PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about wsi.......

RedPinStripes
08-25-2002, 11:18 AM
The tour of old comiskey. Man that brings back memories eventhough i've looked through it at least 20 times.

My favorite pic here........ This park had so much detail that was covered by white paint. too bad i was never able to see the park like this as a kid. i wasn't even a thought. :D:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/OldComiskey/50smaingate.jpg

TornLabrum
08-25-2002, 11:29 AM
Growing up 60 miles from the city, I was only able to go to the old ball park a few times before Bill Veeck painted it so that it looked like a riverboat had docked at 35th and Shields. I always liked the unpainted brick better.

voodoochile
08-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Growing up 60 miles from the city, I was only able to go to the old ball park a few times before Bill Veeck painted it so that it looked like a riverboat had docked at 35th and Shields. I always liked the unpainted brick better.

I never saw it when it wasn't painted white. That is a great picture. I totally agree. The brick is much nicer...

RedPinStripes
08-25-2002, 11:35 AM

This might piss some of the younger fans off, but if they were to wreck teh new park and build a clone of the old one (with more restroom space) :D: I'd take it over the new park in a minute.

whitesoxwilkes
08-25-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

This might piss some of the younger fans off, but if they were to wreck teh new park and build a clone of the old one (with more restroom space) :D: I'd take it over the new park in a minute.

I would too, and Old Comiskey was torn down 2 years before I even moved here. between what I've heard here and what the old timers tell me at the park, sounds like it was something special.

TornLabrum
08-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

I would too, and Old Comiskey was torn down 2 years before I even moved here. between what I've heard here and what the old timers tell me at the park, sounds like it was something special.

What was really special was going out the left field gate (to where Lot A is now) and slogging through the inch or two of "water" on the floor that had flowed out of the men's room. The plumbing wasn't the best.

voodoochile
08-25-2002, 12:03 PM

What was really special was going out the left field gate (to where Lot A is now) and slogging through the inch or two of "water" on the floor that had flowed out of the men's room. The plumbing wasn't the best.

Memories... like the corners of my mind...
Golden coated floating memories...

Daver
08-25-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Memories... like the corners of my mind...
Golden coated floating memories...

Quoting anything by the Carpenters is just plain wrong........

TornLabrum
08-25-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by daver

Quoting anything by the Carpenters is just plain wrong........

That was Barbra Streisand.

Daver
08-25-2002, 12:10 PM

That was Barbra Streisand.

Her too.......

The Carpenters covered it,my sister used to play it all the time till I broke the tape....

voodoochile
08-25-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by daver

Her too.......

The Carpenters covered it,my sister used to play it all the time till I broke the tape....

Smart man...

Barbara at least has some decent songs if you like female crooners...

TornLabrum
08-25-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Smart man...

Barbara at least has some decent songs if you like female crooners...

Barbra didn't croon. She screeched.

Ol Aches & Pains
08-25-2002, 09:44 PM
That pic is the wallpaper on my computer at work, it has gotten a lot of reaction from co-workers who remember the old park, and some who didn't know there ever was an old park. They must think the current monstrosity has been there forever.