PDA

View Full Version : This from a grown man

irish rover
08-24-2002, 11:10 AM
this from a USA Today article on him and how the coob has faired very poorly with him as thier leader, also keep in mind that he is suppose to be a grown man

"Sosa admits he was taken aback by insinuations following his blowup earlier this season with Sports Illustrated's Rick Riely, who suggested Sosa take a laboratory test to prove he wasn't on steroids.

'That was unprofessional', says Sosa, livid that someone would single him out for such a request. 'He knows in his heart that he shouldn't have approached me like that and take advantage of my innocence.'"

I'm sorry can't stop laughing

he also refered to himself several times as a superstar

cheeses_h_rice
08-24-2002, 01:07 PM
Apparently the "superstar" whiffed last night with men on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs in the 9th and the Coob trailing by just one run.

Now, if it had been in Colorado with the Coob up or down 9-2, it'd be SAMMY TIME!!!

SOXSINCE'70
08-24-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
this from a USA Today article on him and how the coob has faired very poorly with him as thier leader, also keep in mind that he is suppose to be a grown man

"Sosa admits he was taken aback by insinuations following his blowup earlier this season with Sports Illustrated's Rick Riely, who suggested Sosa take a laboratory test to prove he wasn't on steroids.

'That was unprofessional', says Sosa, livid that someone would single him out for such a request. 'He knows in his heart that he shouldn't have approached me like that and take advantage of my innocence.'"

I'm sorry can't stop laughing

he also refered to himself several times as a superstar

And "Coob" fans can't understand why Sox fans call him a wife beater and a putz.And those are the polite names for "Mr.Ouchy Toe".

:roidduck
"It's all about me!!"

:sellreinsy

DVG
08-24-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70

And "Coob" fans can't understand why Sox fans call him a wife beater and a putz.And those are the polite names for "Mr.Ouchy Toe".

:roidduck
"It's all about me!!"

Strange you should mention the wife-beating incident. I was
listening to Les Grobstein on the radio a couple of weeks back and he referred to Wil Cordero (remember him) as "the wife
beater."

If I were on the radio I would refer to Sammy as "Rum Bottle Man"
every chance I got.

RKMeibalane
08-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Frank Thomas shows up late for game that he was not going to play in. Every sports columnist in Chicago rips him.

Sammy Sosa beats up his wife, using a rum bottle. Nothing happens.

What's wrong with this picture? And people wonder why Sox fans hate the Cubs.

DVG
08-25-2002, 12:57 AM
Of course, we must remember that the rum bottle incident
happened when he was with the Sox. I say this because if
he was still with them, it wouldn't matter how many home
runs he hit every year. Every sports media creature in
Chicago would still be reminding us of it.

:moron

I resemble that remark!!!!!!!!

:ass

DDDAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm da smartest guy on da radio!!!
(drool drool slobber.)

SOXSINCE'70
08-25-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by DVG

listening to Les Grobstein on the radio a couple of weeks back and he referred to Wil Cordero (remember him) as "the wife
beater."

every chance I got.

I stand corrected.Thanks!

:firejerryNOW!!

TornLabrum
08-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by DVG

beater."

every chance I got.

I think in the Grobber's world, wife beating involves the used of a telephone only. Rum bottles don't count.