PDA

View Full Version : pick to click

ma-gaga
08-28-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey, just looking at the front page article and I was reminded of something I saw on Sportcenter a couple of weeks back.

They were showing Sox highlights, and Rowand made a nice backhanded running catch then hit out a bomb later in the game. The announcer said something like, 'he was definitely the pick to click tonight'.

Is the 'pick to click' a WSI exclusive?

voodoochile
08-28-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Hey, just looking at the front page article and I was reminded of something I saw on Sportcenter a couple of weeks back.

They were showing Sox highlights, and Rowand made a nice backhanded running catch then hit out a bomb later in the game. The announcer said something like, 'he was definitely the pick to click tonight'.

Is the 'pick to click' a WSI exclusive?

It's actually a bit that the Sox announcers have been doing for a long time. They keep a scoreboard with season totals for Hawk, DJ (before that, Paciorek) and "Crew". It is all in fun, and WSI borrowed the concept a few years ago and started running with it. At least here at WSI, you can actually win something - if a case of Hamm's is actually considered "something"...

:D:

RedPinStripes
08-28-2002, 09:11 AM
Wow! Pick accuratly all year and get a free head ache! :D:

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2002, 10:50 AM
I didn't even know that Hamm's was still being made. It was originally brewed in St. Paul, and I never see it around here, so someone else must be making it now.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-28-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I didn't even know that Hamm's was still being made. It was originally brewed in St. Paul, and I never see it around here, so someone else must be making it now.

Hamm's has been bought and sold several times. It is now owned by Pabst along with most other old, regional brands, including Old Style, Olympia, and Falstaff. Pabst produces them under contract brewing arrangements with third party brewers. Thus the quality and consistency is generally poor. In fact, I believe the only working brewery Pabst still operates is the old Lone Star facility somewhere in Texas. They literally drove Stroh's out of business by inking new brewing contracts with Miller that Stroh's had come to depend on for revenue.

Anyway, you can still find Hamm's if you look around. There is a liquor store here in town that sells 12 oz. cans by the case for $9.99. They are WSI's official supplier of the PTC championship prize! However, it is very difficult to fit the individual cans inside mailing envelopes.

:)

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2002, 11:31 AM
I'm in the running for winning this whole thing, only trailing the leader by 2 PTCs, and in second place all by myself. Since I won't be turning 21 until January, I couldn't receive a case of beer. What is the prize for those of us who can't have beer if we come out the winner?

Also, is there a prize for second and third place?

Heather the Redbird

PaleHoseGeorge
08-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
I'm in the running for winning this whole thing, only trailing the leader by 2 PTCs, and in second place all by myself. Since I won't be turning 21 until January, I couldn't receive a case of beer. What is the prize for those of us who can't have beer if we come out the winner?

Also, is there a prize for second and third place?

Heather the Redbird

If you're under legal drinking age, I suppose we could send you some milk or something. As for consolation prizes for second or third-place, you better take up that subject with a social worker.

voodoochile
08-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

If you're under legal drinking age, I suppose we could send you some milk or something. As for consolation prizes for second or third-place, you better take up that subject with a social worker.

May I suggest that if the winner is underage, the prize be consumed by of-age members of WSI and the underage person's prize will become the pleasure of knowing they gave others pleasure... (if drinking a case of Hamms can actually be called pleasurable that is). I will volunteer to be one of the guinea pigs... er... lucky members should the need arise. However, with two games left in the season, and Heather 2 wins out of first, it would take a come back of Tigeresque proportions for her to win at all. How about the rest of you underage PTC competitors, anyone close to the big prize?

Mathew
08-28-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

Heather the Redbird

You must drink your Hamms in Canada.

The only beer PHG mentioned that I see in our liquor store here is Olympia and I hope the U.S. version is a lot better because it really sucks.