PDA

View Full Version : Crede Harris and Valentin

Chisox_cali
08-24-2002, 01:47 AM
Happy together: The White Sox could have three-fourths of their starting infield playing together in winter ball. Second baseman Willie Harris, shortstop Jose Valentin and third baseman Joe Crede are expected to be teammates on the Mayaguez team in Puerto Rico.

That's good that'll they get used to each other and be set for 2003, if there is baseball.

RedPinStripes
08-24-2002, 02:27 AM
If there is a strike, i don't think they can play. Anyone on teh 40 man roster will have to sit out as far as i know.

Chisox_cali
08-24-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
If there is a strike, i don't think they can play. Anyone on teh 40 man roster will have to sit out as far as i know.

Hmmm I really don't know if they can or can't. Is the winter leagues is Puerto Rico MLB sanctioned?

RedPinStripes
08-24-2002, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Hmmm I really don't know if they can or can't. Is the winter leagues is Puerto Rico MLB sanctioned?

Yeah. you might be right. I know they can't play in the AFL.

34 Inch Stick
08-24-2002, 01:55 PM
What? No Jeff Liefer at 1st base.

RKMeibalane
08-24-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
What? No Jeff Liefer at 1st base.

Liefer doesn't want to play for the Sox anymore. You may remember his tirade from just before the AS Break. Besides, I don't think he's cut out to play first base. I'd rather see Konerko, or even the Big Hurt playing there. Liefer can play RF whenever Ordonez needs a day off.

MisterB
08-25-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

The Caribbean winter leagues are not affiliated with MLB. It has just been an 'unwritten agreement' by MLB to allow ML players to play there. For example, a club may encourage or discourage a player from playing winter ball, but he cannot be made to play or not play, it is up to the player.

Chisox_cali
08-25-2002, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by MisterB

The Caribbean winter leagues are not affiliated with MLB. It has just been an 'unwritten agreement' by MLB to allow ML players to play there. For example, a club may encourage or discourage a player from playing winter ball, but he cannot be made to play or not play, it is up to the player.

Sweet so they can get some experience together.