PDA

View Full Version : Oakland sweeps Boston, takes over Wild Card lead

danman31
08-09-2001, 05:18 PM
Wow! Mulder Hudson and Zito dominated the Red Sox. I'd hate to see what they can do in the playoffs. They could sweep us like you know who did last year. The scores for the 3 games were 5-2, 6-1, 6-0. WOW!!! Absolute domination. We need to get hot soon because Oakland is and has been hot for a while. Let's just hope we can win the division because I don't think we can catch Oakland.

FarWestChicago
08-09-2001, 05:22 PM
Wow! Mulder Hudson and Zito dominated the Red Sox. I'd hate to see what they can do in the playoffs. They could sweep us like you know who did last year. The scores for the 3 games were 5-2, 6-1, 6-0. WOW!!! Absolute domination. We need to get hot soon because Oakland is and has been hot for a while. Let's just hope we can win the division because I don't think we can catch Oakland.

We definitely have a better shot at the Division than we do the Wild Card. Oakland is en fuego and shows no sign of letting up. It's really nice living out here watching Billy Beane and Brian Sabean make moves as the trading deadline approaches that send these clubs on tears...while we got, well....ummmm....uhhhh....

voodoochile
08-09-2001, 05:24 PM
It's really nice living out here watching Billy Beane and Brian Sabean make moves as the trading deadline approaches that send these clubs on tears...while we got, well....ummmm....uhhhh....

So that is your definition of "nice"... What's your definition of fun, getting a root canal?

Soxboyrob
08-09-2001, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Let's just hope we can win the division because I don't think we can catch Oakland.

I've got to hand it to you....that is some optimistic thinking. What the hell, let's not just win the division. Let's win 100 games this season while we're at it.

FarWestChicago
08-09-2001, 05:28 PM
So that is your definition of "nice"... What's your definition of fun, getting a root canal?

LOL!! I'm telling you, I don't have to suffer like some of you do at the hands of the great, unwashed Flubbie masses; but to sit around and listen to the Giants and A's fans argue about which of their GM's is the best in the game, and for them to have legitimate agruments, is a bit rough. Fortunately, none of them seemed to pick up on the Very Berry saga or I could have really gotten ragged on....

danman31
08-09-2001, 05:28 PM
I've got to hand it to you....that is some optimistic thinking. What the hell, let's not just win the division. Let's win 100 games this season while we're at it.

I meant that we didn't have any shot at the wild card, and our only hope of the playoffs are winning the division.

voodoochile
08-09-2001, 05:36 PM
I agree... catching Oakland will be very difficult. Throw Boston into that equation and it becomes almost impossible for the Sox to win the WC. Meanwhile the two teams that lead our division both have glaring weaknesses. If the Sox are going to make the playoffs, it will be because they won the division...

FWC...

:KW
"LA has been Berry Barry bad to me..."

I propose we start callin him Konny because he definitely (k)onned is way into this job...

FarWestChicago
08-09-2001, 05:40 PM
I propose we start callin him Konny because he definitely (k)onned is way into this job...

LOL!! He certainly isn't in the same league with these damn locals out here.

Bmr31
08-09-2001, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by danman31

Gee what a surprise. Oakland is the best team in the AL.