PDA

View Full Version : Old Comiskey---Must See!

nut_stock
08-27-2002, 01:25 PM
I don't normally post links to ebay but this is an absolute must see for any sox fan. It's a gigantic replica of the old park!!!

Comiskey Park (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1853515718)

RedPinStripes
08-27-2002, 01:28 PM
Nice! I like it! Too bad i don't have the money or space.

nixsox
08-27-2002, 02:36 PM
That is truly awesome. It would have been real unique if he put the old monster in and painted the left field upper deck red and green. :)

duke of dorwood
08-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Ahhhhhhhh the Green Seats

MisterB
08-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Nice. Not perfect, but a remarkable job nonetheless.

Chisox_cali
08-27-2002, 06:54 PM
God that is sooooooooo freakin cool!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had a spare $4,000 though.

doublem23
08-27-2002, 07:54 PM
That is really, really cool.

Unfortunately, all I got in my wallet is about 20 bucks. :whiner:

I know what I'm doing next summer. :smile:

Foulke You
08-27-2002, 08:31 PM
Damn, Nut stock! I was just going to post this but I see you beat me to it. :D: That model is awesome. Wouldn't it make sense for the White Sox to buy this model and put it in the park so every Sox fan can enjoy it? Put it in the concourse or by Old Comiskey home plate in the parking lot and rig up a button for the fans to light up the scoreboard. $4000 is one Saturday night's churro sales for pete's sake! Nah, they would NEVER buy something this cool. Maybe I'll email this suggestion to the Sox Marketing Dept. for what it is worth.

:gallas
"Sorry, but that would take funds away from next year's 'carribean night'."

mrwag
08-27-2002, 10:20 PM
Man, that'd look soooooo sweet in my basement. But, it's only the outfield?

Procol Harum
08-28-2002, 10:57 AM
At last--the most fabulous object in the world!!

Foulke You
08-28-2002, 04:08 PM
Well, I emailed the auction along to Rob Gallas along with my suggestion and here is what he had to say:

Thank you very much for passing it along. I've seen this model and heard from its creator before. We have a smaller scale model of old Comiskey. This one is interesting, but I don't think it's worth the $4,000 asking price. Perhaps the price will come down if he doesn't get what he wants at this particular auction.

Regards,

Rob Gallas

PaleHoseGeorge
08-28-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Well, I emailed the auction along to Rob Gallas along with my suggestion and here is what he had to say:

Thank you very much for passing it along. I've seen this model and heard from its creator before. We have a smaller scale model of old Comiskey. This one is interesting, but I don't think it's worth the $4,000 asking price. Perhaps the price will come down if he doesn't get what he wants at this particular auction.

Regards,

Rob Gallas

Sounds like Gallas intends to low-ball 'em.

:gallas
"$200 and a lifetime supply of day-old churros. Take it or leave it!"

:reinsy
"Psst... get the diminished skills clause added in, too... but don't tell anyone."

Foulke You
08-28-2002, 04:28 PM
Someone has placed a bid on the model already so it looks like he won't be coming down from that price after all. I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up going for $5000 or more. Alas, out of the reach of Reinsdorf's shoestring budget. I wonder where they have that other "smaller" model of Old Comiskey? Is it for the fans to enjoy or in Reinsdorf's office?

voodoochile
08-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Someone has placed a bid on the model already so it looks like he won't be coming down from that price after all. I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up going for $5000 or more. Alas, out of the reach of Reinsdorf's shoestring budget. I wonder where they have that other "smaller" model of Old Comiskey? Is it for the fans to enjoy or in Reinsdorf's office?

You are correct, JR kept it in his office but he couldn't fight the urge to use his toy tonka trucks to tear it down and bill the state for building a cheap plastic piece of crap in its place.

"Hey, the upper deck was about to give way, I had to do it. It hurt me to the core, but I got over it when I saw all those diamond suites and lovely lovely empty blue seats. I'd buy this bigger nicer one, but I can't sell any seats to the Ken and Barbie set, so once again it is all the fault of the fans."

Jerry_Manuel
08-28-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Sounds like Gallas intends to low-ball 'em.

"Psst... get the diminished skills clause added in, too... but don't tell anyone."

Maybe the Chairman wants to talk to this guy one-one-one.

Worked on Grant, didn't work on A-Rod.

nut_stock
08-28-2002, 10:20 PM
He's got a bid on it but he isn't obligated to sell since he put a reserve on the auction. To be honest, I think the buyer listed is a phony. He's only bought 3 items--all from the same seller who happens to be the selling in this auction as well.

doublem23
08-28-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
At last--the most fabulous object in the world!!

:messica
Who, me?

Bah-dum-pum-CLASH...

I'll be here all week folks... When I'm not in class or in any other extracurricular activities.