PDA

View Full Version : Friday

voodoochile
08-28-2002, 04:12 PM
What time Friday do the players officially go on strike? Any time after the paychecks get issued, or is there a set time? Any chance the Sox actually play that night?

Daver
08-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
What time Friday do the players officially go on strike? Any time after the paychecks get issued, or is there a set time? Any chance the Sox actually play that night?

Midnight on the 29th,the first game affected will be the Cards/sCrUBS tilt,a day game.

voodoochile
08-28-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by daver

Midnight on the 29th,the first game affected will be the Cards/sCrUBS tilt,a day game.

I thought they were going to wait to get paid? Do they still get their checks for the 30th if they go out that early? Shouldn't they officially wait until at least 12:00:01?

Daver
08-28-2002, 04:24 PM

I thought they were going to wait to get paid? Do they still get their checks for the 30th if they go out that early? Shouldn't they officially wait until at least 12:00:01?

The owners are obligated to give them their checks when they show up to clean out their lockers.

voodoochile
08-28-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by daver

The owners are obligated to give them their checks when they show up to clean out their lockers.

*****!!! How messed up is that for the owners? Not saying they don't deserve it, but man...

:reinsy
(explodes)

doublem23
08-28-2002, 08:14 PM

(explodes)

Does anyone have a problem with this scenario? 'Cuz I sure as hell don't.

whitesoxwilkes
08-28-2002, 09:18 PM
don;t they have direct deposit anyway?

Daver
08-28-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
don;t they have direct deposit anyway?

Some do,a lot do not.Jose Canseco once left a ten thousand dollar check in the White Sox visitors locker room when he was a member of the A's.

HawkDJ
08-28-2002, 09:26 PM
There actually is no set "strike time", at least according to the Daily Herald.

Contrary to reports, there is no formal time for players to walk. Even so, Cubs sources say they should know early enough Friday morning whether to open the gates.

doublem23
08-28-2002, 10:06 PM
Sportscenter has the MLB Strike Clock going right now.

WhiteSox = Life
08-29-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Does anyone have a problem with this scenario? 'Cuz I sure as hell don't.

Yeah...

[list=1]
The explosion would have to be a lot bigger.
And if it weren't an explosion, something a lot more painful and a lot slower, because we all know that JR deserves nothing but the best!
[/list=1]

"Hey. I did everything that I possibly could have, and you know it!"