Valentin 3B
Thomas
Ordonez
Konerko
Liefer
Jimenez SS
Paul
Harris

I think we found a new person to SCREW Crede out of PT....and his name is D'Angelo Jimenez

voodoochile
08-26-2002, 06:44 PM
Well, they do have a very brief window to take a look at this guy, so someone is going to have to sit. Crede or Manos, take your pick. At least it isn't Royce screwing Crede out of PT...

doublem23
08-26-2002, 06:54 PM
Kid goes 0-3 yesterday? So how do we try and ensure he doesn't go in a slump???

SIT HIS ASS!

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Kid goes 0-3 yesterday? So how do we try and ensure he doesn't go in a slump???

SIT HIS ASS!

Slump? Nah. Season ends on Friday, so relax.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-26-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Slump? Nah. Season ends on Friday, so relax.

:cleo
"JM is right!"

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-26-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Well, they do have a very brief window to take a look at this guy, so someone is going to have to sit. Crede or Manos, take your pick. At least it isn't Royce screwing Crede out of PT...

EXCELLENT POINT!

RedPinStripes
08-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Now this is stupid. Valentin has a hard enough time playing 3b, then he's moved to SS, now he's back to 3rd? We better not go through this **** next year with Valentin and Crede at 3rd. :angry:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-26-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Now this is stupid. Valentin has a hard enough time playing 3b, then he's moved to SS, now he's back to 3rd? We better not go through this **** next year with Valentin and Crede at 3rd. :angry:

Even if there is a next year I think Manuel will make sox fans pull their own hair again with his crazy tinkering.

Tragg
08-26-2002, 10:16 PM
It's incredibly stupid not to play crede.

But even more stupid is the fact that PARQUE IS STILL ON THIS TEAM. He's worse than Embree last year, worse than Ritchie this year.

Why?

Jerry_Manuel
08-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

For one day he's at third. The season ends Friday, take a chill pill.

Originally posted by Tragg
But even more stupid is the fact that PARQUE IS STILL ON THIS TEAM. He's worse than Embree last year, worse than Ritchie this year.

Why?

Does it matter? Parque isn't holding anyone back, Biddle would be in the rotation if they felt he's physically ready for it.

Tragg
08-27-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

For one day he's at third. The season ends Friday, take a chill pill.

Does it matter? Parque isn't holding anyone back, Biddle would be in the rotation if they felt he's physically ready for it.

How about using a player that one day may contribute - there are several players who need the work and experience. Start Foulke - they said they might, he's not doing much in long relief.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-27-2002, 07:37 AM
How about using a player that one day may contribute - there are several players who need the work and experience. Start Foulke - they said they might, he's not doing much in long relief.

Personally, I think giving Foulke some spot starts would only make the problem worse. He has only two pitches, and one of them is so touchy, he's worthless whenever he starts tipping it.

The chances Foulke would ever become an effective starter are slim and none. Giving him a start only increases the pressure to give him more starts.

Feeding this guy's delusion about being a starter makes no sense.

Iguana775
08-27-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Personally, I think giving Foulke some spot starts would only make the problem worse. He has only two pitches, and one of them is so touchy, he's worthless whenever he starts tipping it.

The chances Foulke would ever become an effective starter are slim and none. Giving him a start only increases the pressure to give him more starts.

until i see him start, i will not say he cannot start. he did have 4 pitches when he did start. he just doesnt forget how to throw them. it is a matter of polishing them up and getting his conditioning back.

Tragg
08-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

George, how could Foulke possibly be worse than Parque? I understand that Foulke only uses 2, but that he has more than need development. I don't see a downside.

Daver
08-27-2002, 09:38 PM

George, how could Foulke possibly be worse than Parque? I understand that Foulke only uses 2, but that he has more than need development. I don't see a downside.

Foulke was converted to a closer for a reason,he can only throw two pitches for strikes,without a lengthy spell of learning in the minors he would be worthless in a start.

Iguana775
08-27-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by daver

Foulke was converted to a closer for a reason,he can only throw two pitches for strikes,without a lengthy spell of learning in the minors he would be worthless in a start.

did he just use 2 pitches when he threw 123 innings a few years back?

Daver
08-27-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

did he just use 2 pitches when he threw 123 innings a few years back?

He threw two for strikes.....