PDA

View Full Version : If there's a strike...

Chisox_cali
08-28-2002, 11:22 PM
... It won't effect anybody on the Knights

KNIGHTS MAKE STATEMENT ON POTENTIAL MLB STRIKE
FORT MILL, S.C. - Regarding the impending Major League Baseball strike, the Charlotte Knights have issued the following statement from VP/General Manager Bill Blackwell: "Should a major league strike occur, It will not have any direct effect on the Charlotte Knights or minor leagues . Only the 25 man major league roster will go on strike. All minor league games will proceed as scheduled including the playoffs. We are also guaranteed that we will play our regular season next year (2003)."

RedPinStripes
08-29-2002, 01:01 AM
Does it cost anything to listen to Knight games on the web? Where can i find them?

MarkEdward
08-29-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Does it cost anything to listen to Knight games on the web? Where can i find them?

www.sportsjuice.com

RedPinStripes
08-29-2002, 07:04 AM
kool. thanx

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2002, 07:43 AM
I'm glad to finally see this confirmed in print. I never believed Sox minor leaguers were going to lose playing opportunities simply because the MLBPA was on strike. That's not the way I remember things going down back in 1994. To the contrary, I remember MLBPA and MLB sorting through the case of every "gray area" player and agreeing precisely who could and couldn't play.

Niether side has any good reason for making minor leaguers sit out. There is plenty of common ground here for both sides to agree to.

If there is a lockout, or MLB tries to use replacement players, that is a different story.

RedPinStripes
08-29-2002, 07:53 AM
:reinsy
Replacement players huh? I can get my money's worth out of Julio Cruz that i gave him for 20 years.