PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck Closing

ghostfacesox
08-29-2002, 01:33 PM
I work for the White Sox and yesterday we were given notice that if the players are to not go on strike or if they are to return then the organization will go ahead and close the upper deck for the remainder of the season. All upper deck seats will be upgraded to 100 level seats as will all upper deck seats purchased on game day. It looks as though some construction is going to be under way. :)

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2002, 01:38 PM
But if the players do go on strike, then nothing will be done?

I'm confused. I don't see the difference, unless of course Sox management thinks there won't ever be baseball again at Comiskey. Seems to me that if you're going to close off the UD with games happening, you'd also work on it if games weren't happening.

nut_stock
08-29-2002, 02:09 PM
I think the work is getting done regaurdless. If there are no games to be played via strike then you're not really "closing" the Upper Deck.

duke of dorwood
08-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Someone better tell the 5 people up there.

nut_stock
08-29-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Someone better tell the 5 people up there.

No need to do that, they'll just proceed with the Comiskey Upgrade anyway.

SaltyPretzel
08-29-2002, 03:17 PM
They probably won't be doing much in the upper deck since the Rolling Stones concert is at Comiskey in two weeks.

Daver
08-29-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ghostfacesox
I work for the White Sox and yesterday we were given notice that if the players are to not go on strike or if they are to return then the organization will go ahead and close the upper deck for the remainder of the season. All upper deck seats will be upgraded to 100 level seats as will all upper deck seats purchased on game day. It looks as though some construction is going to be under way. :)

Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
They probably won't be doing much in the upper deck since the Rolling Stones concert is at Comiskey in two weeks.

Welcome aboard to both of you! :redneck

SaltyPretzel
08-29-2002, 04:53 PM
Thanks!