PDA

View Full Version : Yawn, Sox Lay Down Again

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-23-2002, 09:29 PM
Nothing follows as the title line speaks for itself.

RKMeibalane
08-23-2002, 09:55 PM
This game will go down in WSI history as "The Revenge of Tanyon Sturtze."

Good grief! The only positive from this game was that Crede cranked out his second homer.

RedPinStripes
08-23-2002, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure if it's good that we covered the bears instead. They lost too. but not to the DEVIL RAYS! :angry:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-23-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I'm not sure if it's good that we covered the bears instead. They lost too. but not to the DEVIL RAYS! :angry:

Not only did you jinx the bears :D: but you may have had them shut you down.

GASHWOUND
08-23-2002, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Nothing follows as the title line speaks for itself.

[B]YAWN

Isn't that this years Sox slogan?

GASHWOUND
08-23-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I don't know..The Jags were the equivalent of the D-Rays, in pre-season anyway..They had only scored 3 points TOTAL the previous 2 pre-season games.
This lost sucked big time..

Viva Magglio
08-24-2002, 12:06 AM
I was among the 27,988 announced there tonight. Until the 9th inning, when Tanyon was tired, we showed no heart. This was certainly nothing new, yet the frustration never ceases when you see this. I thought Maggs was robbed by great catches three times, and Jon Garland did not have it...again.

Ho hum.....

TornLabrum
08-24-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I was among the 27,988 announced there tonight. Until the 9th inning, when Tanyon was tired, we showed no heart. This was certainly nothing new, yet the frustration never ceases when you see this. I thought Maggs was robbed by great catches three times, and Jon Garland did not have it...again.

Ho hum.....

And somehow I think the whole pitch count thing has something to do with the lack of stamina I'm seeing in our pitchers. Of course I know nothing about kinesiology, so it's simply a half-baked theory, which is the most common kind on sports message boards. :D:

CLR01
08-24-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Ho hum.....

I was there also and the whole day sucked. From the game to the "concert" right through to the fireworks, atlast there was no traffic on the way home. Maggs would have had a multi HR game had the wind been blowing.

chisoxfanatic
08-24-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

I don't know..The Jags were the equivalent of the D-Rays, in pre-season anyway..They had only scored 3 points TOTAL the previous 2 pre-season games.
This lost sucked big time..
Just remember that the 1985 Bears went 1-3 in the preseason!

Heather the Redbird