PDA

View Full Version : JM can't wait to tinker.

RedPinStripes
08-27-2002, 09:58 AM
I think the Jiminez move could have waited till sept or clayton is gone.IMO

Tinker tinker tinker (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug27.html)

rmusacch
08-27-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I think the Jiminez move could have waited till sept or clayton is gone.IMO

Tinker tinker tinker (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug27.html)

What I don't understand is why he is going play Clayton against lefties. It is not like he is a great hitter plus Jimenez is a switchhitter. Clayton will be gone after this season, let's see what the rest of the team can do. It sounds like Valentin is the odd man out. I do not see him getting any starts. Against righties, it looks like Crede at third, Jimenez at short and Harris at second and against lefties it looks like Crede at third, Clayton at short and Jimenez at second. It also sounds like his hand is being forced by saying he still has to play Crede at third.

RedPinStripes
08-27-2002, 10:54 AM
That's exactly what it is. Jm don't make that lineup, but Cred should be at 3rd. He's the only real 3rd baseman they have and he needs the MLB ab's . It's going to be the same **** next year. Valentin will play 3rd and SS while Manuel Tinkers. And some of the tinkering is due to KW giving orders IMO.

BuehrleACE56
08-27-2002, 11:33 AM
It's all crap. they need to figure some things out, assign roles and positions (on the field and in the lineup) and stick with them. guys are never going to get into a groove being constantly confused about where or when they're playing. it's crap. i understand wanting to see everyone play and hit, but seriously some of this crap is excessive.

Jerry_Manuel
08-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
And some of the tinkering is due to KW giving orders IMO.

That's why Jiminez was in last night.

Williams wants his guys out there.

RedPinStripes
08-27-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

yup

rmusacch
08-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That is why we need a real GM, one that does not have his feelings hurt when the players he acquired in bonehead moves do not play. It will be even worse when KW fires JM and puts his own guy in the manager slot.