PDA

View Full Version : Soxogram

Paulwny
08-28-2002, 07:57 AM
" Joe Crede? Who the heck is that?"

The Blue Jay radio announcers don't have a clue, they've called him John for the last 2 games.

RedPinStripes
08-28-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny

The Blue Jay radio announcers don't have a clue, they've called him John for the last 2 games.

:crede
I still cant get any respect!

WhiteSox = Life
08-29-2002, 02:46 AM

"I think it's aboot time that all you yanks realize that up here in Canada, John is just a moniker for Joe. Kinda like you guys and Jack is a nickname for John. You guys are really, really... really dull, eh?"

Chisox_cali
08-29-2002, 02:50 AM

Man, for me nothing will ever top that San Diego announcers during ST that could NEVER pronounce 'Konerko' correctly, and was obsessed with how tall Jon Rauch was. God that was just horrible.

WhiteSox = Life
08-29-2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Man, for me nothing will ever top that San Diego announcers during ST that could NEVER pronounce 'Konerko' correctly, and was obsessed with how tall Jon Rauch was. God that was just horrible.

The way I see it there's only two ways to pronounce Konerko. (I'm not doing this phonetically, just emphasizing)

Kon-air-ko
Kon-er-ko

Which one's the proper pronunciation? I've always thought 2, but 1 sounded cooler.

Anyone know the official way of pronouncing Kon- Paulie's name?

bc2k
08-29-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life

The way I see it there's only two ways to pronounce Konerko. (I'm not doing this phonetically, just emphasizing)

Kon-air-ko
Kon-er-ko

Which one's the proper pronunciation? I've always thought 2, but 1 sounded cooler.

Anyone know the official way of pronouncing Kon- Paulie's name?

# 2. is the correct way. Although if you listen to those idiots Hawk and D.J. you'd think #1 is correct.

doublem23
08-29-2002, 07:56 PM
Check the pronunciation guide in the media guide for sure. I would, but I left them at home.

BTW, I always though #1 was the correct way.

whitesoxwilkes
08-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Check the pronunciation guide in the media guide for sure. I would, but I left them at home.

BTW, I always though #1 was the correct way.

Unfortunately, there is no pronunciation guide in the 2002 media guide. That was the first place I looked when I saw this thread.

doublem23
08-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

Unfortunately, there is no pronunciation guide in the 2002 media guide. That was the first place I looked when I saw this thread.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah??? Really?

Huh. I'm nearly 100% sure that there is a pronunciation guide in either the 2000, 2001, or 2002 White Sox Media Guides somewhere. I'd look them up, but as I stated, they are about 160 miles away from me.