PDA

View Full Version : Konerko?

doublem23
08-27-2002, 01:02 AM
What the hell happened to him?!?!

I read the ESPN recap and all it said was that he left the game with a sore foot.

And 8 short of that elusive 100-RBI plateau.

Kilroy
08-27-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
What the hell happened to him?!?!

I read the ESPN recap and all it said was that he left the game with a sore foot.

Possible stress fracture...

doublem23
08-27-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Possible stress fracture...

Well, that's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper!

Who's getting a 4-day call up to the show?

RedPinStripes
08-27-2002, 01:13 AM

Well, that's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper!

Far as i know, there's no one worth talking about at 1b in our system. :(:

Kilroy
08-27-2002, 01:13 AM
PK will have an mri tomorrow, and then I'd expect that if its bad, 15 day DL, not bad, a few days rest because it's still sore. So we'll just look at Liefer more...

MisterB
08-27-2002, 01:15 AM

As near as I can figure, the only remaining position players on the Sox' 40-man roster now are Jason Dellaero and Miguel Olivo. :o:

Edit: but i believe due to recent trades our 40-man actually is at 38. I sense a minor league contract being purchased in the near future...

voodoochile
08-27-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by MisterB

As near as I can figure, the only remaining position players on the Sox' 40-man roster now are Jason Dellaero and Miguel Olivo. :o:

Edit: but i believe due to recent trades our 40-man actually is at 38. I sense a minor league contract being purchased in the near future...

Do they have to or can they wait until the strike situation plays out. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox go short on the roster if possible. What good is it to add people to it who can only go on strike in the advent of a walkout?

doublem23
08-27-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Yeah, the only one I've heard anything about is Casey Rogowski, but he's not ready for the big leagues yet.

MisterB
08-27-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

:hurt
AHEM!

doublem23
08-27-2002, 01:28 AM
:jerry
Why, I bet I could stick Willie Harris at first, and then give Carlos a chance to fill in at second. He seems big enough so nothing would get past him. The Royce could play in left so he quits bitching about being benched. Maybe he could lead off. And then to screw with some kids' heads, we'll put Maggs in center, Crede can catch, Johnson can play right, and Frank could play third. I think that's what he needs to clear his head. Oh, and Graffanino can DH. I mean, you swing with your arms, right? I'll give him so vitamins that heal people SUPER FAST!

Oh, Josh Paul. Get that arm loose, you're startin' tomorrow. Boy, I love versatility.

It's good to be the boss.

WhiteSox = Life
08-27-2002, 04:04 AM
Wait a sec... If Josh Paul pitches, then that means that Crede, the new catcher, will wind up popping his ACL, too! Crap!

Actually, although that line-up could not be more messed-up (unless all RP's were the starting line-up and played the field, while the IF were the starters in the rotation), I was wondering what caused Paulie to leave the game?

He had been battling a sore foot for a few days, and, today, he leaves the game early. Did something happen? Or did it just happen by a freak of nature?

:hitless
"You rang?"

rmusacch
08-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Do they have to or can they wait until the strike situation plays out. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox go short on the roster if possible. What good is it to add people to it who can only go on strike in the advent of a walkout?

From what I have heard, they may allow guys on the 40 man roster to play during the strike if they are not up in the big leagues. Of course, this would not affect if we had to call up a player.

rmusacch
08-27-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by MisterB

It is actually at 37.

voodoochile
08-27-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

From what I have heard, they may allow guys on the 40 man roster to play during the strike if they are not up in the big leagues. Of course, this would not affect if we had to call up a player.

Yeah, but it might affect next spring if the owners go with replacement players. I don't expect the 40-50th roster players to play, but if they are not on the roster, they are at least eligible to play. JR clearly has an eye on the future. I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of their thinking.

The question still remains. Do the Sox have to bring the roster up to 40, or can they keep it short if they want to?

Daver
08-27-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

The question still remains. Do the Sox have to bring the roster up to 40, or can they keep it short if they want to?

Your roster cannot exceed 40 players,nothing says it has to be 40 players......

voodoochile
08-27-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by daver

Your roster cannot exceed 40 players,nothing says it has to be 40 players......

I would expect the Sox to keep it below 40 until a new CBA is reached. JR would be an idiot to move guys onto the roster only to have them go on strike and remove the possibility of them playing for his replacement team next spring.