PDA

View Full Version : Team Chemistry

Harry Chappas
05-04-2016, 11:15 AM
I have to admit, I was seriously pissed by the antics of Eaton and Sale in the wake of LaRoche's departure. I worried that the club house would be divided coming out of spring training.

But from what I've seen during shots of the dugout, post-game handshake lines, interviews, etc., these guys seems to be loose and having fun. Yes, I realize winning tends to cure all ills, but there's also a professionalism and attitude that's been missing. And the players seem to genuinely like each other.

Kudos to Hahn for bringing in a bunch of professionals in Frazier, Lawrie, Rollins, Jackson, and Navarro. The difference is startling - fewer wasted ABs, much-improved defense, and overall competence.

BigKlu59
05-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Looks like these guys are Happy To Be Here on a big city big market team. They know it's a win win for them and for the City when they can showcase their talent on this stage. Sure they had notoriety in places past but the added fun of competing against the anointed ones on the North Side for the hearts and minds must be a factor as well.

Hreat pick ups with pedigree for a change. That's been the difference. Blend that winning attitude with the younger guys and showing what it takes to win should reap a long happy victorious season barring any calamity.

BK59

northsidesoxfan
05-04-2016, 12:12 PM
Winning tends to be addictive.Good starts to a season pay dividends later on in the chemistry formed by winning especially on the road.

Noneck
05-04-2016, 02:43 PM
The additions seem to be good but it may also be the subtractions. Losing guys like Ramirez and beckham may have really helped the chemistry.

Its also nice to have money hungry players out there. Quite a few players on the team playing for nice money contracts.

voodoochile
05-04-2016, 09:03 PM
One thing I will say is I have no fear that this team is going to collapse mentally. Their talent level may or may not be good enough to win it all but they certainly won't fold up like a cheap suit the final few weeks of the season like in 2012.

Lundind1
05-04-2016, 09:30 PM
One thing I will say is I have no fear that this team is going to collapse mentally. Their talent level may or may not be good enough to win it all but they certainly won't fold up like a cheap suit the final few weeks of the season like in 2012.

We have seen a team here win it all with good players and others with whom we caught lightning in a bottle with this type of chemistry. These guys won't quit and it shows. Anything is possible this year.

shingo10
05-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Here is an article with Kenny speaking on the unity and team chemistry that came from LaRoche situation.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160504/sports/160509421/