PDA

View Full Version : Burhle and Run Support

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-21-2002, 09:22 PM
I guess that's the way it is with these guys. Either they give him no support, or they give him a bazillion runs. That's how his run support appears to be high while we often see him getting screwed with a 1-0 2-1 type of L.

sox_fan_forever
08-21-2002, 09:30 PM
Yeah, that's exactly it.

idseer
08-21-2002, 09:32 PM
i really fail to see how anyone can complain about mark's run support. he's about to win his 16th game for a really crappy team. i'd say it's a miracle anyone could win 15 games for this team!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-21-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by idseer
i really fail to see how anyone can complain about mark's run support. he's about to win his 16th game for a really crappy team. i'd say it's a miracle anyone could win 15 games for this team!

That has nothing to do with his run support, that is just a testament to how good he is. If he hadn't gotten screwed as much as he did he'd be in position to win 20 even despite the strike.

idseer
08-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

That has nothing to do with his run support, that is just a testament to how good he is. If he hadn't gotten screwed as much as he did he'd be in position to win 20 even despite the strike.

i don't think so. what you REALLY think is that if absolutely EVERYTHING went his way he'd already be there. well, everything doesn't always go right for ANY one. in fact, in some of those close victories the opposition is making the same claim you are ... they got no support or they got screwed. the fact is mark was pretty bad for a few of those games and was lucky in a couple others. all in all he's done remarkably well considering who he's pitching for.

BuehrleACE56
08-21-2002, 10:10 PM

i don't think so. what you REALLY think is that if absolutely EVERYTHING went his way he'd already be there. well, everything doesn't always go right for ANY one. in fact, in some of those close victories the opposition is making the same claim you are ... they got no support or they got screwed. the fact is mark was pretty bad for a few of those games and was lucky in a couple others. all in all he's done remarkably well considering who he's pitching for.

obviously if everything went our way all of our pitchers would have more wins than they do. that's life and that's sports. the fact of the matter is that despite bad luck, a crappy team, and with the help of skill and some luck Mark has won 16 games. That's awesome. we should be happy for mark and hope he doesnt jump ship as soon as he has the ability to. we need this kid around for a while.

idseer
08-21-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56

obviously if everything went our way all of our pitchers would have more wins than they do. that's life and that's sports. the fact of the matter is that despite bad luck, a crappy team, and with the help of skill and some luck Mark has won 16 games. That's awesome. we should be happy for mark and hope he doesnt jump ship as soon as he has the ability to. we need this kid around for a while.

ok ... pretty much what i said. however, if you think mark will be here any longer than he HAS to, you're in for a bitter disappointment, unless there are some BIG changes before he's able to leave (i mean BIG ... like the team being sold!)

Daver
08-21-2002, 10:16 PM

ok ... pretty much what i said. however, if you think mark will be here any longer than he HAS to, you're in for a bitter disappointment, unless there are some BIG changes before he's able to leave (i mean BIG ... like the team being sold!)

He's here till 2005 whether he likes it or not............

doublem23
08-21-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by daver

:burly
And then off to St. Louis!

Paulwny
08-22-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

:burly
And then off to St. Louis!

Watch out for King George.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-22-2002, 05:37 PM

Yep, by that time (provided we play any baseball until then) he should be damn near 100 wins already. He'll ask for market value, Reinsey will tell him to go **** himself & we'll lose him to someone else.

chisoxfanatic
08-23-2002, 02:51 AM

:KW
Not if I do something about that!

Heather the Redbird