PDA

View Full Version : Alex Cora


doublem23
08-27-2002, 01:08 AM
I really, really hope he's all right.

That looked really, really nasty.

BTW, at first I didn't realize how bad that was, so I removed what was in the Konerko? thread, since it looks like it deserves its own thread.

Chisox_cali
08-27-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I really, really hope he's all right.

That looked really, really nasty.

BTW, at first I didn't realize how bad that was, so I removed what was in the Konerko? thread, since it looks like it deserves its own thread.

Yeah I was watching it. Scully was really somber throughout. I hope he's OK, I thought I saw some finger movement, but not much else.

doublem23
08-27-2002, 01:23 AM
ESPN just said that he's all right...

Only a concussion... But now he's awake and can move all his limbs and what not.

Phew... THERE'S good news.

voodoochile
08-27-2002, 01:24 AM
What happened. I wasn't watching...

Chisox_cali
08-27-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
ESPN just said that he's all right...

Only a concussion... But now he's awake and can move all his limbs and what not.

Phew... THERE'S good news.

WHEW!

RedPinStripes
08-27-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
What happened. I wasn't watching...

Me either. :?:

doublem23
08-27-2002, 01:30 AM
Cora tried to steal second, and he dove head first into the bag, but his head hit Tony Womack's knee and it SNAPPED back. It took his helmet clear off his head. And he was on the ground for apparently 12 minutes and he barely moved, if he did at all.

Scary.

ilovemags30
08-27-2002, 01:34 AM
thank god hes ok.. my heart dropped when i turned it to the station.. seeing him lay there motionless and with a neck injury is a scary scene. i didnt see it.. but just thinking about what it looked like freaks me out

RedPinStripes
08-27-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Cora tried to steal second, and he dove head first into the bag, but his head hit Tony Womack's knee and it SNAPPED back. It took his helmet clear off his head. And he was on the ground for apparently 12 minutes and he barely moved, if he did at all.

Scary.

Ouch!