PDA

View Full Version : Last Night...

RKMeibalane
08-23-2002, 03:31 PM
...I was watching highlights of the A's game on Baseball Tonight. I saw that David Justice did not slide when there was a play at the plate. Funny how no one said anything negative about him not sliding. If Frank had done that, I'm sure someone would have made a joke about it.

It is worth mentioning that Justice was safe on the play because he stepped on Enar Diaz's finger, and the ball got away as a result.

Kilroy
08-23-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...Funny how no one said anything negative about him not sliding...

If Frank had done that, the Chicago media would have made it seem as though he was digging the hearts out of live kittens with a spoon. Wait, they already did that...

This town loves to hate Frank Thomas...

RKMeibalane
08-23-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
This town loves to hate Frank Thomas...

Yes, it does. What bothers me about the situation is that if Frank is playing somewhere else next season, and he is putting up typical Frank Thomas numbers, I'm sure Jay Mariotti will be the first one to criticize Sox management for letting Thomas go.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

if Frank is playing somewhere else next season, and he is putting up typical Frank Thomas numbers, I'm sure Jay Mariotti will be the first one to criticize Sox management for letting Thomas go.

Are you kidding? Jay is one of the best "after it happened" psychics in this City!
:moron
"How could the White Sox let go of Mike Cameron, who by the way is one of the best players in baseball not named Sammy Sosa! I mean the Sox let go of this guy and who did they get? Paul Konerko? Sure, he has had a breakout season but has he ever hit four, that's right! count 'em FOUR homeruns in one game??? And to believe that the folks at WSI think I'm a moron!