PDA

View Full Version : Sox board of directors urging Reinsdorf to sell?


Foulke You
08-23-2002, 06:05 PM
I was listening to Boers and Hanley (Bernstein was off) on the Score this morning and Jimmy Piersall was talking to them and in their baseball conversation he said that the White Sox are a mess (as if we didn't know) and that the board of directors is urging Jerry Reinsdorf to sell his interest in the team. He didn't elaborate any furthur. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Does Piersall have some kind of information pipeline that nobody in the Chicago media has or is he just a senile old coot? It almost sounds too wonderful to believe.

:reinsy
"I'll never sell! NEVER!"

Daver
08-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I was listening to Boers and Hanley (Bernstein was off) on the Score this morning and Jimmy Piersall was talking to them and in their baseball conversation he said that the White Sox are a mess (as if we didn't know) and that the board of directors is urging Jerry Reinsdorf to sell his interest in the team. He didn't elaborate any furthur. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Does Piersall have some kind of information pipeline that nobody in the Chicago media has or is he just a senile old coot? It almost sounds too wonderful to believe.

:reinsy
"I'll never sell! NEVER!"

Sounds like Jimmy forgot to take his meds this morning,or his mental illness is reaching new heights.

doublem23
08-23-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by daver


Sounds like Jimmy forgot to take his meds this morning,or his mental illness is reaching new heights.

Mental illness = side effect of Sox fandom.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-23-2002, 07:19 PM
I truly wish this news came from a source more reliable than Jimmy Piersall.

In fact, ANY source other than Jimmy Piersall.

Foulke You
08-23-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I truly wish this news came from a source more reliable than Jimmy Piersall.

In fact, ANY source other than Jimmy Piersall.

Yeah, I figured it was just Piersall's senility but any report of Reinsdorf selling even though it was from Grandpa Abe Simpson, I thought was worth noting. Come to think of it, Boers didn't even respond to that comment. He probably was just shaking his head in the studio. Too bad Bernstein wasn't there because I think he'd have followed it up with questioning.

TornLabrum
08-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You


Yeah, I figured it was just Piersall's senility but any report of Reinsdorf selling even though it was from Grandpa Abe Simpson, I thought was worth noting. Come to think of it, Boers didn't even respond to that comment. He probably was just shaking his head in the studio. Too bad Bernstein wasn't there because I think he'd have followed it up with questioning.

Only problem is no one would have understood Bernstein's questions.