PDA

View Full Version : What a jerk!

BuehrleACE56
08-28-2002, 08:53 PM
.....our 22 year-old Jon Garland is. He teases us with brilliant outings against contenders like the Yankees and the Bo Sox, as well as a CG shutout against the 'Jays. Why? We finally get sick of his walks, his dingers, his big innings, and then he goes and pitches like Cy frickin' Young! It's like a week or month of ups and downs, but a lot of crap. Then a brilliant outing to end the season. "Well.....he's only 22" "Well.....he had that good showing against the Yankees." "Well.....he shutout the Blue Jays in our last game of 2002." Why does he do this to us? Why Jon! One day you're the hero. The next the villian of our staff. Please stop tearing us apart and FIND SOME CONSISTENCY! :whiner:

TornLabrum
08-28-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
.....our 22 year-old Jon Garland is. He teases us with brilliant outings against contenders like the Yankees and the Bo Sox, as well as a CG shutout against the 'Jays. Why? We finally get sick of his walks, his dingers, his big innings, and then he goes and pitches like Cy frickin' Young! It's like a week or month of ups and downs, but a lot of crap. Then a brilliant outing to end the season. "Well.....he's only 22" "Well.....he had that good showing against the Yankees." "Well.....he shutout the Blue Jays in our last game of 2002." Why does he do this to us? Why Jon! One day you're the hero. The next the villian of our staff. Please stop tearing us apart and FIND SOME CONSISTENCY! :whiner:

How many consistent 22-year-old pitchers can you name off the top of your head?

doublem23
08-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

Sssssssshhhh... Don't spoil his fun.

Jjav829
08-29-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

:burly
"Ahem..."

Chisox_cali
08-29-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829

:burly
"Ahem..."

He's 23! Get your facts straight DAMMIT!!! :)

WhiteSox = Life
08-29-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Not to totally defend BuehrleACE56, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Mark Buehrle was pretty consistent at the age of 22. :D:

Randar68
08-29-2002, 10:15 AM

It's all a plot to get you on prozac, where Jon and Danny are shareholders.....

BLA!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-29-2002, 01:29 PM

I think Jon Garland will be ok, especially now that NARDI the ailen is a bad memory.

Jjav829
08-29-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

He was 22 last year!!!! (which is what I was refering to) :smile:

Vsahajpal
08-29-2002, 07:36 PM
There's a pitcher in the city who turns 22 next week, I wouldn't trade him for the world...

kermittheefrog
08-29-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
There's a pitcher in the city who turns 22 next week, I wouldn't trade him for the world...

Neither would I if I were you but apparently the Cubs don't mind abusing his arm. He's already in the top 10 of hardest worked pitchers.