningUgly!
08-30-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla

You'd get a more intelligent conversation out of the monkey, not to mention better hygiene.

chisoxfanatic
08-30-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

You'd get a more intelligent conversation out of the monkey, not to mention better hygiene.
I think this could be said about all California sports fans!

Heather the Redbird

RedPinStripes
08-30-2002, 02:47 AM
They've got a right to be pissed and i don't blame them. No matter what side people think is right, the Angels are in a race for the playoffs and their million-air players that they support and pay salaries to are going on strike. I 'm all for it. Call them *******s or anything you want. They've got a right to be pissed and i hope MLB sees how much this strike will kill the game.

Chisox_cali
08-30-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

I think this could be said about all California sports fans!

Heather the Redbird

Um Hello?!?!?!

RedPinStripes
08-30-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Um Hello?!?!?!

How ya dowin? :)

WhiteSox = Life
08-30-2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
They've got a right to be pissed and i don't blame them. No matter what side people think is right, the Angels are in a race for the playoffs and their million-air players that they support and pay salaries to are going on strike. I 'm all for it. Call them *******s or anything you want. They've got a right to be pissed and i hope MLB sees how much this strike will kill the game.

I agree that any fan has the right to be upset that their team might not play any more baseball, especially those in playoff contention.

But throwing garbage onto the field and at players is just pointless. Doing so isn't going to affect anything involving the possibilities of a strike.

They want to vent their rage and frustration? Don't go to the damn game and then you don't have to spend 3 dollars or more to buy an item to throw at a player. Or go online and exhibit your anger in a post or article, or send something to your local newspaper.

Throwing debris onto the field is plain stupid because it won't change a single thing. Then again, neither will writing an article or posting to a thread. :(:

Expressing emotions about Major League Baseball or your favorite team has just become an exercise in futility...

DVG
08-30-2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla

:woo-woo

Monkey, WOO! Rally, WOO!! Angels, WOO!!! Autry, WOO!!! Spurs,
WOO!!! Jingle, WOO!!! Rudolph, WOO!!! Red nose, WOO!!!!
Shiny, WOO!!! Foggy, WOO!!! History, WOO WOO WOO WOO
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedPinStripes
08-30-2002, 07:40 AM
The funnies thing i saw was people throwing dollar biils on the dug outs. lol

PaleHoseGeorge
08-30-2002, 08:36 AM

Back at Old Comiskey in the late 70's, Sox Fans were throwing spare change at free agent Reggie Jackson. He had just signed a fat contract with the Yankees.

At the end of the game, Reggie went back out to right field and started picking the coins out of the grass. When asked why he did it, he said some of those Sox Fans were throwing quarters. Harry Caray thought it was great!

In my book, showmanship counts. :smile:

RedPinStripes
08-30-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Back at Old Comiskey in the late 70's, Sox Fans were throwing spare change at free agent Reggie Jackson. He had just signed a fat contract with the Yankees.

At the end of the game, Reggie went back out to right field and started picking the coins out of the grass. When asked why he did it, he said some of those Sox Fans were throwing quarters. Harry Caray thought it was great!

In my book, showmanship counts. :smile:

LOL! They did the same to Knoblock in minny when the yanks put him LF. from what i remember, they had to stop the game because they were pelting him with quarters.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-30-2002, 10:56 PM

That was soooooooo funny! When I saw that I laughed for 5 minutes straight.

MisterB
08-30-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Expressing emotions about Major League Baseball or your favorite team has just become an exercise in futility...

Yes, but we Sox fans like to keep those futility muscles well toned... :D:

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2002, 01:03 AM
Actually, I liked the message the Angels' fans were sending by throwing back every ball hit into the stands. And (call me crazy) I believe that the extremely negative message the fans were sending did have some influence on avoiding the strike.

RedPinStripes
08-31-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Actually, I liked the message the Angels' fans were sending by throwing back every ball hit into the stands. And (call me crazy) I believe that the extremely negative message the fans were sending did have some influence on avoiding the strike.

Thank you. At least i have some back up on this. :gulp:

MarkEdward
08-31-2002, 02:04 AM

You can voice your opinion by booing at the players, or even chanting "No Strike!" But I draw the line at hurling deadly objects through the playing field.

RedPinStripes
08-31-2002, 02:06 AM

You can voice your opinion by booing at the players, or even chanting "No Strike!" But I draw the line at hurling deadly objects through the playing field.

Not a strong enough message for me.

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2002, 02:30 AM
But I draw the line at hurling deadly objects through the playing field. Oh, come on. How many fans have a good enough arm to make their toss back onto the field "deadly?" The ball comes into the stands off the bat at well over 100 mph. The tosses back out are probably never over 70.

RedPinStripes
08-31-2002, 02:56 AM
Oh, come on. How many fans have a good enough arm to make their toss back onto the field "deadly?" The ball comes into the stands off the bat at well over 100 mph. The tosses back out are probably never over 70.

I can throw a mean 65 with no warmups! :D:

Mathew
08-31-2002, 03:18 AM
I top out at 82 from the full, in a chair from 22 rows it would be about 40. Those TP rolls can maim though. I didn't much care that fans showed backbone and displeasure at their playoff team being cost a season, throwing foul balls back is a pretty passive form of protest and protesting the end of baseball for the season is not one I would consider overly stupid (though I wanted a strike or a labour agreement with positive tangible albeit pipe dream results strike or no).

ma-gaga
08-31-2002, 11:09 AM
yeah but...

I saw this girl on tv once, throw a HR ball all the way back to the plate. It was amazing!

The look on the catcher's face was priceless!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-31-2002, 11:51 AM
Oh, come on. How many fans have a good enough arm to make their toss back onto the field "deadly?" The ball comes into the stands off the bat at well over 100 mph. The tosses back out are probably never over 70.

I don't think they were aiming at the players either, just tryint to disrupt the game by throwing them at a random spot on the field. I did like the Dollar Bill throwing though, that was so fitting wasn't it?