PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought

RKMeibalane
08-21-2002, 09:58 AM
Does anyone think it's possible that Jerry Reinsdorf has an informant who vists this site? The person in question may not have a WSI account, but he may be "lurking" around the message boards to see what fans and others are saying about the White Sox.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I wouldn't put it past JR.

hold2dibber
08-21-2002, 09:59 AM
I would be surprised if there wasn't someone in the Sox organization who monitors this site. But I doubt they report directly to JR (more likely to Gallas or one of his underlings).

voodoochile
08-21-2002, 10:01 AM
I think the team is aware of WSI. Whether they pay someone to keep tabs on us is a different matter. I would imagine they have people who keep tabs on media outlets and this falls under that category.

Just curious: Why would it matter?

RKMeibalane
08-21-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Just curious: Why would it matter?

If Reinsdorf, or someone close to him, is aware of all the negative things many of us have said about the Sox this summer, he may using our behavior as an excuse to continue doing nothing to improve the ballclub. JR already has it in for Sox fans, and he probably sees us as the ring leaders of an anti-Reinsdorf campaign.

Dadawg_77
08-21-2002, 10:21 AM
Why would JR care? Look, I think you guys are totally misunderstanding him. He blames the team lack ability to go out and get a big name player on the fans, since they don't come out. Thus he creates no revenue and he won't lose money on the team. This is personal for him, strictly business.

Plus a site like this can only help him out. The people who post and visit here are probally some of the most loyal Sox fans, his customer base. So maybe if he sees a grouployal fans pissed at the team, he may take action if he feels their concerns are warrented.

steff
08-21-2002, 10:25 AM
Don't know about "informants" to JR or JM.. but I know several players have, and still, come here. Two on a regular basis.

TornLabrum
08-21-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by steff3603
Don't know about "informants" to JR or JM.. but I know several players have, and still, come here. Two on a regular basis.

God, now I'll have to write a whole series of column sucking up to them!

Cheryl
08-21-2002, 10:50 AM
My older brother's first job with his current boss was to track what was said about the boss in the media--print, broadcast, and electronic. He's moved up, but there's still someone doing that for this particular guy.

I would guess the Sox organization has someone--an intern, or even something like an old-fashioned clipping service--who does the same sort of thing.

voodoochile
08-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

God, now I'll have to write a whole series of column sucking up to them!

Teal Damnit, USE TEAL!!!

:)

TornLabrum
08-21-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Teal Damnit, USE TEAL!!!

:)

Who's being sarcastic? *cough cough*

BuehrleACE56
08-21-2002, 11:12 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if people in the sox organization monitor this site or come here now and then. but i doubt they pay someone to specifically lurk here and report to JR. thats seems too conspiracry theoryish. If you were a player, would you come here? jw...

VeeckAsInWreck
08-21-2002, 11:19 AM
:reinsy
"Don't mind me! Just go about your business and pretend that I'm not here!"

idseer
08-21-2002, 01:01 PM
ok ... OK! so i'm busted!