PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup at USCF on Sunday 6/21

Harry Potter
06-19-2015, 04:11 PM
https://twitter.com/whitesox

BREAKING: White Sox will welcome the Stanley Cup on Sunday, June 21 for the White Sox game vs. Texas at 1:10 p.m.

The Stanley Cup will be on the field for a special pregame ceremony Sunday celebrating the Hawks’ third championship title in six years.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UfBePUbn2Us/TSzxkV1uddI/AAAAAAAAHws/FdEhm-tS36U/s400/remaincalm-01.jpg

Harry Potter
06-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Make that, Sunday 6/21

ricker182
06-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Good day for it.
I know this team sucks, but that's a good excuse to take your father to the game.

Soxman219
06-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Last time we'll see what winning looks like for a while.

XplodingScorbord
06-19-2015, 07:41 PM
I was told that the White Sox were such an ineptly run organization that they were too dumb to even invite the Blackhawks, and such an afterthought in Chicago that the Blackhawks probably wouldn't even come. I guess that was wrong.

ChiSoxGirl
06-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Damn. I'm going tomorrow. :mad:

Noneck
06-19-2015, 09:59 PM
It now makes total sense, tease the fans yesterday to come to park with them thinking the cup will be there, then schedule a day for the cup to actually be there.

Harry Potter
06-19-2015, 10:40 PM
It now makes total sense, tease the fans yesterday to come to park with them thinking the cup will be there, then schedule a day for the cup to actually be there.

Here we go again... what "tease" are you referring to?

This is the same thing that happened in 2013.

Noneck
06-19-2015, 10:49 PM
Here we go again... what "tease" are you referring to?

This is the same thing that happened in 2013.

The cup shows up unannounced at cubs park a few days earlier, then the Sox have a promotion for specially priced tickets by wearing Hawks apparel. Maybe Im a sucker but if it showed up at cubs park, Id think just maybe it would show up also at Sox park unannounced.

DSpivack
06-19-2015, 10:55 PM
I hope Hawk doesn't think it's about him.

ricker182
06-19-2015, 11:21 PM
The cup shows up unannounced at cubs park a few days earlier, then the Sox have a promotion for specially priced tickets by wearing Hawks apparel. Maybe Im a sucker but if it showed up at cubs park, Id think just maybe it would show up also at Sox park unannounced.

I agree. Total miss by the Sox PR and FO.

I'm sure there were many fans that thought the Cup would be there.

guillensdisciple
06-20-2015, 06:12 AM

To be fair, the Sox are just doing anything possible to get fans into the stadium. We do need a couple day head start to probably get the word around that the cup is coming in order to make sure we fill seats. I mean, the last time the cup was there I think we had 15 or 17000 there. Can't blame the sox for trying to be business savvy here.

Chez
06-20-2015, 12:32 PM
I agree. Total miss by the Sox PR and FO.

I'm sure there were many fans that thought the Cup would be there.

Isn't it solely up to the Blackhawks where the Cup goes and when the Cup goes there?! The Hawks and the Cup were at a private function on Thursday night. The Sox ran a nice reduced ticket promotion Thursday night -- it was parade day and lots of folks were downtown wearing Hawks gear.

I'm not happy with the way the season is going either, but blaming the Sox for not having the Cup at the ballpark on Thursday night is kind of ridiculous.

Harry Potter
06-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Isn't it solely up to the Blackhawks where the Cup goes and when the Cup goes there?! The Hawks and the Cup were at a private function on Thursday night. The Sox ran a nice reduced ticket promotion Thursday night -- it was parade day and lots of folks were downtown wearing Hawks gear.

I'm not happy with the way the season is going either, but blaming the Sox for not having the Cup at the ballpark on Thursday night is kind of ridiculous.

Amen, brother

CoopaLoop
06-20-2015, 05:20 PM
Some of you let bad White Sox baseball affect your ability to think straight.