PDA

View Full Version : Manos

Chisox_cali
08-22-2002, 12:50 AM
Man has he been on fire these last couple days, and it sounds like from articles I've been reading that he's gonna be the starting shortstop next season. Funny what job secrurity can do to your on field performence. Kinda funny move him to the 2 hole where he was during 2000 and he starts hitting again.....Whudda Thunk It?

Chisox_cali
08-22-2002, 12:58 AM
Man what an awesome quote from Jose on what KW should do for next season:

"It's time to realize this is not about name guys. Just bring in players who really want to win"

If only he could be our GM. That quote might have o go in my sig it's so good. :smile:

WhiteSox = Life
08-22-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Man has he been on fire these last couple days, and it sounds like from articles I've been reading that he's gonna be the starting shortstop next season. Funny what job secrurity can do to your on field performence. Kinda funny move him to the 2 hole where he was during 2000 and he starts hitting again.....Whudda Thunk It?

Absolutely! Whether or not he'll get the starting position at SS next season remains to be seen since we never know what the "Tinkerer" has up his sleeve.

I think job security plays a role, consistently being put in the lineup at his position and batting behind a couple good hitters in Carlos, Maggs and Paul doesn't hurt either.

Here's to Jose continuing his play for the rest of this season and into the next one. :gulp:

Chisox_cali
08-22-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life

Absolutely! Whether or not he'll get the starting position at SS next season remains to be seen since we never know what the "Tinkerer" has up his sleeve.

I think job security plays a role, consistently being put in the lineup at his position and batting behind a couple good hitters in Carlos, Maggs and Paul doesn't hurt either.

Here's to Jose continuing his play for the rest of this season and into the next one. :gulp:

Well KW said that the position players for 2003 are basically set, the pitching staff, beside Buehrle, is having auditions now, which is kind of why I don't want a strike, because I want to see if Rauch can bring some of that recent minor league consistency to the Bigs.

WhiteSox = Life
08-22-2002, 01:16 AM

Well KW said that the position players for 2003 are basically set, the pitching staff, beside Buehrle, is having auditions now, which is kind of why I don't want a strike, because I want to see if Rauch can bring some of that recent minor league consistency to the Bigs.

I know Rauch has been doing very well lately, but even if the season does not end prematurely, I wouldn't like to bring him up since he's already had one rough experience in the Bigs and if he gets pounded again, who knows what kind of long-term effect it could have on him?

I'd rather see him do well in ST next year (assuming, again) and make the team for good to start the 2003 campaign.

Just my own humble opinion.

Chisox_cali
08-22-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life

I know Rauch has been doing very well lately, but even if the season does not end prematurely, I wouldn't like to bring him up since he's already had one rough experience in the Bigs and if he gets pounded again, who knows what kind of long-term effect it could have on him?

I'd rather see him do well in ST next year (assuming, again) and make the team for good to start the 2003 campaign.

Just my own humble opinion.

I would think that he was the kind of player who would want to prove that he can handle the bigs and want to start assuming the September call-ups happen. But I may be wrong.

By the Way here was his line from Tonights Knights game, He picked up the Win:

7IP 3H 2R 2ER 3BB 6K

In his last 4 starts he's 2-1 with a 2.25 ERA, 7BB and 27K's.

CLR01
08-22-2002, 01:44 AM

Are you watching the same team? I wouldnt say he has been on fire the last couple of days.

doublem23
08-22-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Are you watching the same team? I wouldnt say he has been on fire the last couple of days.

In the last seven days, Manos is hitting .333, slugging .800, has 2 homers, 5 RBIs, and 2 runs.

I'll take that on this team.

RedPinStripes
08-22-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Which SS are yo u wtching? :o:

oldcomiskey
08-22-2002, 07:18 AM
prolly the one sittin on the bench

RedPinStripes
08-22-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
prolly the one sittin on the bench

I'm really surprised we haven't heard anything from the great choice on teh bench. he has been hitting well and he's riding the pine.

hold2dibber
08-22-2002, 09:45 AM

Like a moron, on my fantasy team last night I sat Jose (thinking that Joe Mays probably would throw a perfect game against the sox, as he always seems to do) and played Rollins at SS instead. Ouch.

nut_stock
08-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Like a moron, on my fantasy team last night I sat Jose (thinking that Joe Mays probably would throw a perfect game against the sox, as he always seems to do) and played Rollins at SS instead. Ouch.

I lucked out I guess, I drafted Nomar as my SS.

ode to veeck
08-22-2002, 02:56 PM
Man has he been on fire these last couple days, and it sounds like from articles I've been reading that he's gonna be the starting shortstop next season. Funny what job secrurity can do to your on field performence

Gee, it only took KW/JM two years to figure this out, as Bugs would say "What a Maroon!"

Foulke You
08-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

Gee, it only took KW/JM two years to figure this out, as Bugs would say "What a Maroon!"

Also, don't forget that it took Manuel the better part of this season to realize that Jose was a catalyst for this team batting in that #2 hole where he has done the most damage in his tenure with the Sox. Now, if we can only convince JM that he is still a pretty good hitter right handed when given the opportunity...

Kilroy
08-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
...Now, if we can only convince JM that he is still a pretty good hitter right handed when given the opportunity...

Who? Valentin? Last 3 years right handed .215 in 2k, .203 in '01, and .184 this year.

If that's pretty good, then Choice is an All-star...

FarmerAndy
08-22-2002, 06:17 PM
It's no secret that I've been a supporter of The Choice at shortstop, but I agree 100% about Valentin batting in the 2 spot. I always liked him batting second and didn't understand why he was moved to the 6 spot. Before the season started, I said Valentin should stay in the 2 spot, and Durham should be moved back, because in '01 Durham was trying to hard to be a power hitter. Everybody said I was crazy, because Jose would have alot more RBI opportunities in the 6 spot. Anyway, I think he's back where he belongs in the batting order.

Foulke You
08-22-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Who? Valentin? Last 3 years right handed .215 in 2k, .203 in '01, and .184 this year.

If that's pretty good, then Choice is an All-star...

He's still a timely hitter regardless of batting left or right handed. While his overall numbers dip and he isn't as potent right handed, I still feel 100% better with Jose in the box right handed with the game on the line then Choice any day of the week.

RKMeibalane
08-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

He's still a timely hitter regardless of batting left or right handed. While his overall numbers dip and he isn't as potent right handed, I still feel 100% better with Jose in the box right handed with the game on the line then Choice any day of the week.

:manos

"Hey, Jerry, when am I going to play against left-handers?"

:jerry

"That's it, Jose. I am tired of your attitude. You're back on the bench. Royce, you're starting at short' tomorrow."

:hitless

"Yipppeee! Thanks, dad!"