PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Young(YAWN)Pitching Staff

ChiSoxBobette
08-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Well I was at the game last night I will be at the game tonight and again Sunday and I know someone is going to post something about me not knowing what I'm talking about ,but will someone tell me why everyone thinks this guy Garland is so good or as everyone keeps saying "he's only 22 years old". he may be only 22 but that does'nt mean he's any good or will be any good . Yeah I know he did'nt get any run support last night but that does'nt mean anything either because whatever he was throwing up there was'nt major league stuff. I think that if what Manuel said just recently is true about these young pitchers auditioning for next year well then Jon Garland does'nt get the part in the play because he stinks play and simply. Lets face it today Sat. 24 Aug. we have Dan Wright going - the guys a releif pitcher at best, Sunday 25 Aug. we have Gary Glover going - he's already proved he's better coming out of the bullpen then we have Jim Parque who the only reason they have him up and pitching in the majors is because they hope someone sees the guy and thinks he can still pitch so they'll take him off our hands.
We Have only 2 pitchers and a maybe - Mark Buehrle starting and Damaso Marte in the bullpenwho Throw major league stuff our maybe is Keith Foulke who I can't beleive was as good as he was the last few years and now he lost it I think he just needs to develope another pitch to go along with his fastball and changeup.
Jon Garland is never going to be even a #3 or #4 starter he's to inconsistent takes way to much time in between piches which gets the fielders back on thier heels waiting and he gives up way to many hits/homers when hes ahead of the batters as was the case last night . I wish we as Sox fans stop saying this guy is only 22 maybe he's 22 but that does'nt mean he's any good or will be any good. Now for the other 2 Wright & Glover well audition #2 is today #3 Sunday and lets remember who we're playing the team with the worst record in the American League.
I Know, I Know He's Only 22 Years Old And I Have To Give Him A Chance.
:(: :angry: :?:

WinningUgly!
08-24-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Well I was at the game last night I will be at the game tonight and again Sunday and I know someone is going to post something about me not knowing what I'm talking about ,but will someone tell me why everyone thinks this guy Garland is so good or as everyone keeps saying "he's only 22 years old". he may be only 22 but that does'nt mean he's any good or will be any good . Yeah I know he did'nt get any run support last night but that does'nt mean anything either because whatever he was throwing up there was'nt major league stuff. I think that if what Manuel said just recently is true about these young pitchers auditioning for next year well then Jon Garland does'nt get the part in the play because he stinks play and simply. Lets face it today Sat. 24 Aug. we have Dan Wright going - the guys a releif pitcher at best, Sunday 25 Aug. we have Gary Glover going - he's already proved he's better coming out of the bullpen then we have Jim Parque who the only reason they have him up and pitching in the majors is because they hope someone sees the guy and thinks he can still pitch so they'll take him off our hands.
We Have only 2 pitchers and a maybe - Mark Buehrle starting and Damaso Marte in the bullpenwho Throw major league stuff our maybe is Keith Foulke who I can't beleive was as good as he was the last few years and now he lost it I think he just needs to develope another pitch to go along with his fastball and changeup.
Jon Garland is never going to be even a #3 or #4 starter he's to inconsistent takes way to much time in between piches which gets the fielders back on thier heels waiting and he gives up way to many hits/homers when hes ahead of the batters as was the case last night . I wish we as Sox fans stop saying this guy is only 22 maybe he's 22 but that does'nt mean he's any good or will be any good. Now for the other 2 Wright & Glover well audition #2 is today #3 Sunday and lets remember who we're playing the team with the worst record in the American League.
I Know, I Know He's Only 22 Years Old And I Have To Give Him A Chance.
:(: :angry: :?:

I agree with a part of your post...today is August 24th. :D:

voodoochile
08-24-2002, 11:59 AM
Okay, why do you keep posting this? We know you don't like JG. You don't have to keep beating the horse. It is dead and it won't be moving anymore...

I'd go back and find the link to the last time you asked this question so you could re-read all the answers, but I'm a lazy, lazy man...

WinningUgly!
08-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Okay, why do you keep posting this? We know you don't like JG. You don't have to keep beating the horse. It is dead and it won't be moving anymore...

I'd go back and find the link to the last time you asked this question so you could re-read all the answers, but I'm a lazy, lazy man...

Here it is for anybody that missed it. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14234)

Don't worry--if you missed either one, (or both) of ChiSoxBob's anti-Garland posts, the next one is due in about seven days. :D:

BuehrleACE56
08-24-2002, 02:45 PM
LOL :smile: