PDA

View Full Version : UpperDeck to undergo Renovation?...

nut_stock
08-25-2002, 11:26 PM
This was posted on the whitesox.com message board:

"The word that I got from employees on the Upper Deck today was that they have been told that their last day of work for the season in the upper deck is Wednesday, strike or no strike, so that work can be done on the upper deck. This would be to continue the renovations in preparation for the All Star Game but no one knew exaclty this renovation entails.
Who I heard this from, very reliable.

I was also told that if there is baseball the rest of this season, we will get new tickets to reseat us down below in exchange for the tickets we already have.

Does anyone know anything about this? "

TornLabrum
08-25-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
This was posted on the whitesox.com message board:

"The word that I got from employees on the Upper Deck today was that they have been told that their last day of work for the season in the upper deck is Wednesday, strike or no strike, so that work can be done on the upper deck. This would be to continue the renovations in preparation for the All Star Game but no one knew exaclty this renovation entails.
Who I heard this from, very reliable.

I was also told that if there is baseball the rest of this season, we will get new tickets to reseat us down below in exchange for the tickets we already have.

Does anyone know anything about this? "

The last I heard the Sox would not be doing any more major renovations because they didn't get a corporate sponsor for the ball park. Maybe they anticipate a new deal with United Airlines.

CubKilla
08-26-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

The last I heard the Sox would not be doing any more major renovations because they didn't get a corporate sponsor for the ball park. Maybe they anticipate a new deal with United Airlines.

Ditto..... except on the sarcasm part. LOL

RedPinStripes
08-26-2002, 12:45 AM
Jerry didn't pay for that park to begin with . The least he can do is fix the **** ups and put an "old Comiskey " home run porch in the outfield I-beams and green seats included!

RKMeibalane
08-26-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Jerry didn't pay for that park to begin with . The least he can do is fix the **** ups and put an "old Comiskey " home run porch in the outfield I-beams and green seats included!

I second that. The current outfield and upper deck seats at Comiskey are worthless. It would be nice to see a homerun porch in right or left field- either one would work when Borchard shows up. Judging by photographs I've seen, Old Comiskey kind of reminds me of Tiger Stadium because of the way the outfield was designed.

RedPinStripes
08-26-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

I second that. The current outfield and upper deck seats at Comiskey are worthless. It would be nice to see a homerun porch in right or left field- either one would work when Borchard shows up. Judging by photographs I've seen, Old Comiskey kind of reminds me of Tiger Stadium because of the way the outfield was designed.

LF and RF were similar at tiger stadium. Since they were built around the same time they were very similar. I went to tiger stadium once and i thought it was one of the coolest places to watch a baseball game. There was nothing wrong with it IMO. it was in better shape then Comiskey was.

:reinsy
"I wanted that damn park gone since day one. Funny how you can get what you want for free when you'll let an 80 year old building go to hell and threaten to move the team. I like the 90's version of Yankee stadium that i got for free.

RKMeibalane
08-26-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
"I wanted that damn park gone since day one. Funny how you can get what you want for free when you'll let an 80 year old building go to hell and threaten to move the team. I like the 90's version of Yankee stadium that i got for free.

Jerry Reinsdorf, get the HELL OUT!

CubKilla
08-26-2002, 02:11 AM
In all seriousness though, I did hear that the proposed "3rd Stage Comiskey Park Renovations" were partly going to be paid for with monies coming from the Soldier Field renovation. The exact numbers and why the White Sox would get millions of $$$$$ from the Soldier Field renovations is unknown to me though. Just something I heard. Anyone else hear about this? Is there enough money from this to complete the 3rd Stage? God knows JR isn't going to pay one dime out of his pocket if he doesn't have to to renovate his baby.

TornLabrum
08-26-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
In all seriousness though, I did hear that the proposed "3rd Stage Comiskey Park Renovations" were partly going to be paid for with monies coming from the Soldier Field renovation. The exact numbers and why the White Sox would get millions of $$$$$ from the Soldier Field renovations is unknown to me though. Just something I heard. Anyone else hear about this? Is there enough money from this to complete the 3rd Stage? God knows JR isn't going to pay one dime out of his pocket if he doesn't have to to renovate his baby.

As I recall it, the money Reinsdorf got for allow Soldier Field to be renovated (and how he managed to tie that to Comiskey Park, I'll never know) was a one-time deal. That paid for the brick, new concession stands and new batters eye this year. Phase III was supposed to be paid for by HFC or Motorola or whoever they were courting for naming rights.

"You'd think there'd be some other sucker...er...generous company like Minute Maid to sponsor Comiskey Park wouldn't you?"

Chisox_cali
08-26-2002, 02:15 AM
Let's hope they do this:

http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/images/comiskey1.jpg

RedPinStripes
08-26-2002, 03:14 AM
Kick ass! Time to pay Jerry.

nut_stock
08-26-2002, 11:46 AM
I would guess that since the naming rights were not sold, any improvements would be a much scaled back version.

RedPinStripes
08-26-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I would guess that since the naming rights were not sold, any improvements would be a much scaled back version.

Did you expect anything less from JR?

doublem23
08-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

I second that. The current outfield and upper deck seats at Comiskey are worthless. It would be nice to see a homerun porch in right or left field- either one would work when Borchard shows up.

I like the outfield seats (at least the left field bleachers) the way they are right now.

RedPinStripes
08-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I like the outfield seats (at least the left field bleachers) the way they are right now.

Anything in the lower deck in that park is great IMO. Not everyone remembers this, but where new comiskey's upper deck starts, is where the old one ended in depth. You were on top of the field everywhere in that park eventhough thre might have been an i-beam in your way. But they did put tv's on the beams in every section.

MarqSox
08-26-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I concur. Not that I'm opposed to a renovation, but the Comiskey bleacher section is my favorite place to sit in any park.