PDA

View Full Version : Super! 3 homers for Sammy!!!!

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 04:00 PM
Rockies:14
Cub: 5

Sosa with 3 more meaningless home runs

:shammy
team?

Viva Magglio
08-09-2001, 04:03 PM
Did you love the bow I took with us down nine runs?

voodoochile
08-09-2001, 04:04 PM
I'm sorry, that's crap...

I'm not a ShamME fan, but he has hit 3 HR today, would the flubbies be winning this game if he had 3 singles? No, they'd be losing at least 14-2. Come on...

It's a team loss because the team gave up 14 runs... Sounds like ShamME is the only one who came to play...

Chisox353014
08-09-2001, 04:07 PM
Now these are the Flubs we all know and love. The sad thing is, most of those morons will go home happy after seeing ShamME hit 3 zingers. And they'll fail to notice their bullpen "savior" Weathers got his butt served to him on a platter today.

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I'm sorry, that's crap...

I'm not a ShamME fan, but he has hit 3 HR today, would the flubbies be winning this game if he had 3 singles? No, they'd be losing at least 14-2. Come on...

It's a team loss because the team gave up 14 runs... Sounds like ShamME is the only one who came to play...

Hampton has shut them down today, besides for Sosa and McGriff nobody on the team can hit. You can see they are trying as hard as they can but with Hampton on the hill their weak hitters had no chance. But I can see your side as well.

LuvChiSox
08-09-2001, 04:14 PM
The other day, the Cubune called the Sox's 9-3 loss to the Angels an "embarassment". Wonder what they'll say after this fiasco between the flubs and Rockies?

"SamME smashes 3 homers!!!!! Blah blah blah!!!! woohoo!!!

oh and the cubs lose 21-5...."

CubKiller
08-09-2001, 04:15 PM
I don't care who it is and how many (HRs) you hit, you don't bow when you're down 14-5.

Sosa's an idiot and no one (especially here) needs to stick up for him.

Fisk Fan
08-09-2001, 04:16 PM
Typical......

Flubs fans are happy to trade three Sally So-So homers for a much needed win. One-run shots BTW.

What a bunch of know-nothing idiots!

Did he actually take a bow?

Jjav829
08-09-2001, 04:17 PM
I have the game on and I'll be rooting hard for an out next time Sosa's up. Also must Tom Gordon point to the sky everytime he ends an inning? I can see doing it after a save but they are 9 runs down and after getting the third out with one man one he points to the sky.

FarWestChicago
08-09-2001, 04:17 PM
Did you love the bow I took with us down nine runs?

Is this true? If so, this is exactly what makes Sham-ME and Flubbie fans so despicable. If you are getting your ass handed to you, get it back in the dugout where it belongs.

The fans don't care about the score. I had 3 ZINGERS!!
That is what's important.

CubKiller
08-09-2001, 04:18 PM
I didn't see the bow, but that's what ˇViva Mágglio! says...

Jjav829
08-09-2001, 04:19 PM
Yes it's true. I have the game on and he did it.

cheeses_h_rice
08-09-2001, 04:23 PM
Are you sh*tting me?!? This team is down by almost 10 runs, and this egomaniac takes a frigging bow in an important game that they are blowing?

Christalmighty. Will wonders never cease...

Fisk Fan
08-09-2001, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry, I still cannot believe this!

This guy must have the biggest head on the face of the planet. I hope he doesn't shift the earth's gravitational pull with his fat ego!

There will probably be a picture of Sally on the front page of the Cubune tomorrow. I wonder if anyone will make a big deal out of this one, like when Manos mimicked Sosa's kissing thing.

Jjav829
08-09-2001, 04:31 PM
Sosa is out of the game so he won't have a chance at hitting a 4th HR. Thank God!!

Clarkdog
08-09-2001, 04:35 PM
Did Hampton bow when he hit is dinger?

Nice to see that Sham-me score as many runs as Colroado's pitcher.

I am jackass.

Chisox353014
08-09-2001, 04:40 PM
Sosa is out of the game so he won't have a chance at hitting a 4th HR. Thank God!!

What if he had hit #4? Would he have done a victory lap around Wrigley? Or would the Flubs just throw an impromptu ticker-tape parade down Addison St. for him?

Fisk Fan
08-09-2001, 04:49 PM
No, they would have all gone out drinking after the game!

Wait...... they do that no matter what!

voodoochile
08-09-2001, 05:15 PM
I didn't know about the bow when I stuck up for Sosa. That is clearly unacceptable. I would bet it is also the reason he got benched. How many times will a manager remove a player with 3 HR in one game? 4 is the "holy grail" of power hitters. It would be like taking a pitcher out who has a no-no going, it just isn't done. I'm not a huge Baylor fan, but he does understand what is important. He took ShamME out after the bow and now ShamME cannot pursue his individual goal. That sends a message to the team. Wins count, nothing else does...

ShamME will probably have a meltdown later.

I still say a guy who has hit 3 HR in one game is doing his part for the team. The rest of it is a different story. If any other player hit 3 HR in one game, they wouldn't be getting ripped by any fans on this board.

FarWestChicago
08-09-2001, 05:18 PM
How many times will a manager remove a player with 3 HR in one game? 4 is the "holy grail" of power hitters. It would be like taking a pitcher out who has a no-no going, it just isn't done.

You have a point there. I wonder if Baylor was trying to send a message about hot dogging on the wrong end of a demolition.

voodoochile
08-09-2001, 05:21 PM
If the three came in a row, he would still have a chance to tie the record if he homers in his first AB tomorrow. Didn't Bo do it that way?

doublem23
08-09-2001, 11:08 PM
Valentin blows kisses to the fans after a game-tying home run and he is a jerk.

Sammy takes a bow after hitting 3 homers, despite the fact his team is losing by 9 runs and he's just acknowleding the fans.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Cub fan credo: We're too think to drunk.