PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' for some insight...

whitesoxwilkes
08-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Just curious:

1) Does Joe Crede have a background in taxidermy or is it a joke?

2) What's the deal with the Royce Clayton ice cream jokes? How did that come around?

3) what's Cubby Kool Aid?

Enlighten me...THANKS!

BuehrleACE56
08-29-2002, 04:13 PM
i would ask the same questions myself, as well as.....

1) what is with the references to "feeding his gopher" and "gopher balls" etc. when they talk about pitchers. j/w. sorry if this was explained before sometime, but i never got the memo.

sorry i didn't have any answers wilkes. :?:

Jjav829
08-29-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Just curious:

1) Does Joe Crede have a background in taxidermy or is it a joke?

2) What's the deal with the Royce Clayton ice cream jokes? How did that come around?

3) what's Cubby Kool Aid?

Enlighten me...THANKS!

1.) It's a joke, or atleast as far as I know he doesn't have a background in taxidermy.

2.) It's a joke that started last year when a few people started joking that Royce was JM's son and thats why JM kept Royce in the lineup. This lead to a joke that if Royce did well in a game, JM would take him out for ice cream like in little league.

3.) Cubby Kool Aid is beer. It's not just a Cubs reference. It's really just a way of refering to beer, without exactly saying beer.

whitesoxwilkes
08-29-2002, 04:24 PM
Thanks Jjav!

Gopher ball: is just another way of saying home run.

Nellie_Fox
08-29-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
3.) Cubby Kool Aid is beer. It's not just a Cubs reference. It's really just a way of refering to beer, without exactly saying beer. No. It's a reference to the Cubs fans constantly ignoring how bad their team is and being loyal anyway. It comes from all the followers of Jim Jones drinking the cyanide-laced Kool-Aid in Jonestown, Guyana and dieing together. So "drinking the Kool-Aid" has come to mean unquestioning, unthinking, loyalty.