PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 4/28/16 Danks for the Memories Postgamer

Lip Man 1
04-28-2016, 10:27 PM
It should be crystal clear to everyone that John Danks is done. I certainly hope the Sox realize this. If I were John I'd retire tomorrow...its not like he needs the money and is simply getting humiliated out there.

He tried, I'll give him credit for that but he's done.

The Sox now are in a tough position, its to early to trade for someone...what do they do? Go with Gonzales again? Try Eric Johnson? Maybe try to catch lightening in a bottle with a kid from Double A (James Baldwin had a sensational start for the Sox in 1996 so it can happen and we all remember how Jason Bere saved them in 1993)

It'll be interesting to see what they do but this simply can't go on.

I've always said because pitchers get hurt, go into slumps, have double headers stack up with rainouts that you need SIX starters...not five. The sixth guy goes into the pen for long relief and makes spot starts (Dennis Lamp and Jerry Koosman both did this effectively for the Sox in the early 80's). Then if someone gets hurt or becomes ineffective he slides in to that spot. At least you have some insurance.

Bottom line, the Sox have four starters right now, they need to beg, borrow or steal one someway...somehow. You don't want a repeat of 1996 or 2003 where the Sox blew an almost guaranteed postseason spot because the last starter in the rotation couldn't keep them in a game and at least give them a reasonable chance.

Lip

Flight #24
04-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Someone quick tell Danks to go down to the towers and ask around for Omar.....

More seriously, kudos to John for gutting out the last few years post-injury, he's got grit, he just isn't a very good pitcher anymore (and hasn't been for a while). Injuries suck but can't be helped. Time to go find another guy, at least a stopgap until Fulmer's ready (I still believe despite the struggles).

Oh well, you were going to lose some anyway, let's just make sure to get some runs tomorrow and even the series up.

tstrike2000
04-28-2016, 10:33 PM
A stat JB98 mentioned. Looking back to Danks' last 15 starts, going back to August 1st of last year until now, John's 2-11. And he's 4-15 over his last 24 starts dating back to the beginning of last June. That's just ugh.

guillensdisciple
04-28-2016, 10:37 PM
It's over. This has to be his last start if th Sox are serious about this season.

Also, Turner or Danish could be good options. I would go righty.

Bobby Thigpen
04-28-2016, 10:53 PM
I've rooted as hard as you can for someone to overcome an injury, but like everyone has said so far, it's over.

If Danks ever expects to pitch in the majors successfully, he probably needs to pick up the knuckler. Tonight needs to be the last night of the Danks era if the Sox expect to hang around long term.

anewman35
04-28-2016, 11:07 PM
I think I agree with everybody else - he just has nothing left, it's obvious. At the very least, if the Sox really can't bare to just end it now, they need a fake DL stint for "arm soreness" or something to try to get him some rehab starts. Or stick him in long relief to only use him in blowouts. But he CAN'T be given another start next week.

Shoeless_Jeff
04-28-2016, 11:14 PM
I'll always have overall fond memories of Danks, especially for the Blackout Game- one of my favorite White Sox memories. He seems like a good man and he's got guts for trying like he has, but it's time for him to go.

Marqhead
04-28-2016, 11:19 PM
I highly doubt tonight is the last time we see danks. He'll be back out there in 5.

voodoochile
04-28-2016, 11:21 PM
I highly doubt tonight is the last time we see danks. He'll be back out there in 5.

Don't need a 5th starter until 5/7 by then they can call up Gonzalez if they want to.

Mohoney
04-28-2016, 11:24 PM

Fortunately, the off-day Monday means Quintana can be pushed back a day and Danks can be skipped entirely.

4/29: Rodon
4/30: Latos
5/1: Sale
5/2: Off-day
5/3: Quintana
5/4: Rodon
5/5: Latos
5/6: Sale
5/7: Next 5th starter appearance

chisoxfanatic
04-28-2016, 11:27 PM
Over half of the losses so far this team are Danks starts. Unreal.

Marqhead
04-28-2016, 11:34 PM
Understood, my point was this wasn't his last start. He will continue to be the regular 5th.

Crooked Number
04-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Understood, my point was this wasn't his last start. He will continue to be the regular 5th.

As much as it pains me, I believe you are correct. Look at tonight even. Robin decides that being down 5-2 isn't enough so he decided to trot him out there for the 6th. Showalter pulled his guy in the 5th, who had only given up two runs because he had been wildly effective and escaped numerous jams. Nope, we continue to send Danks out there time and again.

As I stated in the game thread the decision to not cut ties with Danks doesn't fit in with the smart and competent baseball decisions the Sox have been making. This Danks situation is the outlier, in what has otherwise been a very enjoyable campaign thus far. I get that no team is perfect, but mgmt has to see that this guy is a liability and incapable of getting it done at the MLB level any longer.

I sure am hoping they make a move and cut ties, but it certainly feels like the Sox are not willing to write off the 15.7 million he is making. Pains me to agree with Marqhead, but I think he will be out there again next time.

anewman35
04-28-2016, 11:50 PM

I mean, maybe? But I don't think the Sox wouldn't have started Miguel Gonzalez if they were super happy with the 5 starters they had. He's had four bad starts, it's clear to the naked eye that he has nothing, and I see no reason that Sox would want to hurt a promising season by keeping a pitcher who has nothing. They aren't stupid.

anewman35
04-28-2016, 11:53 PM
I sure am hoping they make a move and cut ties, but it certainly feels like the Sox are not willing to write off the 15.7 million he is making. Pains me to agree with Marqhead, but I think he will be out there again next time.

Like I said above, there's something between him being the 5th starter and cutting him. Put him in long relief/mop up duty or make up a reason to go on the DL for a few weeks. I think they'll do the right thing.

Lip Man 1
04-28-2016, 11:59 PM
Somehow win two of the last three. Go back home 18-8 and off another successful road trip.

Lip

RadioheadRocks
04-29-2016, 12:04 AM
Like I said above, there's something between him being the 5th starter and cutting him. Put him in long relief/mop up duty or make up a reason to go on the DL for a few weeks. I think they'll do the right thing.

At least it's early enough for them to do the right thing; this writing off every fifth start **** won't cut it in July and August.

TheVulture
04-29-2016, 12:21 AM
Personally, I thought Gonzalez showed something in that start against the Jays. He didn't crap the bed after he got hammered and managed to settle down. Considering the position he was in with a team he didn't even get to play with in ST, against a nasty ass lineup in Toronto, with that kind of pressure of one shot to get the job done. I'd sure rather seem him out there for at least a few starts rather than Danks.

It's no fun when it's the other team that's smoking the Danks.

TheVulture
04-29-2016, 12:24 AM
Like I said above, there's something between him being the 5th starter and cutting him. Put him in long relief/mop up duty
Why would you do that to the best bullpen in baseball???

gobears1987
04-29-2016, 12:32 AM
Someone quick tell Danks to go down to the towers and ask around for Omar.....

Omar comin'! Omar comin'!

JB98
04-29-2016, 12:32 AM

I agree. I don't see any role Danks can be effective in. It isn't like he's tough on lefties and can be used as a LOOGY. His velocity is down from last year, and he wasn't any good last year. He's toast.

Maybe he could be an innings-eater on a rebuilding club, but after this quick start, the Sox are looking to contend. It's a cruel business sometimes, but Danks' time is up.

RadioheadRocks
04-29-2016, 12:35 AM

Well played, sir!

gobears1987
04-29-2016, 12:35 AM
This team has 7 losses. Anyone want to guess who is on record for 4 of them?

shes
04-29-2016, 12:37 AM
Personally, I thought Gonzalez showed something in that start against the Jays. He didn't crap the bed after he got hammered and managed to settle down. Considering the position he was in with a team he didn't even get to play with in ST, against a nasty ass lineup in Toronto, with that kind of pressure of one shot to get the job done. I'd sure rather seem him out there for at least a few starts rather than Danks.

It's no fun when it's the other team that's smoking the Danks.

The thing about a fifth starter is you only need him to not be a disaster, especially when the rest of the staff is lights out. So in theory it shouldn't be that hard to go from abysmal (Danks) to acceptable. And indeed, Gonzalez over his 585 career innings has a 3.86 ERA and 4 wins above replacement. Anything near that kind of performance from him would certainly be acceptable. He was bad last year, but there's no reason to think he wouldn't be a major upgrade over Danks.

WhiteSox5187
04-29-2016, 12:57 AM
I'll be honest, I didn't watch the game but I was reading on SouthSideSox's game recap that Danks was again falling behind hitters. In spring training he was very aggressive and coming right at guys and had some degree of success. Has his velocity dropped since spring training or was he just facing a bunch of minor leaguers which explains his success? If Danks can be aggressive and throw strikes he might have something left in him, but if he can't do that (and I can get why he'd be hesitant to throw strikes with his stuff right now), his days in the big leagues are numbered.

Church Turtle
04-29-2016, 01:15 AM
I voted "Minor leagues" in the poll. I don't know if he'd be interested, but with his work ethic, maybe if given the chance to go down to AA and develop a new pitch (knuckleball?) he'd have a shot at pitching a while longer. He's going to get paid either way.

Shoeless Joe
04-29-2016, 01:27 AM
The Danks experiment must end. Thank you for the Blackout game, Johnny. Exhaust all your options until the trade deadline.

RCWHITESOX
04-29-2016, 02:59 AM
I'll be honest, I didn't watch the game but I was reading on SouthSideSox's game recap that Danks was again falling behind hitters. In spring training he was very aggressive and coming right at guys and had some degree of success. Has his velocity dropped since spring training or was he just facing a bunch of minor leaguers which explains his success? If Danks can be aggressive and throw strikes he might have something left in him, but if he can't do that (and I can get why he'd be hesitant to throw strikes with his stuff right now), his days in the big leagues are numbered.

I did watch until I couldn't stand it anymore. Danks is finished and when he leaves the Sox I can't see anyone signing him. He just doesn't have anything left in the tank. He looks like he belongs in a over 40 fast pitch league, or as a batting practice pitcher!

kufram
04-29-2016, 03:43 AM
Whilst I agree that Danks should not start for us any more, I am not privy to the details of his contract so I'm in no position to comment on what they can/should do with him. But, looking at it from Danks' point of view... perhaps he knows his future lies in coaching and spending as much time with Cooper, by most accounts one of the best pitching coaches in the game, is what is best for him.

Here's a question...perhaps naive. Is a major league team able to insure in any way against loss of production through injury regarding a big contract? There is so much money involved I'd be surprised if these contracts are scribbled out on a napkin over dinner.

Frater Perdurabo
04-29-2016, 06:48 AM
Here's a question...perhaps naive. Is a major league team able to insure in any way against loss of production through injury regarding a big contract? There is so much money involved I'd be surprised if these contracts are scribbled out on a napkin over dinner.

Some insurance companies will sell policies on virtually anything, for a price. It's just a question of whether or not the team wants to pay the price of an insurance policy. Given the number of arm injuries, I imagine a policy on an individual pitcher's arm would be quite costly.

Chez
04-29-2016, 07:23 AM
I guess you really can't win them all. I've been rooting hard for Johnny, but he's giving me bad Dylan Axelrod flashbacks. The obvious problem is that the Sox don't curently have an attractive alternative to plug-in.

anewman35
04-29-2016, 07:40 AM
I guess you really can't win them all. I've been rooting hard for Johnny, but he's giving me bad Dylan Axelrod flashbacks. The obvious problem is that the Sox don't curently have an attractive alternative to plug-in.

I can't imagine that Miguel Gonzalez, Eric Johnson, Jacob Turner or Scotty Carroll would all be worse than Danks has been.

Golden Sox
04-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Somebody posted that Danks is 4-15 in his last 24 starts. I wonder if that is one of the worst records in the history of MLB. The White Sox organization must not think to highly of Johnson, Turner and Gonzalez. I would like to think that any of those 3 would pitch better than Danks in the long run.

Chez
04-29-2016, 09:12 AM
I can't imagine that Miguel Gonzalez, Eric Johnson, Jacob Turner or Scotty Carroll would all be worse than Danks has been.

Substitute Felix Diaz, Arnie Munoz, Josh Stewart and Jason Grilli for those names and it's 2004 all over again. Sure, the Sox have other arms they can throw out there. Unfortunately, I don't think any are a significant upgrade over Danks. I hope I'm wrong.

aryzner
04-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Substitute Felix Diaz, Arnie Munoz, Josh Stewart and Jason Grilli for those names and it's 2004 all over again. Sure, the Sox have other arms they can throw out there. Unfortunately, I don't think any are a significant upgrade over Danks. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think the Sox need to look for a significant upgrade, they just need an upgrade. Even a minor one would be better than this.

anewman35
04-29-2016, 09:24 AM
Yeah, it's a fifth starter, he doesn't have to be GREAT - 2013-2015 John Danks wasn't a GOOD pitcher, but he was much better than this year's. If we could get that level I'd be happy.

vinny
04-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Somebody posted that Danks is 4-15 in his last 24 starts. I wonder if that is one of the worst records in the history of MLB. The White Sox organization must not think to highly of Johnson, Turner and Gonzalez. I would like to think that any of those 3 would pitch better than Danks in the long run.

Yeesh. That's some vintage 1999 Steve Trachsel numbers right there.

beasly213
04-29-2016, 10:11 AM
LOL at "Danks needs to retire!" Yeah he's bad, and yes he shouldn't be starting for the White Sox anymore, but why would anyone walk away from millions of dollars! Oh.. wait...

TheVulture
04-29-2016, 10:18 AM
None of those guys had anywhere near the level of success at the major league level that Gonzalez has.

Zakath
04-29-2016, 10:44 AM
Somebody posted that Danks is 4-15 in his last 24 starts.

Goes back to June 1 of last season. At least last year he wasn't giving up a ton of runs through that stretch and his ERA actually went down from 4.81 at the beginning to 4.71 at the end (only 6 of 20 starts at the end of last season where he gave up more than 4 earned runs).

This year, his WHIP is approaching 2 (28 hits and 11 BB's in 22 1/3 innings) and his ERA is already over 7. In his four starts, the Sox have been outscored 27-7.:puking:

Chez
04-29-2016, 10:48 AM
LOL at "Danks needs to retire!" Yeah he's bad, and yes he shouldn't be starting for the White Sox anymore, but why would anyone walk away from millions of dollars! Oh.. wait...

Ha! There's the solution. Someone bring Danks's kid to the locker room! :)

guillensdisciple
04-29-2016, 11:04 AM
None of those guys had anywhere near the level of success at the major league level that Gonzalez has.

The entire criticism when it came to him was his fastball velocity decreasing. In the prior game, it was hovering around 90-92. That is his normal velocity. He misses spots but cleaned up well towards the end of his shift.

I think we should give him another try. Especially considering we are so lefty heavy.

voodoochile
04-29-2016, 11:07 AM
The entire criticism when it came to him was his fastball velocity decreasing. In the prior game, it was hovering around 90-92. That is his normal velocity. He misses spots but cleaned up well towards the end of his shift.

I think we should give him another try. Especially considering we are so lefty heavy.

Agree on all accounts.

#1swisher
04-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Intentional Talk ‏@IntentionalTalk (https://twitter.com/IntentionalTalk) 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/IntentionalTalk/status/726063667356176384)

Who homered in the big leagues first, @FlavaFraz21 (https://twitter.com/FlavaFraz21) or @blawrie13 (https://twitter.com/blawrie13)? Check out their hilarious interview on IT:

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7417714/v636670183/frazier-lawrie-join-the-guys-on-intentional-talk
(https://twitter.com/IntentionalTalk)

#1swisher
04-29-2016, 11:15 AM
MLB Verified account ‏@MLB (https://twitter.com/MLB)

(https://twitter.com/MLB) When you jack No. 6 and play for the top team in the AL, thatís #ASGWorthy (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ASGWorthy?src=hash): http://atmlb.com/21jnHSb (https://t.co/KpOI21zofM)

voodoochile
04-29-2016, 11:32 AM
MLB Verified account ‏@MLB (https://twitter.com/MLB)

(https://twitter.com/MLB) When you jack No. 6 and play for the top team in the AL, thatís #ASGWorthy (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ASGWorthy?src=hash): http://atmlb.com/21jnHSb (https://t.co/KpOI21zofM)

Abreu will start seeing a lot more better pitches to hit now too. At this rate we have the chance to have one of the most feared 3-4 combos in the game. And if Melky continues to hit well in the 5 slot we are gonna score some runs...

fungo bat
04-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Last night the velocity on Danks' fast ball was down, around 87-88. But the real problem was getting behind 2-0 and 3-1 to practically every hitter. Baltimore is a good offensive team and in that ball park you're playing with fire when you do that. They're sitting on your below-average fast ball, ready to lay wood on it.

He also has no movement on his fast ball. It's a straight pitch once it leaves his hand. And he doesn't seem to have much confidence getting his change up over the plate either.

All this spells disaster. Over his last 14 starts he is 1-11 since last summer. That is horrible.

Scott Carroll or possibly Jacob Turner are considerations, as well as bringing Gonzalez back for another shot.

Always liked Danks. Gutsy performer. Great memories from the blackout game a few years back. But he never seemed to learn how to become a real pitcher after his injuries.

chisox59
04-29-2016, 12:12 PM
Abreu will start seeing a lot more better pitches to hit now too. At this rate we have the chance to have one of the most feared 3-4 combos in the game.
Abreu won't be getting better pitches to hit until he learns to lay off the low and outside breaking ball he's been chasing all year. It definitely appears that that's the book on him right now.

slavko
04-29-2016, 12:14 PM
The suggestion that he be made into a batting practice pitcher won't work. He can't throw the ball in the strike zone with regularity.

He could take over the DJ Carrasco role in the pen, that is to come in and eat innings when a starter is getting bombed early or tweaks something and needs to come out. They would even give him extra warmup time.

chisox59
04-29-2016, 12:15 PM
Scott Carroll or possibly Jacob Turner are considerations, as well as bringing Gonzalez back for another shot.

Scott Carroll was put on the DL after his first start with Charlotte this year. I have yet to find out a reason why.

voodoochile
04-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Abreu won't be getting better pitches to hit until he learns to lay off the low and outside breaking ball he's been chasing all year. It definitely appears that that's the book on him right now.

He's been taking that pitch more in the last few weeks. His average is climbing a bit and he's taken a few more walks. With Frazier hitting behind him if he continues to take the walks he'll start to see a lot more fastballs.

Mohoney
04-29-2016, 01:02 PM
At this point, it doesn't look likely that Erik Johnson is going to get a serious chance to crack this rotation. This team has gone to great lengths to avoid giving him starts the past three years, preferring the likes of Hector Noesi, Scott Carroll, and Miguel Gonzalez to Johnson. They must not like what they see.

JB98
04-29-2016, 01:34 PM

I agree. I realize it wasn't the greatest outing by Gonzalez on Monday, but I saw enough to feel like he might be an upgrade over Danks.

The Sox can't afford to sit around and say, "Oh well, we don't have any better options." This team has a chance to contend, and you can't just be throwing away a game every time the fifth starter's turn comes up.

Gonzalez, Johnson and Turner all have previous MLB experience, and the bar to clear to be an upgrade over Danks is not high. Let's see if one of them can be a reasonable replacement. Give Gonzalez another couple looks and see what happens.

Rocky Soprano
04-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Paging Mark Buehrle. Paging Mark Buehrle.

Hitmen77
04-29-2016, 02:38 PM
I agree. I realize it wasn't the greatest outing by Gonzalez on Monday, but I saw enough to feel like he might be an upgrade over Danks.

The Sox can't afford to sit around and say, "Oh well, we don't have any better options." This team has a chance to contend, and you can't just be throwing away a game every time the fifth starter's turn comes up.

Gonzalez, Johnson and Turner all have previous MLB experience, and the bar to clear to be an upgrade over Danks is not high. Let's see if one of them can be a reasonable replacement. Give Gonzalez another couple looks and see what happens.

Agreed. Time to give these guys a look (including another look or two at Gonzalez). None of them sound great, but it's better than having Danks get lit up every 5th game.

I don't get the willingness to not give Gonzalez another chance. Are any of the other options a sure thing? They all look flawed, but maybe one of these pitchers will suffice as a 5th starter. Danks's record over the latter part of last year and into this year indicated that he's finished.

Doesn't Buehrle need shoulder surgery? I thought his arm was pretty much toast at the end of last season.

JB98
04-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Agreed. Time to give these guys a look (including another look or two at Gonzalez). None of them sound great, but it's better than having Danks get lit up every 5th game.

I don't get the willingness to not give Gonzalez another chance. Are any of the other options a sure thing? They all look flawed, but maybe one of these pitchers will suffice as a 5th starter. Danks's record over the latter part of last year and into this year indicated that he's finished.

Doesn't Buehrle need shoulder surgery? I thought his arm was pretty much toast at the end of last season.

And all you're really looking for here is somebody who can help you win between 40 and 50 percent of the games he starts. Best-case scenario with Danks, if he makes 30 starts, the Sox might win 10 of those. That's not good enough.

Zakath
04-29-2016, 02:46 PM

I guess the question is can Danks turn into Buehrle? Buehrle topped 90 in his dreams, but he had great control and would wipe righties out with pitches that broke down and in on them. If Danks has lost 4-5 mph on his fastball, he's got to start getting crafty.

Someone needs to find Cy Chen and get him to teach John how to be a junk-throwing lefty and be successful...

Rocky Soprano
04-29-2016, 02:54 PM

I didn't think he required surgery but am not 100% sure on that.
The fact he hasn't officially retired makes me think there's a chance he would sign with a team this year.

I know he would be another lefty but if he's healthy, I'd love to see him come back home.

CHISOXFAN13
04-29-2016, 02:55 PM
I guess the question is can Danks turn into Buehrle? Buehrle topped 90 in his dreams, but he had great control and would wipe righties out with pitches that broke down and in on them. If Danks has lost 4-5 mph on his fastball, he's got to start getting crafty.

Someone needs to find Cy Chen and get him to teach John how to be a junk-throwing lefty and be successful...

Was Chen all that successful? Career 4.62 era and 1.36 whip. Meh. He owned the Sox, but he really was about as average as can be.

I'm on board with Gonzalez.

Rocky Soprano
04-29-2016, 02:56 PM

Great question.
I don't know if it's too late for Danks to change his pitching style. You would think by now Cooper would have had him try different things, including being more crafty. He may just not be able to hit his locations like Buehrle could.

IronFisk
04-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Danks' Blackout Game capital has drained out long ago. I'd rather lose with prospects.

kittle42
04-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Was Chen all that successful? Career 4.62 era and 1.36 whip. Meh. He owned the Sox, but he really was about as average as can be.

Exactly. Aside from 2013, once he got bad, he was pretty consistently average or below average.

anewman35
04-29-2016, 03:31 PM
It would be great if Danks could learn (again) to be a new type of pitcher. But he can't learn on the job as our fifth starter...

JB98
04-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Great question.
I don't know if it's too late for Danks to change his pitching style. You would think by now Cooper would have had him try different things, including being more crafty. He may just not be able to hit his locations like Buehrle could.

He can't hit locations like Buehrle could. Few can. Danks has never been consistent with his command, even when he was throwing the ball well before surgery. He's always made some mistakes in the middle of the zone, but he got away with some of them back in the day when his fastball could touch 95. Now, those mistakes are being put in play hard. That's why I don't have optimism for this to turn around. This is what he is now -- a pitcher with reduced velocity who does not have good command.

His average fastball velocity is down to the 87 mph range right now. He was touching 90 consistently the second half of last year. He still wasn't good when he was hitting 90 on the gun, but it at least gave him a puncher's chance. Right now, he's got no chance with the stuff he's featuring.

WhiteSox5187
04-29-2016, 03:38 PM

I'm on board with Gonzalez.

Honestly, I'd love if we could get a 4.62 ERA out of Danks this year.

anewman35
04-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Looks like I have the Sox too much credit: they're planning on starting him again Wednesday, which is way before we even NEED to start a 5th starter. And it's at home, this could get ugly...

Lip Man 1
04-29-2016, 10:13 PM
If true that's real stupidity on the part of the Sox.

When Danks gets lit up, the fans that are there will tear him to pieces verbally leaving the mound.

Lip

tstrike2000
04-29-2016, 10:51 PM
If true that's real stupidity on the part of the Sox.

When Danks gets lit up, the fans that are there will tear him to pieces verbally leaving the mound.

Lip

Chuck Garfien just said Robing confirmed he's starting Wednesday. Personally, I think it's a mistake, but as is always the case, it's their call. We have three other guys to try in that spot, but instead we still go with the worst one.

RadioheadRocks
04-29-2016, 11:17 PM
Chuck Garfien just said Robin confirmed he's starting Wednesday. Personally, I think it's a mistake, but as is always the case, it's their call. We have three other guys to try in that spot, but instead we still go with the worst one.

Why am I not surprised?

Lip Man 1
04-29-2016, 11:40 PM
Chuck Garfien just said Robing confirmed he's starting Wednesday. Personally, I think it's a mistake, but as is always the case, it's their call. We have three other guys to try in that spot, but instead we still go with the worst one.

Money talks TS, with the White Sox money ALWAYS talks.

:?:

Lip

slavko
04-30-2016, 10:39 AM
Money talks TS, with the White Sox money ALWAYS talks.

:?:

Lip

Always is a long time. I'll be back in a month to readdress the situation.