PDA

View Full Version : Parque

hold2dibber
08-21-2002, 11:08 AM
I actually thought Parque looked okay out there tonight. He still doesn't have all of his arm strength back, but he was okay locating his pitches and they all seemed to have a little life on them. One of the five runs was unearned and the last run was pretty cheap (never would have scored if (1) Hunter hadn't stolen second (2) Rowand hadn't slipped fielding a fly ball or (3) Ginter has gotten the job done). He's still not back to 2000 form, but I continue to hold out hope that he will be in 2000 form next year. God knows we could use it.

Relatedly, as I understand it, Parque is arbitration eligible this off season. Does anyone have any sense for what he might expect to get? I would think that a guy who is coming off of major surgery and hasn't proven himself yet after the surgery, would not get much in arbitration. Is it possible, under the CBA, for a player to get less in arbitration than he was earning previously?

Daver
08-21-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I actually thought Parque looked okay out there tonight. He still doesn't have all of his arm strength back, but he was okay locating his pitches and they all seemed to have a little life on them. One of the five runs was unearned and the last run was pretty cheap (never would have scored if (1) Hunter hadn't stolen second (2) Rowand hadn't slipped fielding a fly ball or (3) Ginter has gotten the job done). He's still not back to 2000 form, but I continue to hold out hope that he will be in 2000 form next year. God knows we could use it.

Relatedly, as I understand it, Parque is arbitration eligible this off season. Does anyone have any sense for what he might expect to get? I would think that a guy who is coming off of major surgery and hasn't proven himself yet after the surgery, would not get much in arbitration. Is it possible, under the CBA, for a player to get less in arbitration than he was earning previously? If they offer him arbitration their offer has to be a minimum of 80% of his current salary.